Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thank god the football was on so I didn’t have to watch any more than the first 30 mins.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Still processing the news of Lauda's passing- but Monaco gets underway this morning with FP1.

No idea how the weekend is going to play out- possibly the track will be a bit of a field leveller and we could see someone other than the 2 Mercs on pole / winning the race? I guess a big part of it is which drivers can avoid putting the car into the wall at some point...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still processing the news of Lauda's passing- but Monaco gets underway this morning with FP1.

No idea how the weekend is going to play out- possibly the track will be a bit of a field leveller and we could see someone other than the 2 Mercs on pole / winning the race? I guess a big part of it is which drivers can avoid putting the car into the wall at some point...

Didn’t I hear talk of how the Mercs are quicker in bends and corners than Red Bull or Ferrari this year, so are expected to quite possibly be dominant in Monaco for a change? Monaco is normally a Red Bull circuit isn’t it?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
disappointing from mclaren this morning

hopefully Lando Norris can move up the timesheets this afternoon

Lance Stroll was certainly living up to his name in first practice :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seems the Mercs are dominant at Monaco as well. Hamilton top of both sessions and Bottas 3rd and 2nd. Mercs allegedly a second quicker a lap than Ferrari in race mode. Hope Ferrari and Red Bull up their game soon. This dominance is not good for F1. Come on Max, get in amongst them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seems the Mercs are dominant at Monaco as well. Hamilton top of both sessions and Bottas 3rd and 2nd. Mercs allegedly a second quicker a lap than Ferrari in race mode. Hope Ferrari and Red Bull up their game soon. This dominance is not good for F1. Come on Max, get in amongst them.

This. Although it's great to see a British driver at the very top, F1 is currently in danger of heading back to the boredom snoozefest of the Schumacher @Ferrari days.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Leclerc out in Q1.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Absolute feck up by Le Clerc for missing the weighbridge, then being knocked out by Vettel who went from 16th to 1st. Ferrari being too wrapped up in sorting Vettel after he hit the barrier and had to pit for new tyres?

Why didn’t Ferrari send Le Clerc out again? One seriously pissed off driver throwing things down in the garage after being knocked out.

Ferrari a bit of a shambles at the moment

Monaco may be a boring race but this is a very interesting qualifying

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Absolute feck up by Le Clerc for missing the weighbridge, then being knocked out by Vettel who went from 16th to 1st. Ferrari being too wrapped up in sorting Vettel after he hit the barrier and had to pit for new tyres?

Why didn’t Ferrari send Le Clerc out again? One seriously pissed off driver throwing things down in the garage after being knocked out.

Ferrari a bit of a shambles at the moment

Monaco may be a boring race but this is a very interesting qualifying
He's starting to make a few errors that show why Vettel is their no. 1.

Not that any of the Ferrari team are having a blinder

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's starting to make a few errors that show why Vettel is their no. 1.

Not that any of the Ferrari team are having a blinder

Bottas worrying Hamilton again too, the change in Bottas this season continues to impress

Verstappen quickest in Quali 2, GO Max!

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Great for Hamilton! Only his 2nd pole in Monaco.

Ferrari are getting close to farce levels- it's SO frustrating when a team holds a driver in the pits and watches them drop out of Q1 / Q2. They're ruining what could have been a great season for Leclerc- mind you he's still lucky to be there, as one of only 3 teams with a decent chance of winning anything.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Max V got to be penalised for that release- 10 sec stop go?

Charles screwed his own car there rushing in with a puncture- could have just nursed it in with minimal damage..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here