Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amy should not be on the show IMO, showing all the signs of major insecurity which is a painful watch.

I tend to agree a bit but luckily she seems to be well supported and liked by the other girls.

I do think that maybe her lack of experience in relationships or whatever is not exactly ideal in this show. It does feel a bit holiday romance to me

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Amy looks like she can smell someone's fart the whole time

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tough viewing in the Hart household tonight I should imagine.
I have tried to watch this, but I can't, it's appalling.
But whilst flicking channels I have stopped on Love Island to witness Amy being blown out like a windsock.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I once stayed on the Greek Islands for a whole summer.
Every night there were British girls crying because they met and shagged a Greek or British boy, they thought they were in love and going to have a holiday romance or see them when they got home.
Then they would get all angry and all femininity would go out of the window.
Night after night.
It seems things have not changed at all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just caught up with last night's.

As someone who has never seen a single minute of this show before this series, I was thinking it was all largely quite mild-mannered, but the last few days have changed all that.

Completely agree with the sentiments above. I really don't like Amber (so full of herself, like) nor Anna and their clique being broken up - assuming all the singles get binned off back to the Casa again - is good.

Also agree that the teaser makes Anna look very hypocritical indeed - "It's alright for me to bin someone off just like that, but how dare anyone do that to a friend of mine!"

This engineered twist does show how this show can intentionally **** with people's minds in a bad way for the sake of entertainment though, which doesn't sit well with me given the sad fates of some who have been on this programme previously.

Always remember that Big Brother started off as a " Social Experiment " in order to see how people interact when confined together, pretty soon they were manipulating events in order to get reactions that ended up incredibly spiteful in order to get the ratings.

There was a show on C5 recently called "Trawlermen; Celebs at Sea" putting the likes of some bloke from a Boy Band, Antony Worrel Thompson and Ben Cohen on to a trawler in a decent sea having to gut tons of live fish as they came aboard.... now why would they do that ? answer, pure exploitation and trying to get a reaction.It's crass telly at it's finest and Love Island is no exception, it's the modern day version of The Colosseum.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Always remember that Big Brother started off as a " Social Experiment " in order to see how people interact when confined together, pretty soon they were manipulating events in order to get reactions that ended up incredibly spiteful in order to get the ratings.

There was a show on C5 recently called "Trawlermen; Celebs at Sea" putting the likes of some bloke from a Boy Band, Antony Worrel Thompson and Ben Cohen on to a trawler in a decent sea having to gut tons of live fish as they came aboard.... now why would they do that ? answer, pure exploitation and trying to get a reaction.It's crass telly at it's finest and Love Island is no exception, it's the modern day version of The Colosseum.
You're 100% right and just like back then people still want to watch it! At least it's nice to see ********s get pied

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Every night there were British girls crying because they met and shagged a Greek or British boy, they thought they were in love and going to have a holiday romance or see them when they got home.
Night after night.
Bang on I worked in Rhodes for two years, you had the tourist girls and this club of workers which reminds me of LI a bit. I met the Mrs there and been with her 25 years so proof a holiday fling can work.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Night after night.

Were you personally responsible for any of those emotional outbursts?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
People are actually discussing this show like it's real on here ! Most of the scenes are set up.

Fairly sure the bloke who is with the Worthing bird is gay in real life

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
People are actually discussing this show like it's real on here ! Most of the scenes are set up.

Fairly sure the bloke who is with the Worthing bird is gay in real life

According to the Independent, claims of potentially staged or scripted scenes emerged during the 2018 series after viewers noticed multiple continuity inconsistencies, and some former participants of the ITV hit have spoken publicly about the show's filming process.

Model Tyla Carr, who appeared in the 2017 series of Love Island, previously told the publication that producers would "prompt" islanders to have certain conversations. She revealed, "They would prompt you. They may suggest it would be a good idea if you brought something up or discussed something. Basically, if you've had three separate conversations with someone, they may ask you to have the conversation again all in one go to make it better viewing."

Carr went onto reveal more behind-the-scenes details, telling the Metro, "You have to tell the producers on site if you are planning to have an important chat or do something. So they make sure the microphones pick it up and the cameras get it. If you forget they would call you in and ask you to film it again. Liv Attwood had to dump Sam Gowland twice last year, which was embarrassing for both of them!"

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Watched the first 5 mins ever tonight because of stumbling on this thread. Wow how can this shit be entertainment.

I wish the Albion girl luck. My cousin said she's a friend but who would put themselves through this shit. I am not young but i am not ****ing old... but i do not get this show and the people who want to go on it. Self loving, shallow people wanting to make a quick buck.

Must also be hard seeing your daughter cry on TV.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Were you personally responsible for any of those emotional outbursts?

No.
I mostly stayed with the others who were doing the same as me and were out there for some time or passing through doing Europe, there was a sort of understanding that blokes need to drain their balls from time to time and they were fine with that.
If I did meet a holiday maker I found the Scandinavians, Dutch and Germans far more grown up about it and they just saw it as holiday fun.
I avoided the British and Irish girls like the plague, very immature and clingy, wanted to marry you the next day, look at another girl and all hell would break loose.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
When does this finish? Seems to have been going on forever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What an incredibly tough few days for Amy. Does feel like she built Curtis and the whole relationship up on a very high pedestal very quickly, and from there it could only fall. All relationships need some working on, and he hasn't said much that wouldn't be part and parcel of the early days of a lot of relationships, except they had both used the word "perfect" about things so much that any bump in the road was going to be magnified.

Amber and Anna just drive me absolutely insane. Anna tries to be a good friend by jumping to the defence of her girl, but actually she just brings out the worst in Amber. I actually felt last night amber was dealing with things a lot better than I was expecting, but then Anna had to go and give Michael a hard time for doing exactly what she'd done to Jordan. Horrible, horrible woman, and while Ovie is sat there moaning to Amber about how Michael handled it, I just hope he felt he had to say that, and inside he's looking at Anna and thinking "ah, a two-faced s&*t-stirrer, who flips and becomes a childish playground bully. Hmm, hadn't seen that before, right, who else is single round here." If not mate, you're no better.

Great show. Brutally written to create all this.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
No.
I mostly stayed with the others who were doing the same as me and were out there for some time or passing through doing Europe, there was a sort of understanding that blokes need to drain their balls from time to time and they were fine with that.
If I did meet a holiday maker I found the Scandinavians, Dutch and Germans far more grown up about it and they just saw it as holiday fun.
I avoided the British and Irish girls like the plague, very immature and clingy, wanted to marry you the next day, look at another girl and all hell would break loose.

Sounds like you could pen a book about it. 'The Swordsman of Sussex'. I'd certainly buy a copy:drool:

I'm married to a French lady, so I get your drift. Nothing against British/Irish women(if you're listening!), but that's the way it worked out.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sounds like you could pen a book about it. 'The Swordsman of Sussex'. I'd certainly by a copy:drool:

I'm married to a French lady, so I get your drift.

Don't tell the wife but it was the best 6 months of my life.
Anyone that has spent a summer travelling or working abroad will probably say the same.
I did the Greek Islands, what made it easy was 250 drachma to the pound and beer (as an example) was about 50 drachma.
Very cheap campsites and loads of cheap rooms available to rent.
Every day was a holiday, I met people from all over the world and just had a fun time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
According to the Independent, claims of potentially staged or scripted scenes emerged during the 2018 series after viewers noticed multiple continuity inconsistencies, and some former participants of the ITV hit have spoken publicly about the show's filming process.

Model Tyla Carr, who appeared in the 2017 series of Love Island, previously told the publication that producers would "prompt" islanders to have certain conversations. She revealed, "They would prompt you. They may suggest it would be a good idea if you brought something up or discussed something. Basically, if you've had three separate conversations with someone, they may ask you to have the conversation again all in one go to make it better viewing."

Carr went onto reveal more behind-the-scenes details, telling the Metro, "You have to tell the producers on site if you are planning to have an important chat or do something. So they make sure the microphones pick it up and the cameras get it. If you forget they would call you in and ask you to film it again. Liv Attwood had to dump Sam Gowland twice last year, which was embarrassing for both of them!"

Just shows you what a thick, vacuous, shameless generation are being raised by some.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Don't tell the wife but it was the best 6 months of my life.
Anyone that has spent a summer travelling or working abroad will probably say the same.
I did the Greek Islands, what made it easy was 250 drachma to the pound and beer (as an example) was about 50 drachma.
Very cheap campsites and loads of cheap rooms available to rent.
Every day was a holiday, I met people from all over the world and just had a fun time.

Don't worry, it'll go no further:wink:

Sounds like you had a ball on all fronts.

An update on your book title: 'Swordsman of Sussex on tour'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here