Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You'll like this .

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See - even GIRLS understand more about football than the Brighton and Hove News' chief sports correspondant.

Yeah! :thumbsup:

In other news, the significance of today's brief light rain shower in the Mid Sussex area points to the need for a global agreement & action on climate change.

Doesn't it?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Having now read the article (thanks to [MENTION=11926]Gary Leeds[/MENTION] for his selfless sacrifice) I'm convinced that he accidentally posted his notes rather than the finished article as it's more a list of musings than anything else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You see, once I realise a thread is one of HB&B's self-promoting efforts, I simply don't bother to click on the link.

Part of me wants to, just to know if the article really is as terrible as almost everybody says it is. But then again, every time somebody does that, it registers as a "view", and from previous experience, he takes the viewing stats as some kind of indicator of the success/ brilliance of the article. I'm not willing to contribute to that, so I save myself the time.

This. hb&b is an uneducated, illiterate simpleton and I really don't like the sad sack one bit. Therefore, I don't click on it. Simples.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

Oh yeah, that originally had the Athina B running aground WEST of the Palace Pier, or the original photo on the page (which is still linked if you click the picture by Rob Harris link) of Quadrophenia Alley that has in big letter F**K OFF on the wall. And best of all, Jo Wadsworth, the web editor of the Argus, was asking on the Brighton Past Facebook page if anyone had any photos that could be used in the article so he didn't even do the work himself, his "boss" had to!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And don't forget the 'quiz' that he sent to prospective parliamentary candidates - the one where he managed to get one of the answers wrong. That was sheer genius

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing will ever defeat: 'I once asked us Gus where his inspiration lurks. He said "I'm convinced what I do works'''

Ah yes: the first, ill-conceived & poorly executed attempt by the Shakespeare of Shirley Drive to write in iambic pentameter.

Or be Eminem, I can't tell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
monkey1.jpg

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012

This is why I love NSC. Something appallingly put together, shockingly edited for spelling mistakes and grammatical faux pas, turns into a very amusing thread.

For that reason Tim Thick and Dim would never go into my Room 101 on NSC. The only time I would stop reading his work is if the great and good of NSC stopped commenting on it.

Tim - please don't stop. Please continue to churn out your journalistic gunk as the responses it illicits absolutely make it worthwhile picking my way through the original 'article'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here