Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] the day before the referendum .............

'Let's just sit back and let democracy take its course'.

Almost as infamous as his '7 points ahead' statement :lol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Unity is gone. It will take generations to fix this rift. And the country should never ever forget what the Tories have done to the United Kingdom and it’s citizens.

This in absolute spades. The Tories completely own this farce. They called the referendum, their voters voted for it, their leadership (including the brexiteer cheerleaders who were initially handed the reigns) have fouled up the negotiations and their PM has treated parliament with contempt.

When the government is reduced to whipping a vote AGAINST itself all authority is lost. Not fit to govern.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
. I think Reman would lose again though.

So let's assume you're right ( for once :wink: ). What exactly would a second referendum achieve then ? Obviously other than sending remianers into yet another batshit rage.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So let's assume you're right ( for once :wink: ). What exactly would a second referendum achieve then ? Obviously other than sending remianers into yet another batshit rage.

There may be a chance we’d win. You been on stupid pills today? You’re not normally quite as daft as this.

Whatever the result , we cannot allow the Tory party any more chances at getting it right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] the day before the referendum .............

'Let's just sit back and let democracy take its course'.

I was just about to congratulate you on a coherent and correctly spelled post.....then realised you’d quoted me.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think remain would lose a second referendum. But whatever the outcome of all of this, the U.K. is dead in the water. Very few want to know and those that do are just trying to pick over the trade bones of a dead beast. The voters ignorance and the Tory greed has sunk us.

It's the reputational and diplomatic damage this has done to us. I'm now of the opinion it's irreparable. Any 'deal' with The UK, never mind a free trade one, isn't going to be worth the paper it's written on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was just about to congratulate you on a coherent and correctly spelled post.....then realised you’d quoted me.

Half their problem is they don’t allow for the capacity for intelligent people to adapt and change opinion as new facts and events emerge and occur. Which is why a lot of the more hardcore would still vote leave, despite all the evidence we now have that it’s a disaster.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is this feeling of being trapped in a time wasting, embarrassing and expensive mistake how leavers felt about being in the EU? If it is I can understand the vote to Leave.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There may be a chance we’d win. You been on stupid pills today? You’re not normally quite as daft as this.

Whatever the result , we cannot allow the Tory party any more chances at getting it right.

You obviously failed to read the first part of my post !!!!

I agree with your final sentence ...... just not sure who would follow through a second leave win successfully though.

You're coming across as very agressive and grumpy today Clampy, bad night at work ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He’s unbelievable. He did a similar with me and my industry. I don’t know it all, but I felt I offered a knowledgable piece based on fact and 25 years first hand experience. But he knew better, and when he realised he didn’t flounced off and started o use insults.

it's knowledgeable ........ just saying :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You obviously failed to read the first part of my post !!!!

I agree with your final sentence ...... just not sure who would follow through a second leave win successfully though.

You're coming across as very agressive and grumpy today Clampy, bad night at work ?

Aggressive? Grumpy? Not a bit of it and you should know that those old baiting tactics don’t work on me, West. You know better than that.
Nice night as it goes, came off nights yesterday morn and now got two weeks off work. And with my four on four off pattern I only need to use 6 days leave to get 14 days off in a row. Plan it right and every other month I only work for 2 weeks and still have plenty of holiday left over. Plus it’s payday. I’m feeling alright my man, alright indeed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Probably best, you won't learn anything about Brexit.

This is the Tories mess and mainly the fault of Tory leavers voting against leaving.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

:lolol:

Let's be clear. What we've had is:

1) Boris Johnson - when Mayor of London fiercly in favour of both closer ties with the EU and the single market ("I would vote to stay in the single market," Johnson told Sky News in 2013. "I'm in favour of the single market. I want us to be able to trade freely with our European friends and partners.") - joining Vote Leave and putting a load of bollocks on a bus about the NHS, probably just to further his own political career, which has now seen his lardy backside atttached to a back bench. https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-brexit-speech-changed-his-mind-remain-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

2) A PM who promised the referendum failling to get the result he wanted in it and having to resign forthwith.

3) His replacement - a remain campaigner - left in charge of negotiating something she was against until said PM had to quit.

4) The replacement then calling an opportunist election as she thought Labour were split - only to find her own party even more split and her majority all but destroyed.

5) The destruction of said majority leaving the replacement former remainer no choice but to align with a very small number of Northern Irish extremists - when the key issue to getting Brexit delivered was always going to be the need to maintain the open Irish border as per the Good Friday agreement.

6) So much time being spent on forging this partnership and doing a terrible job of negotiating a Brexit she never believed in that Northern Ireland has not had a proper devolved government for 787 days and counting https://howlonghasnorthernirelandnothadagovernment.com/

7) Eventually coming back with a deal with the EU that was immedaitely obvious would not get past her own back bench or her Northern Irish crutch. Putting the same deal to the house twice (and counting) whilst ruling out a new referendum that would essentially do the same thing. Setting some kind of record for government defeats, the nadir of which was.....

8) A vote on no deal that ended up with a three line whip against, despite it being a government motion. The former remainer voting for a no deal Brexit and STILL losing. Cabinet split three ways.

Apart from that it's all gone swimmingly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can someone explain, should there be another ref/vote/survey blah blah and Leave win again, where would that put these 'we want a second bash' merchants? They'd just find another way to sabotage a democratic process.

All sides are trying to sabotage the democratic process to be fair.

Farage, the arch provocateur of Britain having sovereign supremacy above all else, with no inference from Europe whatsoever.....is currently lobbying in Europe to scupper the will of our sovereign Parliament.

With the best creative mind in the world, you couldn't make this shit up.

Of all people yesterday to make sense, Philip Hammond ended his Spring statement with arguably the most obvious point of the day - why don't we reach out to the rest of the house a reach a consensus deal. That is what democracy is afterall.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here's my analogy. There are 100 people who have are all going to a restaurant together. For some reason the rule is that at whatever restaurant they choose, everyone has to have the same meal. They get outside a restaurant and everyone looks at the menu and 52 people say they are happy with eating at that restaurant. But then they get inside and realise that actually some people voted because for the restaurant because they wanted the chicken, others wanted the steak etc. and actually there's no single option that 50 people were happy with. If they'd have voted outside for which meal they were having at the restaurant, that would be democratic. But getting inside the restaurant and being forced into an option that less than 50% of people want because leaving the restaurant would be an affront to democracy is stupid.

I see, they should have gone for a kebab, right?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
it's knowledgeable ........ just saying :thumbsup:
I can't believe someone who has frequently used "could of" and "would of" on this thread has the NECK to pick up on what is clearly a typo with a missing letter.

Then again, fair play - language and spelling is important. I'm glad you're finally realising this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here