Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not that i've seen. Yesterday he tried telling us that CH was on HOLIDAY in France when in actual fact he was with the team in Southampton. Yes, CH was in France last week, but with the team, training. Not a holiday.

Before he returned to the club to finalise the Rosenior deal he was in holiday in France with Cheryl. My reference to France was not about the club trip to France perhaps that's where your misinterpretation came from. Again someone not having read my post correctly

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think this wan my statement about his holiday in France

''Chris had actually been on holiday in France and didn't finalise our first 2 signings till he came back.''

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

''Chris had actually been on holiday in France and didn't finalise our first 2 signings till he came back.''

Checking out PSG players who cant quite make the grade over there? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm referring to a second post on Tuesday #363. I know you think I'm getting at you, but it was very misleading. It appeared from that post that Hughton had come back from France with the team and was away again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm referring to a second post on Tuesday #363. I know you think I'm getting at you, but it was very misleading. It appeared from that post that Hughton had come back from France with the team and was away again.

This is getting a bit "dog with a bone" :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't mean to be rude and don't want to fall out with anyone on here but I cant be held responsible if someone misinterprets what I write. I know Chris and he wouldn't sign a player without having spoken to them. Thats all I tried to get across. If you tell everyone to say nothing at all then this whole forum wouldn't exist.
I also enjoy reading your posts. Much better than a lot of the transfer speculation on here.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Let's hope the delay (almost 2 weeks since last signing) is worth it eh?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Given the constant moaning on this thread, it would be interesting to see the reaction if the rumours of us agreeing a fee with Fulham for Dunk are true (apparently £4.5 million according to Twitter/someone on their forum). Probably complete rubbish but this board (and especially this thread) would implode!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would rather the club get the right players even if it takes a couple more weeks.

Completely agree with this. There's a lot of fuss about last season proving that we must act early to have a chance of being up there. However, last year we had an awful manager in charge for the first half of the season and the signings didn't work out as a result. If we sign the right players in August, then they should fit in fine. It's not ideal but most clubs don't complete their activity in July. It's very rare and usually means you overspend.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Given the constant moaning on this thread, it would be interesting to see the reaction if the rumours of us agreeing a fee with Fulham for Dunk are true (apparently £4.5 million according to Twitter/someone on their forum). Probably complete rubbish but this board (and especially this thread) would implode!

As long as we spend the money we make from him, I'd be fine with this. He's not worth £4.5m. I'd say we could replace him for £2m quite easily if we buy well, and that would leave £2.5m to buy a quality attacking player or two.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As long as we spend the money we make from him, I'd be fine with this. He's not worth £4.5m. I'd say we could replace him for £2m quite easily if we buy well, and that would leave £2.5m to buy a quality attacking player or two.

I agree with this. Was the sort of price I would have taken (especially if it has a high sell on in case he does make it big). But, I could imagine the reaction on here wouldn't be great!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Disappointing if we sell to another Championship team.

We must get a 50+% sell on as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Disappointing if we sell to another Championship tream.

We must get a 50+% sell on as well.

The club won't sell him to another Champ team. I know nobody believes that. But worth noting how many times , and they normally don't say much about anything, have actually said it publicly this summer.
"Dunk is very much a part of what we are trying to achieve here and we, at this particular moment, are certainly not thinking in any way about losing any players" Hughton , The Argus, July 8th

As for the source of this rumour. Its here. Someone with 77 followers on Twitter. Of course it must be true. Or perhaps not. the fun people have making up stuff on Twitter in close season.
[tweet]621645549897388032[/tweet]
Insists he "has a friend at the club" . of course he does.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Every player has his price and whilst probably just twitter nonsense 4.5M would be a decent price. As I see it isn't about selling but replacing well and unfortunately we haven't done that recently. As long as the price is good and funds used well then I wouldn't have an issue although some may

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would sell him for that price in a heartbeat.

I don't think Dunk is anything out of the ordinary.

Perhaps he could be better in the future but I doubt his value would ever go much above that level, even if he got better. Thats not the only reason I would sell him - if a player sets his heart on leaving the club you will never get the best out of him again and things just start to get bitter if it drags on. Just look at the saga with Raheem Sterling which was played out in the Tabloid Press as opposed to behind closed doors. That was a mixture of his Agent and people at Liverpool leaking things to the press.

So for that reason it is best to let him go if he wants to and then move on quickly to get replacements in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here