Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this our Cup Final?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure about "easier" draw but I've certainly concluded it is a better draw for us fans. It feels like a good day out and a free hit. A loss to either of the other teams would have left me completely pissed off at the missed opportunity, and that would have guaranteed an unwanted tension through the whole game.

Good point that

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'n not even going but I'm treating it as the cup final! Just being in the semi's is nothing short of a miracle since the Goldstone and Withdean days! I'm so excited i may paint my house in blue and white stripes! :albion2:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We have zero pressure, players or fans, most fans give us about 10% chance of winning. If we win it would be ridiculous, mad. I’d need a week off work at least. If we lose I don’t think anyone would be ‘too’ gutted because the hope wasn’t high.
However against Wolves/Watford in the FINAL - different story. There would be lots of pressure and a huge fan expectation. The hope would be there in spades.
I’m willing to risk it!! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought this was a thread about the Southampton game... Hope the players aren’t getting as distracted as the fans!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I hope so , because I’ve obviously slipped into a 30 day coma , woken up and I can now make the final unlike the semi final which we obviously won ( well done lads ) , can I have a lift please if anyone’s passing by . Ta x

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Must admit one of my favourite memories is at full-time at Highbury in our last cup semi. A better feeling than the final.

kjgood

Ah. Neither my Dad nor I could care less what the pundits think, and yes we would have an expectation that we could beat either of those teams. We've already beaten Wolves, and frankly should have beaten Watford too (but for Ben Foster).

I was taking the micky out of the pundits and press who's coverage of the Millwall game was all about Millwall and not us. Since then its who will City play in the final? we have been dismissed as though we are not actually turning up. I wasnt saying we wouldnt be able to beat Wolves or Watford. I have £10 at 20/1 to win in the semi BTW.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this our Cup Final?

For once, that term, routinely applied in a scornfully derisive manner to minnows facing giants, seems oddly appropriate. But in a good way.

It's all the FA's fault really: pimping out Wembley – traditionally a shimmering prospect for the competition's glorious culmination – as a ready vehicle for extorting further countless £millions from supporters attending the two semifinals.

But look at it this way. On 6 April 2019, Brighton & Hove Albion are facing Manchester City at Wembley… for the prospect of a match a month later, at Wembley, against Wolverhampton Wanderers… Or Watford.

Leaving aside the actual prize, that sequence of football matches just seems a case of Lord Mayor's Show and dustcarts.

Probably just me. Or is anyone else seeing the Citeh encounter as a far more glamorous and hugely memorable occasion, and one that will live long in the memory?

It's a big daft fun day out for the fans and a chance for the club to flog some truly embarrassing tat. Beyond that? Meh :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have three cup finals in the next few weeks, of those this is the least important.

Southampton (H)
Man City (N)
Cardiff City (H)

Those are the three massive games for us. If we get a fourth cup final by beating City then that's amazing, but Saturday is a bigger and more important game for us

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have three cup finals in the next few weeks, of those this is the least important.

Southampton (H)
Man City (N)
Cardiff City (H)

Those are the three massive games for us. If we get a fourth cup final by beating City then that's amazing, but Saturday is a bigger and more important game for us

True, but if we win Saturday, we reset and then the semi final becomes the biggest, most important game.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here