[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Were we poor today? - Yes
Will we stay up ?- Yes
Will CH still be manager next season? - Yes
We are at Wembley next week with a (slim) chance of getting to the FA cup final.
Put today’s performance out of your minds and gear up for an epic performance against Citeh.
Seeeeeeeaaguuuuuulls.
Have I been drinking? -Yes

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Were we poor today? - Yes
Will we stay up ?- Yes
Will CH still be manager next season? - Yes
We are at Wembley next week with a (slim) chance of getting to the FA cup final.
Put today’s performance out of your minds and gear up for an epic performance against Citeh.
Seeeeeeeaaguuuuuulls.
Have I been drinking? -Yes

I think you have forgotten Chelsea on Weds.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The table doesn't look pretty, but at least we have a game in hand on Palace, Southampton and Newcastle, and two games in hand on Burnley.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The characteristic thing for Albion to do would have been to lose at Palace and Millwall and win today to ensure safety - that being the priority.

We pulled out the heroics and then lost today, having hit the side netting and bar and dominated most of the second half. Duffy was a couple of inches from equalising. Players looked far from overjoyed, but entire North Stand walked out with no applause.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The characteristic thing for Albion to do would have been to lose at Palace and Millwall and win today to ensure safety - that being the priority.

We pulled out the heroics and then lost today, having hit the side netting and bar and dominated most of the second half. Duffy was a couple of inches from equalising. Players looked far from overjoyed, but entire North Stand walked out with no applause.

Brighton played poorly and deserved to lose. Comatose for 65 minutes in a crucial home game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its not the losing that is bad it's losing to a very poor team and looking like we had no fight or spirit (until we went 1-0 down). Today's defeat was not about quality of the team it was about attitude of the manager and the players.

I really can't understand why Kayal did not play, it would have been his sort of game and he has played well in every game he has played nor do I understand why Izquierdo did not come on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why all of the doom and gloom? We've got a nice manager and a fantastic training ground.
And some of the best footballers our club has ever had.

This was a rare off day under CH at The Amex.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Great to beat rivals, even better to get 3 points. But we weren't the better team, and that's the worry..... Palace, 2 poor teams and 2 wonder goals from us, Millwall, very poor and large slice of luck, Huddersfield 2 poor teams, crap performance separated by Andone goal..... Away at Leicester, we were better and still lost.... But we to often look wooden, leggy and devoid of ideas.

our lack of attacking intent against a relegation rival was/is throughly bemusing .....Glen Murray is 35 years old , he is not going to compete against 4 defenders on his own and come up with any success , our ball retention is woeful , it really seemed yesterday that we would rather that the other team had the ball so we could just defend....cos thats what we do best ......well boys , you can't defend for 90 minutes , i'm expecting a full rebore from chelsea and another one from citeh.....maybe then we can wake the **** up and get the 6 points we need to stay up .....we have played ourselves into a position that can only be described as shit house.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Stayed out a bit later than anticipated with wifey last night and decided to go to bed and watch the replay this morning.
Good desicion on my part I think, if we keep dishing that up I can’t realistically seeing us winning another game for the rest of the season.
Hopefully we scrape enough points with a few 0 - 0 draws to survive.
I really think a change of direction is required, Chris has done well to get us here, but we need to kick on.
We have had a few moments this season when It looked like we had turned a corner, though all lead to dead ends and back we went.
The players look like they don’t need to try and have no passion for this type of game.
Too late now, but maybe at the time Nathan Jones should have been a given longer caretaker period.
I am a Brighton supporter, but having to watch this, which every week seems to have deteriorated a bit more, is hell.
Seriously thinking of giving the game next Sat a miss, as I can’t justify staying up till 2.30am to watch us being rodgered 20 - 0
My mind may change over the next few days, but this just isn’t good enough and not worth the sacrifice.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The reality is,

-Our squad is one of the poorest in the league

-if we 'changed' things around and tried to be more direct and imaginative with our game plan, we'd probably be where Fulham are right now.

-CH's style of football in the Prem is boring, but yet it'ill get you those crucial points you need to survive.

Until we start bringing in players who can make more of an instant impact, what can CH really do? He's still relying heavily on the core of his Championship winning team. The signings of recent haven't been great .We've not seen the standard improve over the last year, in fact, we've got worse. Out of all of last summers signings, none of them have been holding down a regular place. The big money signings have disappointed when you consider Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks (so far) bang average, Locadia looks clumsy and limited, Bissouma looks raw and inexperienced, but yet their combined transfer fee came to around £50m

On the positives, Bernado's looking like a good signing at long last, and to be fair, Andone's has showed that instant impact we need from new signings and does look like a player who will up the standard.

But would you say that was a good year for recruitment? I don't and I think it's starting to cost us in this final stage of the

Totally this in a nutshell
Our recruitment has been terribly disappointing considering the number of bodies and the money spent in last two years
Also would be good to see some decent British players recruited to bolster the team

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Everyone did fairly well today. Apart from stephens, aj, Murray (starved from service & support)

The back 5 did great. Bissouma did well (Apart from the obvious), knockheart tried.

North stand was very poor too

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Everyone did fairly well today. Apart from stephens, aj, Murray (starved from service & support)

The back 5 did great. Bissouma did well (Apart from the obvious), knockheart tried.

I dont think you can blame the crowd at all. British crowds generally ebb and flow with the action on the pitch (which I much prefer to a constant euro style drone)... The atmosphere began upbeat. Then we created the sum total of f all on the pitch and moved the ball around at snails pace, against a team below us, not for the first time this season. Frustration/boredom set in in the stands. Hardly surprising it wasn't a cauldron of noise - their keeper didn't have one testing save to make.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

What?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here