Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Which to me, justifies a second referendum - both for leavers and remainers. But the leavers still shout about this destroying democracy as we know it.

Problem with 2nd ref, is its clear there are still criminals are large that were involved in the June 2016 and with patchy evidence they can just carry on with their activities. No names mentioned...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unless people really research the costs of the EU, understand the duplication to meet political pettiness and consider the implications of a non audited organisation I think it's hard to make a firm decision. That said I think an EU better run would be a good thing but that'll never happen.

The EU finances are audited.

Btw David Cameron turned down EU money a few years ago when the Somerset levels and other areas were badly flooded. He knew if he accepted it the public perception of the EU would be kinder.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The BBC's Europe Editor Katya Adler says that the view in Brussels is that a no-deal Brexit is now even more likely.

It is a "hardening mood," she says.

She adds that the EU does not want the UK to leave without a deal, but it is not prepared to give further concessions.

"With only 17 days left to 29 March, today's vote has significantly increased the likelihood of a 'no-deal' Brexit. We will continue our no-deal preparations and ensure that we will be ready if such a scenario arises. - Donald Tusk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEwBrJzhlg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How does it adversely affect the EU? How are they going to suffer from us leaving without a withdrawal agreement?
Seriously? We import hundred of billions worth from the EU. That would be affected, therefore affecting their economies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously? We import hundred of billions worth from the EU. That would be affected, therefore affecting their economies.

They still have 26 other countries, plus their trade agreements around the world, ie Australia, Japan, Canada etc to trade with.
Our imports will be zero rated according to the government, so loads can come in, but we will become massively expensive to buy from so our exports will tank.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They still have 26 other countries, plus their trade agreements around the world, ie Australia, Japan, Canada etc to trade with.
Our imports will be zero rated according to the government, so loads can come in, but we will become massively expensive to buy from so our exports will tank.

Nowhere near all of these 26 countries are offering too much in that area.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh here we go again - The EU need us more than we need them/It's all Johnny Foreigner's fault. . :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I woke up this morning with the radio interviewing some tw@t saying the we would be alright "cause there lots of rabbits and we can grow vegetables in the garden"

So I decided that the radio will be off and streaming a play list while I work from home, will help my sanity
With wonderful co-incidence the UK 'Hungry Gap' is April, May and June.

Perfect timing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Which to me, justifies a second referendum - both for leavers and remainers. But the leavers still shout about this destroying democracy as we know it.

Why bother claiming to seek 'justification' when you hoped for a second referendum less than 36 hours after the first one when there was zero justification other than wishing Remain had won and Leave had lost, you then sneer at Brexiteers that might 'shout about destroying democracy' some time later ........ what would you call it ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

The new tariff regime would mark a shift in favour of products from non-EU countries.

It would mean 82% of imports from the EU would be tariff-free, down from 100% now.

92% percent of imports from the rest of the world would pay no border duty, up from 56%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47551266

Ireland’s European affairs minister, Helen McEntee, said the prospect of tariffs on beef and dairy exports to the UK from the republic would be “absolutely disastrous for Irish agriculture”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...imports-cut-to-zero-in-temporary-no-deal-plan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here