Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mike Dean performance

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just be grateful that Huddersfield got in our box so rarely that he didn't get a decent chance to give them a dodgy penalty!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You just know that he's saving his 100th red card for a 'big' TV game.....and then he'll buy all of the papers and cut out the reports... and then he'll put them in his scrap book and meticulously highlight his name with his 'special pen'.... and then he will stare at it ....and **********.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can't believe we're not allowed to type ********** on here.

Ok

....and ****

scooter1

How soon is now?
As has probably been stated here many times, he got both penalty claims very wrong and I suspect he’ll be showed this as part of his match review. I don’t want to believe it’s personal as he’s supposed to be a professional, but he made some mistakes today and may get a couple of weeks off

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I have no doubt in my mind if the same offences had been made against a Man Utd Man City or Liverpool player at least one of them would have been awarded , and slightly shocked if not both , there's something about him as a referee that just doesn't sit right with me , i'm not saying he cheats on purpose i just think he uses his position of trust in a unprofessional way , i think he will be one of the supposed top Referees found out pretty quickly next season by the introduction of VAR .

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Missed two blatant penalties for us. Booked Murray for nothing. Didn't book Durm for a blatant professional foul early on.

So he did better than I expected.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched the pen decisions on MOTD. For the first, Andone was rugby tackled with no attempt to get the ball by the defender, yet the commentator said “barely a touch”. Pathetic, how did he get the gig?

In fairness to Shearer, he said it should’ve been a pen.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With the benefit of complete match coverage here, I can offer the opinion that the Complete etc is just inconsistent. Got a couple of very difficult calls correct when the commentators were calling different (benefit of replays). He also missed definite fouls which could have been pens for us. Should be in the Championship as he is just too inconsistent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s a penalty, as obvious as when I first saw it. Along with the handball v Burnley, are the lights on the West stand too bright for linos to give penalties at the north end?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So Huddersfield were using the disgusting and cheating tactic of going down to waste time and take the pressure off in dangerous situations. I counted at least 6 incidents of this, only Hogg seemed genuinely injured.

This tactic got me enraged, but what could Dean have done about it?

Anyway, beside that, the **** missed two penalties for us so another expected performance by him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here