Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Those pesky little number tens and inside forwards crammed in the better teams squads are going to LOVE moving our big boys around at the back. Enjoy the feast!

Maybe Mr Potter will have the nous to play a system according to the strengths of the opposition.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Very impressed by big burn and Locadia!

This. Trossard too.

Propper probably the worst of our players.

Their No 10, Jutkiewicz looks like a handful. 30 yrs old. English. Do a job?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Locadia looks liberated. The left line looks good not sure about the right side with Montoya and Duffy. Refreshing to have Trossard/Locadia in support of Murray. Stephens/Potter ok. We’ll take some pastings with this formation but should bag goals for points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am sure there are some NSCers willing us to fail so that they won’t be proved wrong in their close season negativity

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This. Trossard too.

Propper probably the worst of our players.

Their No 10, Jutkiewicz looks like a handful. 30 yrs old. English. Do a job?

That guy.
Every time I've seen him, every single time, he's looked great. Can't believe he never really played at a higher level.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Players popping up in unexpected positions... elements of totaalvoetbal.
More ideas going forward. Defensive frailties.
Premwise, Potterball will be interesting. Maybe too interesting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sluggish? Quick one two’s around the box what game You watching?

Yes but I also see Brum coming into the game minute by minute. We have played reasonably well but we are playing against a pretty poor and static side. WE should look better than Birmingham, no disrespect to them but they look poor against US atm but are gradually gaining momentum......if we carry on like we did in the first 20 minutes for the second half it will be a very successful workout, if they come back into it.......well work in progress isn't it!
Promising though isn't it at half time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can maybe also see why Knocky was let go as although he technically gifted enough to get involved in this swift interplay, he may be a little bit too selfish for Potter's liking. Guess we'll never know but there may be something in this theory.

Trossard looks like a team player. knockaert rarely did.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Locadia looks liberated. The left line looks good not sure about the right side with Montoya and Duffy. Refreshing to have Trossard/Locadia in support of Murray. Stephens/Potter ok. We’ll take some pastings with this formation but should bag goals for points.

What's interesting is the way Murray is dropping back, so when we counter Trossard is the furthest forwards. Last season having Murray as the first man was a real hindrance in terms of attacking quickly, so this is very astute from Potter.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a dunce he is.

The bit about there not being much of a crowd, as all the workers from the Birmingham car factory are away on holiday, was up there with the stupidest commentary words ever uttered.

He's just said that our home kit would clash with the Brighton kit. It's actually quite funny how crap he is!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I didn't mean he looked good compared to Birmingham's players. I mean he looks a lot better than many players who helped us to finish 17th in the Premier League.

I fancy Knocky would have looked as good against a team that have Gary Gardner first choice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a dunce he is.

The bit about there not being much of a crowd, as all the workers from the Birmingham car factory are away on holiday, was up there with the stupidest commentary words ever uttered.

How is that as traditionally the car factories and allied businesses closed for 2 weeks when the children broke up from school. The workers are forced to take their holidays then hence this weekend being classed as the busiest travel get away weekend of the year. So he is perfectly correct.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clearly came off the Blues player.
Usually I think I'd be hopeless as a ref, as it looks like such a tough job, but then you see decisions like that and think you couldn't do any worse than them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here