Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Your favourite pub or bar.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The Black Rabbit in Arundel is in a great location but one of the worst run pubs in the town. Full of tourists, glasses and plates everywhere, poor ale and you wait ages for food, other than that it's ok!

The Bridge Inn, Houghton Bridge
The Horseguard's, Tillington
The King's Arms, Arundel (you can eat your own takeaway food in there and they'll even give you a plate, knife & fork!)
The Crown & Anchor at Dell Quay

I agree with your assessment of The Black Rabbit, but would suggest the Crown and Anchor also suffers a bit from being in such a busy/tourist trap location

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
attachment.php

Where is this pub? :whistle: :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Black Rabitt closing Monday, after Mothers Day bookings serviced on Sunday.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I love great views, history and an open fire in my pubs.These are my little gems... enjoy fellow NSCers

The Albany, Thames Ditton. Over looks Hampton Court and is right on the Thames.
albany.JPG

The King William IV, Mickeham. Situated on the edge of Boxhill with lovely views over Norbury Park. Inside is an oldie pub with an open fire.
kingwilly.JPG

Ye Olde Swan, Thames Ditton. Set right on the river, this is a lovely summer pub however inside has so much history and character. 3 open fires one of which is in a Tudor room which dates back to 15th and apparently was frequented by Henry the V!!! (being down the road from Hampton Court)
swan.JPG

George and Dragon, Houghton. Lovely and cosy inside and lovely views from the garden.
george.JPG

The Fountain Inn, Ashurst. The setting for Paul McCartneys 'Wonderful Christmas Time'. Lovely Garden and Oldy and cosy inside.
fountain.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love great views, history and an open fire in my pubs.These are my little gems... enjoy fellow NSCers

The Albany, Thames Ditton. Over looks Hampton Court and is right on the Thames.
View attachment 121277

The King William IV, Mickeham. Situated on the edge of Boxhill with lovely views over Norbury Park. Inside is an oldie pub with an open fire.
View attachment 121278

Ye Olde Swan, Thames Ditton. Set right on the river, this is a lovely summer pub however inside has so much history and character. 3 open fires one of which is in a Tudor room which dates back to 15th and apparently was frequented by Henry the V!!! (being down the road from Hampton Court)
View attachment 121279

George and Dragon, Houghton. Lovely and cosy inside and lovely views from the garden.
View attachment 121280

The Fountain Inn, Ashurst. The setting for Paul McCartneys 'Wonderful Christmas Time'. Lovely Garden and Oldy and cosy inside.
View attachment 121281

Lovely choices.
Used to spend many a summers afternoon outside at The Albany.
Been to all the others a few times too.
Great pubs.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My old local on a Saturday from midday was packed full of like minded idiot Rockabilly & Psychobilly freaks, we would totter off to Dingwalls mid afternoon for a few hours then back to the Elephants for more beers before heading off to wherever a band was playing locally.
Sundays was skinhead day mainly, when you could here great Trojan Ska and Rock Steady, great pub and great times.

A friend wrote this, included is my friend Cyril who moved to Japan, and several others and pictures of friends, nice article.
God I miss them days, we ruled Camden and the Brit pop boys, were scarred because we were the real rebels and dangerous mob.

great times.

https://razorcake.org/archive-somebody-buy-me-a-drink-graham-russells-bitterness-personified-column/

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 118

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rose and Crown, Perry Wood. Used to have an evil witch landlady, but all is serene there now. Tremedous bit of walking nearby.

Rose and Crown.jpg

My local is appropiately named. A mexican 'taverna' now but well located on the creek. Used to go there three times a week. These days it's once a year at best.

The Albion.jpg

The Shipwrights at the end of Faversham Creek was always a great place to go if you wanted a pub that never shut. The walk home could be a bit challenging though, especially if you decided to follow the creek :facepalm:

shipwrights.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As of today my favourite bar is the one I built in the shed at the bottom of the garden which has not been affected by yesterday's closures

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here