Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool gamesmanship

el punal

Oh god no. I'm sorry, but there are just too many gobby plastic bindippers in this territory, not to mention the oceans of overly mawkish sentimental scousers and unbearable media narrative that would cream themselves over a Liverpool title win. FFS, they only have to play Sturm Graz under the lights at Anfield in a preliminary Europa League nobody-gives-a-shit Thursday night BOREFEST for every broadcaster, redtop and broadsheet to declare it some kind of Legendary Anfield Event (c).

Everyone in the country who does NOT "support" Liverpool has got it dead right. They would be unbearable. City fans would just shrug. Which is a bit sad, but its far easier to handle than a brigade of so-called "reds" down here who've never been within a hundred miles of Anfield giving it the biggun. That 'Brighton Kop' has got a LOT to answer for, and I'd begrudge them every ounce of their faux-joy.

You don’t like Liverpool do you? :D

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Fair play to them. They want to win it. I hope they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing wrong with what they did, just a shame their keeper never lost his footing at a crucial time during the 2nd half

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would be happy to see Liverpool NOT win the title.
I really don't like them, goes back to primary school days in the middle of Brighton when almost all the boys in my class ' supported ' ??? Liverpool.
If they do win I can just imagine every city, town and village in the south will have Liverpool ' fans ' wandering around that day and the next in their replica shirts. The sort of 'fans' that have never been to Liverpool let alone a match there, but slag off their local club.

Yes I really don't like them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh god no. I'm sorry, but there are just too many gobby plastic bindippers in this territory, not to mention the oceans of overly mawkish sentimental scousers and unbearable media narrative that would cream themselves over a Liverpool title win. FFS, they only have to play Sturm Graz under the lights at Anfield in a preliminary Europa League nobody-gives-a-shit Thursday night BOREFEST for every broadcaster, redtop and broadsheet to declare it some kind of Legendary Anfield Event (c).

Everyone in the country who does NOT "support" Liverpool has got it dead right. They would be unbearable. City fans would just shrug. Which is a bit sad, but its far easier to handle than a brigade of so-called "reds" down here who've never been within a hundred miles of Anfield giving it the biggun. That 'Brighton Kop' has got a LOT to answer for, and I'd begrudge them every ounce of their faux-joy.

Hilarious post. But I know proper reds from Liverpool and I'll be happy for them if they win. I have no time for faux anything so I know where you're coming from, though. One good thing about Citeh is they are too 'new' to have too many gobby plastic fans so, yes, its not so bad when they win the league. As for Arsenal, Chelski and especially ManUre, I enjoy every point they drop.

Back to the original post, sweeping half the pitch was infantile. Dropping 2 points serves them right. Leicester have some very good players.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Don’t know what everyone’s moaning about, when I used to play football at Ruckinge the home captain always picked the goal to defend that was covered in sheep shit, so I had to roll around in that for 45 minutes. I never did understand why the sheep only did their business at one end of the pitch though! :flounce:

He he he

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I want Liverpool to win the title. My 10 year old daughter, who has significant anger control problems, is a Liverpool fan (don't ask) and if they don't win i fear for my house, and my sanity. It was bad enough last night.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And to think Liverpool complained when West Brom didn't water their pitch ahead of the game against Liverpool last season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Totally disagree with you.

It would be rammed down our throats by the press in a way it would not be with any other club. Hillsborough would be constantly brought up along with loads of scousers crying as their beloved club won the title for the first time in 30 years.

The press still give them a really easy time as a result of Hillsborough (Heysel anyone?) and this would just give them another excuse to right a wrong that happened 30 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what? That's a genuine question, rather than me being flippant.

Sure, the press will probably make quite a big thing of it, but that's probably because it IS a big thing. Big club that was dominant ages ago FINALLY wins the big domestic prize. Not got a problem with that angle being taken.

There are ways of avoiding it being 'rammed down our throats by the press, if you're that put out by it. Don't read the articles, don't click on the links, change the channel – whatever it takes...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

The thing I find odd with Liverpool supporters is that they expect the rest of football to 'respect' them more than other clubs due to them winning the league a few times 30/40 years ago.

I've got a mate, who is a genuinely lovely bloke, who gets proper narky when I make any sort of joke about his team.

"Show some respect mate and learn your history'.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
The ground staff got it all wrong.....
They were supposed to push all the snow INTO the Leicester half!
Anyway, it was a bit cheeky and to be fair to Leicester they were pretty decent.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Poor guy, nothing better to do?
Just imagine if all those scousers were always talking about BHA would you mind?
Just imagine if you were really upset about something!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Same here. I have been to Liverpool many times and always found the fans a decent and welcoming bunch. I also know a number of Scousers and they’re lovely people.

I really like Liverpool fans (and Liverpool the city) and also really don't want Liverpool FC to win the league. It would make me laugh.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that when the sprinklers are turned on they must be equal all over the pitch and not to any teams advantage.
On that basis surely removing the snow from one end must contravene some law within the FA somewhere?
Then I got bored and checked the laws. Nothing. Articles about sprinklers being used on certain wings but that is to the advantage of both teams. Still not sure.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't get the anti-Liverpool abuse from many on here. The atmosphere at Anfield is much better than the other "big" teams, especially the two Manchester clubs and compared to City they have so many more proper fans than all the glory tourists at City who were not there when they were shit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No different to a part of the pitch being icy from the shadow of a stand whilst the rest of it is thawed, different pitch conditions / sections do happen.
It is different, because the shadow is natural, each side has an equal chance with the toss of the coin, and the pitch is unlikely to change on one half drastically between halves. Having just one half of the pitch cleared by groundsmen at half time is just cheating, and shouldn't be allowed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Same here. I have been to Liverpool many times and always found the fans a decent and welcoming bunch. I also know a number of Scousers and they’re lovely people.

If - as an outsider - I lived in Liverpool and had a bunch of friends who supported one of the 2 local clubs, I wouldn't begrudge them at all, but as it is I can't stand them. You see it's not the real scousers I have a problem with, it's their legions of armchairs all over the south of England who all justify supporting Liverpool because they did as a kid (when they were winning everything), as if that's some sort of defence. Yeah but some of us grew out of glory hunting by the time they were 11 and some of us never actually did in the first place. And these people always consider themselves football fans but know absolutely nothing outside the comings and goings of the big six.

On balance, I hope Liverpool fck it up. Ideally City for me, but I'd even be happy if Spurs won it if it meant Liverpool didn't.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't get the anti-Liverpool abuse from many on here. The atmosphere at Anfield is much better than the other "big" teams, especially the two Manchester clubs and compared to City they have so many more proper fans than all the glory tourists at City who were not there when they were shit.

To be fair, City have always had pretty good crowds, even when they were shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here