Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Worst Ever Food You’ve Eaten At The Amex

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Honestly can't say I've had some shocking food, but it's normally the case of them running out.

Living 1000+ miles away I don't get to as many games as I'd like but it seems like when I do go it always seems to be someone's first day and they're getting till trained - on a match day. I totally understand why they might have high staff turnover there but why train someone on a f***ing match day rather than the day before?

It isn't even the main concourse where I saw the biggest issues. I got given 1901 tickets and the bar was a total disaster. Again, their first day and didn't know how to use the till, no food left whatsoever and was only halftime and took best part of 20 minutes to get a drink with only a few people waiting to be served. Total mess.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
certainly the worst was what was described as a "hotdog" undoubtedly the worst thing I have ever had there, second worst was a sausage meat piglets pantry pie which I had the misfortune to purchase on a seagulls travel coach trip to the city road ground for the memorable Leo header CMS cross (what a day) the best was undoubtedly the chili pie consumed during the beam back in Dicks of the 3-0 loss against those who will not be named ? but what a pie, sadly I would rather have had another inedible hotdog and a better result ????

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The burgers after they stopped using proper burger buns and stopped bothering with any tomato & lettuce, giving you a revolting cardboard roll and tasteless burger.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mild irritant is that I can never find any salt at the Amex. Not in the WSU anyway.

Do they do salt ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All food poor, compared to what was on offer at 2 German games I went to last season

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Once had a burger in WSU that was luke warm at best, went back and said I wanted a warm one, next one was colder, went back again. Made them call manager to check temperature as I ate my third alternative (a pie), manager arrived, thermometer stuck in a couple or burgers then all burgers removed from sale - they basically failed to follow heated food regs. Love to see how club would have explained poisoning 100 odd fans - never eaten a burger inside ground since.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The Hot-Chocolate tastes like water that's the only complaint I have with the food and drinks.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
certainly the worst was what was described as a "hotdog" undoubtedly the worst thing I have ever had there, second worst was a sausage meat piglets pantry pie which I had the misfortune to purchase on a seagulls travel coach trip to the city road ground for the memorable Leo header CMS cross (what a day) the best was undoubtedly the chili pie consumed during the beam back in Dicks of the 3-0 loss against those who will not be named ? but what a pie, sadly I would rather have had another inedible hotdog and a better result ????

Oh yeah forgot about the Hotdog, just stale dry bread with one of those boiled sausages in I had that with the hot chocolate that has 1% hot chocolate powder in it. The food is terrible overall the prices are way too high and the idiots often serve go at about 1mph and can't pull a pint to save their life.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
There was a veggie sausage roll at the England women's game but I didn't know about it until I got home. Hopefully it went down well, so it's available next season.

The cheesy chips outside used to be ok but are now disgusting - wet, tasteless, chewy cheese.

Mrs J had one, they said it was vegan, she enjoyed it and said it was better than the vegan rolls in some cafes.

It struck me that the north stand had far better food choice than WSU, I have given up with most of the offerings in WSU partly due to queues but my lad likes the burgers. Moving next season so will see if WSL is better for queues etc

To answer the OP’s question it was a fish finger sandwich thingy, bread was dried out and the fish fingers had shrunk to just chewy greasy breadcrumbs, truly revolting. Didn’t find this out ‘til II got back to my seat and couldn’t be arsed to go and complain, put me off spending money there and if it wasn’t for my lad I would definitely stop altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here