Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Just how much better than Mo Barrow? He looks quicker and Marrow was quite quick.

Barrow left Swansea 2 years ago, but to an extent you are correct. When it comes to positions like wing, it's fine margins. Adam Reach, for me, is the best player in the Championship, but his position, by default, encourages inconsistency. If you look at the goals he's scored, you'd say that whatever league he plays in, those shots go in, but who has the luxury of playing someone like him? Watch these finishes and tell me who can do this at our club?

Will James be a success at United? I don't know,( I don't think he has enough), but isn't it great that these young players are being given a chance?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Barrow left Swansea 2 years ago, but to an extent you are correct. When it comes to positions like wing, it's fine margins. Adam Reach, for me, is the best player in the Championship, but his position, by default, encourages inconsistency. If you look at the goals he's scored, you'd say that whatever league he plays in, those shots go in, but who has the luxury of playing someone like him? Watch these finishes and tell me who can do this at our club?

Will James be a success at United? I don't know,( I don't think he has enough), but isn't it great that these young players are being given a chance?

Mo Barrow played for Östersunds so Graham Potter would be in a position to compare!?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes. Although big shame he’s Welsh.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The big question is whether Graham Potter will play two wingers like Hughton, one winger like Poyet, no wingers (wing-backs) like Hyypia, or flexible like Oscar Garcia. As we can only play on one wing at a time, if we play two wingers what role does the spare winger occupy?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
James in the team vs Croatia, live now

James to Harry Wilson. Big chance for Wales

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes. Although big shame he’s Welsh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Talk that Man Utd would take £18M for him.
Leeds back in, they were close to signing him Jan before he went to Manure

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

From the little I've seen of him he just looks like he has blistering pace. Take that away and he doesn't seem anything special at all. Of course I could be wrong on that considering how little I've seen of him but I really don't think he's what we need right now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
From the little I've seen of him he just looks like he has blistering pace. Take that away and he doesn't seem anything special at all. Of course I could be wrong on that considering how little I've seen of him but I really don't think he's what we need right now.

The consensus on here seems to be that pace in our squad is one thing we definitely need right now. That and a different type of striker.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The consensus on here seems to be that pace in our squad is one thing we definitely need right now. That and a different type of striker.

I actually thought we looked pretty pacey against Chelsea with Lamptey and March both up and down both wings. Watching Mitrovic yesterday was what had me wishing. Shame he's such a hot head.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would love to see Dan James and GP working together again... Dont think OGS is using him in the right way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Its pretty fun, probably the only time I've ever seen GP clearly hinting frustration at his bosses. They tried to sell James for £1m to Leeds, while also trying to get rid of Potters captain at Swansea (Leroy Fer) on a free deal... CEO Huw Jenkins went against the owners and stopped the deals, and got axed a day or two later. Five months later Swansea got £18m for DJ.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Its pretty fun, probably the only time I've ever seen GP clearly hinting frustration at his bosses. They tried to sell James for £1m to Leeds, while also trying to get rid of Potters captain at Swansea (Leroy Fer) on a free deal... CEO Huw Jenkins went against the owners and stopped the deals, and got axed a day or two later. Five months later Swansea got £18m for DJ.

How did Potter use James for Swansea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here