Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
For the record, Chris is and will ALWAYS be a legend. I don’t want him sacked!!! I just think this summer would be the perfect time to stand down and say thanks for everything. Tony won’t let this club rot like we’ve seen before and I’d like to see him shake hands
With the Hughton and say thank you for everything you’ve done for this football club.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would love to know how the transfer system works at Albion. Locadia, Jahanbakhsh & Izquierdo (£50 million + between them?), just aren't 'CH players' and clearly don't fit our system. So how/why were they signed? Did Hughton think he could get them to adapt, or is he being given the wrong tools for the job by the recruitment team?

Not lumping Izquierdo in with the 'flops', he did ok at times last season, but he still doesn't fit the way we play.

I'm not committing either way on whether I think he should stay or leave, but I couldn't name you a single viable alternative.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We are lame when we play anybody at the moment-it's not just Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

True , but of all the big clubs I find we are most pathetic against Chelsea. The games tend to have a testimonial feel.

D

Deleted member 2719

Posters wanting someone to take us to the next level don't seem to realise we are at the next level and CH took us there. This is as good as it gets, just enjoy it!
If you don't like it you know where the door is.

I think most are saying the football is uninspiring, dull, boring and predictable.

The thing is we spent more and up to date we are behind last season points, where is the progress?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Tottenham have got a nice new stadium. They'd have plenty of room for you.

Either that or perhaps you could stump up the readies to do what you seem to want to do.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chelsea were superb tonight. Clubs at the level of Brighton can't live with those teams when they turn up and play like that. I think almost every Brighton player put in a decent performance. Knockeart was a bit out of sorts and much as I think he has wonderful individual skills. The defenders he comes up against now just have more overall strength and awareness than he does

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1.There's no shame in losing to Chelsea and all 3 goals tonight were quality finishes.
2. If we beat City Hughton's a legend.
3. If we sack Hughton we become a laughing stock.

Outside of Sussex, few have expected us to be 15th in the table and we have a great opportunity to finish higher.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Warren Aspinall thinks we were excellent first half.

And I’d agree with him but we then just went into damage limitation. Just about acceptable imo given our position, although it was grim watching in the second half.

So I have a question

If we go out with as little intent as we showed tonight for the semi final will it sow/confirm doubts that you might have about CH being the man to take us forward?

Surely we cannot just go out hoping to nick a goal by sitting back again? It doesn’t work against the top teams as has been proved time and time again since we got promoted but goal difference is irrelevant on Saturday and we need to CHANGE tactics.

Even if we get absolutley thrashed imo. If we play like we did tonight I will have serious doubts about CH personally. We need to see some variation in the tactics to restore my faith.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder if there were similar threads on the Newcastle and Norwich forums when they got rid of him... and shat happened to them????

Freudian slip?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
All hailing Hughton as an untouchable legend but where is the progression from last season? Equally as bad away from home, worse at home. Still go into an away game against a top 15 side expecting to lose ‘to nil’.
Not a great position to be in at nearly the end of the 2nd season is it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyway, you've kinda proved the point of asking the question by saying people were suggesting Sherwood or Clements. At least they had a NAME. So many people, when asked, don't.

It is the most logical counter argument. If there is noone better to replace him with then why ask for him to stand down?

Neither of those names became the manager though. Instead we got someone who wasn't suggested by anyone and it turned out to work out really well. Unless we have the current best manager in football, there will always be someone better. Getting them might be the difficulty bit, and if, as an example, someone does suggest an alternative the response then becomes why you think that manager isn't good enough.

Sometimes the right manager with the right team can create magic. For all we know, put Mark Hughes in charge of us, and it could be that magic that sees us replicate Leicester's shock premier league win. But you wouldn't accept that (I wouldn't!). We'd assume it would be just like he was with Stoke and Southampton and dull football that points toward relegation.

It's a lazy counter argument that usually relies on writing off any suggestion without any evidence of what they can do with our squad, in our set up.

But again - I think we should stick with hughton, as others have pointed out, we're not relegated, he has taken us from championship strugglers to premier league strugglers (who have a good record of staying out of the bottom three while still establishing ourselves in this division).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That’s all we will ever be able to expect from CH
It will give one season and we will be relegated
I’m not to concerned about tonight’s result it was
expected I guess
If we keep on with these tactics we won’t get much more this season
We will struggle against Bmuff,Cardiff and Toon

I fully expect relegation at some point, don't you? How many teams stay in the Premier League for a long, continuous period of time? Eight, max?

I've said it before, but we are pretty much exactly where I expected us to be. It's the second season EVER in the Premier League – the most competitive league in the world where the Albion are way down the list of spenders. As far as I can remember, we haven't spent many weeks in the relegation zone and, up until relatively recently the home form has been excellent. Yes, of course it'll be a struggle against other teams in the bottom half of the league as they are fighting for survival too.

It seems a long time since the majority thought that, even if relegated, Chris was the right man to try for promotion again...

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Ah shut up the lot of ya.

We are in the premier league and a semi final of the FA Cup in less than 72 hours time. This is dreamland if you’ve followed the Albion for any longer than 9 years - arguably less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here