Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The mood of this thread.

bigstock-Depressed-young-businessman-si-56652692.jpg

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The manager, the players and the fans expected us to lose this and we showed no inclination to try and win it so a Chelsea team on the back of some poor performances were playing a team that was beaten before a ball was kicked. Some stoic first half defending but with CH’s ingrained defensive tactics we were beaten as soon as they scored. Chelsea played themselves back into form against a team who offered absolutely nothing apart from organised defence.
My chelsea friends disagree.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well played lads....a whopping 25% better result than last year. That's progress.

:lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If he sets the team up like this at Wembley with no points to worry about he can **** off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
It's so easy in hindsight to say we should set up to take more risk, but the truth is no-one outside of the top four has successfully bridged the gulf in class by doing that. Even then it's only Man City who are consistent. Spineless? Our boys are not spineless. Gulf in class between us and the top 6? is that news? The gulf in the PL is growing bigger.

Not sure what can be done on Saturday give Man City gave their starting team a rest tonight, but the upside is they did us a favour.

Hopefully better results against Bournemouth and Newcastle will settle the nerves and settle us in a finish in the same place as we did last season...which if asked in August we would have absolutely taken.

The gulf widened when teams started sitting back against the big teams.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, Saturday - when goal difference in irrelevant.

Do we set up to meekly lose 3 or 4 nil or will we try something different. Like Swansea in the last round who had a right go at them.

I fear I know the answer.

ManC were always going to breeze past Brighton, a £850m squad and all that.

Simply need to find fight and adventure to beat Cardiff and one other now in the PL.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The manager, the players and the fans expected us to lose this and we showed no inclination to try and win it so a Chelsea team on the back of some poor performances were playing a team that was beaten before a ball was kicked. Some stoic first half defending but with CH’s ingrained defensive tactics we were beaten as soon as they scored. Chelsea played themselves back into form against a team who offered absolutely nothing apart from organised defence.

To think I was stupid enough to think we were doing OK at halftime :rolleyes:

Hard to disagree

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To whoever said have we played well other than palace...

Beating Man United
Narrowly losing at Liverpool
Drawing with Arsenal
Win away at Bournemouth in the cup

Indeed. Chelsea are our bogey team. They always get the decisions and bring the world class goals to the game. **** em. It's all about Wembley now!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So, Saturday - when goal difference in irrelevant.

Do we set up to meekly lose 3 or 4 nil or will we try something different. Like Swansea in the last round who had a right go at them.

I fear I know the answer.

No way we'll do what Swansea did, not a chance in hell unfortunately

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's so easy in hindsight to say we should set up to take more risk, but the truth is no-one outside of the top four has successfully bridged the gulf in class by doing that. Even then it's only Man City who are consistent. Spineless? Our boys are not spineless. Gulf in class between us and the top 6? Is that really new news? The gulf in the PL is growing bigger.

Not sure what can be done on Saturday given Man City gave their starting team a rest tonight, but the upside is they did us a favour tonight.

Hopefully better results against Bournemouth and Newcastle will settle the nerves and settle us in a finish in the same place as we did last season...which if asked in August we would have absolutely taken.

Wolves, Bmuff, Leicester, Palace and Watford have often taken the game to the top 6 and won. CP won at the Etihad.

STAT OF THE DAY TO HIGHLIGHT THE GULF IN CLASS
14 points separate 6th place Manu from 7th place Wolves
14 points separate 7the place Wolves from 17th place Burnley...(and us & southampton of course)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
In all honesty it was more about by how many rather than if we lost tonight.

Improved effort from Saturday , less of the slow predictable passing across the back line but thats probably only because we did not have the ball enough for it. We are still slow in the mind & have no idea what to do when encamped on our penalty box line other than a hoof up & long hoping someone is where the ball goes and can control it , hold it and wait for someone else to help out which does not happen even if they do hold it for a few seconds.

I know it was Chelsea a multi hundred million pound squad & a top 6 club but that just proves we are not good enough on a consistent basis to compete & although I can not criticise the overall tactic we dont have the gumption to carry it out for a draw or win because we are reliant of having a 0-0 scoreline for as long as possible which in most cases has been not even to half time.

As for Izzy wizzy lets make him invisible then I know CH knows more detail than me but if March was injured then in my opinion Izzy would have been much better as a sub than Knocky who IMHO is not good enough for a winger as he does not defend well enough & should be in the no.10 role if on the pitch so at least he does not have defenders relying on him solely as back up.

OK enough said , overall better but was never going to be good enough & Saturday will probably be an exact replay just on a bigger stage.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The gulf widened when teams started sitting back against the big teams.

That's not correct. That's a tactical response to an ever increasing gap in capital available and investment in player stock...that is the gulf, the sitting back is the response to how you mitigate getting torn apart by an A and B team of class that outweighs your best 11.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
look at the Palace stats 1% more possession 0 shots on goal,, not too different to us except we had a shot on goal and Cardiff are loosing... oh and chelsea 4 shots on target Spurs 8 lets just the season over and then we can think about what needs changing. First half we were flying not sure what changed , maybe injuries

Palace are safe. Their results are absolutely irrelevant, and will hand 3 points to Cardiff at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nothing's changed tonight and we've got a game in hand.

Screenshot_2019-04-03 Tables - Football - BBC Sport.png

Incidentally, how come Fulham have played 33? Is it because they are shitter than shit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here