Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Not quite sure how much of Danny Murphy you've watched or listened too. One of the most insightful pundits around at the moment. I can barely recall anything he's said that hasn't been either new to me, or at least of interest.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
NSC should be ashamed of itself. Grown men, some with families, others with respected jobs who many take influence on, and yet, there's a thread bitching and slagging off professional football commentators without a single mention of Martin Keown!!!

Post #40...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ian Wright, after I noticed he chose not to say a word about our win against Huddersfield on MOTD on Saturday. Too gutted I imagine or maybe he was worn out after eulogising Palace players. ( pretty impressive goal from Zaha I admit though)

Always find him irritating to listen to when he does talk.

Last edited:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Glen Hoddle

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ian Wright, after I noticed he chose not to say a word about our win against Huddersfield on MOTD on Saturday. Too gutted I imagine or maybe he was worn out after eulogising Palace players. ( pretty impressive goal from Zaha I admit though)

Always find him irritating to listen to when he does talk.

I tend to think most of the pundits are unbiased and it's usually us being over-sensitive. But I must admit Ian Wright has been very sparing with his praise of us this season and over-critical of our tactics after one of the game against the big 6 (can't remember which one). It did feel like a bit of a Palace thing going on there - even if it's just as a bit of a private joke.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's interesting to me is the sheer number of names involved. It's a marked contrast to rugby and cricket where the pundits generally offer some very insightful views and it's not because they're public school educated toffs either.

I know that there's a lot more football on TV and therefore a lot more pundits, but the paucity of informed comment is a rather damning indictment about TV's choice of 'experts'

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
NSC should be ashamed of itself. Grown men, some with families, others with respected jobs who many take influence on, and yet, there's a thread bitching and slagging off professional football commentators without a single mention of Martin Keown!!!

Ahem, I even provided 10 reasons why I hate him so much!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's interesting to me is the sheer number of names involved. It's a marked contrast to rugby and cricket where the pundits generally offer some very insightful views and it's not because they're public school educated toffs either.

I know that there's a lot more football on TV and therefore a lot more pundits, but the paucity of informed comment is a rather damning indictment about TV's choice of 'experts'

The sheer scale of the huge English football business, can support a huge number of leeches.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Every time I see Jamie Carragher I fully expect him to gob at the camera
Lucky boy that he got his job back especially as most people can't understand a word he spouts out

Chris Sutton is trying to be fresh and unique
However he is is already sounding washed up and repetitive

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It was Robbie Earle by a country mile. ITV used to drag the ex Wimbledon cart horse out for Champions League matches. What was that all about?

Currently, most of the them are crap from Shearer to Merson. Reactive to a single score, a bad run of results, they spout a narrative without deep analysis. Desparate for a new spurious take to grab our attention.
He graces our American Giant TV screens now - always sounds like he has just had a stroke / is a bit pissed / learning difficulties

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Ok - not a pundit but a commentator... Alan Green is such a miserable little hunchback that he could bring Kylie round to my house and tell me I’d won the lottery and I’d still want to cut my wrists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here