Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I feel a little uncomfortable saying this, but the truth is I am not sure how I feel about this transfer to be honest. I'm dreading another attacking player not being able to transfer their form from the previous season, in another league, into the PL. I suppose unless you are signing a current PL striker then that will always be the worry. We don't seem to have great luck with goal scorers, I can't really think of any who have really done the business for us beyond BZ and GM, and I can't think of any who aren't tall target men.

Still, if this is who we are going for, then I hope it happens and I hope he can hit the ground running in the PL.

Begs the question, where does Potter see him playing? Instead of Locadia makes the most sense, but he has done alright in pre-season and still doesn't tackle the problem of an ageing Murray.
Intriguing, just as the Webster transfer is.

Surely, another attacking player is on his way out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some Brentford gimp on twitter claiming deal fallen through as we couldn't agree personal terms......

If this isn't announced today got to assume it's dead I would imagine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And 4 days ago he tweeted this:

Mark
[MENTION=30745]Bee[/MENTION]sWedgee
·
31 Jul
Maupay signing new contract till 2023 with increased salary.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Begs the question, where does Potter see him playing? Instead of Locadia makes the most sense, but he has done alright in pre-season and still doesn't tackle the problem of an ageing Murray.
Intriguing, just as the Webster transfer is.

Surely, another attacking player is on his way out.

I would have thought Murray, Andone and Maupay all to rotate/compete for the CF position. Locadia looks like he will be used in one of the wide positions of the front three.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
failed medical ....or .... doesn't like wages on offer .... or ..... Brentford don't want to accept our money

probably , maybe , possibly , unlikely , who knows

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And 4 days ago he tweeted this:

Mark
[MENTION=30745]Bee[/MENTION]sWedgee
·
31 Jul
Maupay signing new contract till 2023 with increased salary.
Hopefully he was correct with his initial tweet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Responding to Dingodan.........Peter Ward wasn’t a tall target man.
Seriously. 20 goal a season “guaranteed” strikers in the EPL are almost as rare as hen’s teeth. To survive and thrive you need goals from throughout the side.
The first worry is creating shooting opportunities. Second is being brave enough to try shooting rather than take that one extra pass which failed so often last season. That’s why I especially enjoyed what I saw from Trossard and Locadia in particular in pre-season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Patience children please.
You want the impossible.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Responding to Dingodan.........Peter Ward wasn’t a tall target man.
Seriously. 20 goal a season “guaranteed” strikers in the EPL are almost as rare as hen’s teeth. To survive and thrive you need goals from throughout the side.
The first worry is creating shooting opportunities. Second is being brave enough to try shooting rather than take that one extra pass which failed so often last season. That’s why I especially enjoyed what I saw from Trossard and Locadia in particular in pre-season

You will fail to score from 100% of the shots that you don't take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here