Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nightmare drive from Lewis since he broke his front wing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Maybe Bernie was right?Watering the track leads to very entertaining races!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
sounds as if this one was exciting......most have been a boring procession.

The last three have been great races, the only really dull race has been the French GP

Cracking F1 season

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
F1 is generally dull compared compared to most motorsport, but today combined everything from The. sublime to the ridiculous. Rather entertaining I thought.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So much going on with tyre choices proving pivotal at many times during the race. Vettel probably had the drive of the day with the least amount of mistakes

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Caught up with highlights this morning- great race. That Hamilton pitstop was carnage- someone needs to dub the Benny Hill music over the footage of that, proper headless chickens. Exactly what I would be like at every pitstop if I was involved!!

Still reserving judgement on what happens with Bottas, I mean if they just want a number 2 he is a pretty solid option. Going for Ocon would show a bit more optimism and also a recognition that Mercedes will eventually need to prepare for Hamilton's departure- either to another team or retirement.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Caught up with highlights this morning- great race. That Hamilton pitstop was carnage- someone needs to dub the Benny Hill music over the footage of that, proper headless chickens. Exactly what I would be like at every pitstop if I was involved!!

Still reserving judgement on what happens with Bottas, I mean if they just want a number 2 he is a pretty solid option. Going for Ocon would show a bit more optimism and also a recognition that Mercedes will eventually need to prepare for Hamilton's departure- either to another team or retirement.

The talk of Verstappen joining Mercedes is likely to cause a rivalry that would end in tears most races imo. Bottas without having to keep up with Lewis would be a world champ in the Mercedes. Madness by Mercedes if they sign Verstappen to partner Lewis but oh what fun for us fans :thumbsup:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
The talk of Verstappen joining Mercedes is likely to cause a rivalry that would end in tears most races imo. Bottas without having to keep up with Lewis would be a world champ in the Mercedes. Madness by Mercedes if they sign Verstappen to partner Lewis but oh what fun for us fans [emoji106]
Just don't see it happening

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cracking race that was but some odd stuff going on too;
Bonkers decision by Mercedes to bring in Hamilton for dry tyres at the same time as anyone else who'd gone on to them was spinning off.
Random stewards decisions...since when was unsafe release just a fine...and yes LH went the wrong side of the bollard but what else was he supposed to do after crashing.
Dutch fans going crazy and cheering the Hamilton pit stop and Bottas crash just came over as them being a right bunch of c***s.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Dutch fans going crazy and cheering the Hamilton pit stop and Bottas crash just came over as them being a right bunch of c***s.

Happens at Silverstone when something goes wrong for Vettel/Ferrari.

Was the biggest cheer a couple of years back when both Ferrari's had punctures.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Happens at Silverstone when something goes wrong for Vettel/Ferrari.

Was the biggest cheer a couple of years back when both Ferrari's had punctures.

I was in the crowd at Silverstone that cheered Schumacher going in the wall and breaking his leg. We didn't know that at the time obviously but he got the full treatment when he went off.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Well done George Russell and Williams for finally getting the bag of parts together to something resembling a car! Looking forward to seeing if continues into the race

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here