Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just hope we strengthen.

I think this has been a bad summer for us so far, though accept I seem to be in the minority on NSC.

Agreed that if the window shut today then I’m sure we’d all argue that given the minimal business, the club were taking a big risk given some obvious gaps. (RB, CM, CF). But it doesn’t .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed but that wasn't your original point. Fair enought its tedious pedantry, (debut vs start) so forgive me for being dull.
But you said their "debuts" were "delayed" due to "international duty". They weren't and clearly signing them late in the window - the concern of some on this thread about new signings being too late - didn't actually prevent them from being part of the 18 straight away and Hughton picking them.
Also If you want a good example of a signing being signed late in the window and going into the team successfully within days. - ask Davy Propper.

Didn’t Propper join about 2 days before the start of the season, then look totally and utterly lost in his first game though ? Don’t recall his first game (City at home ?) being anything like successful..........

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Didn’t Propper join about 2 days before the start of the season, then look totally and utterly lost in his first game though ? Don’t recall his first game (City at home ?) being anything like successful..........

Not sure anyone had a good game v Leicester. And it was patchy for most v Watford. And City was backs against the wall. Hard to pick out Propper.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sure anyone had a good game v Leicester. And it was patchy for most v Watford. And City was backs against the wall. Hard to pick out Propper.

It wasn’t hard to pick him out against City - he was truly awful. Couldn’t find a teammate with a 5 yard pass. I remember Warren Aspijallranting after the Leicester game that Propper and Ryan clearly weren’t good enough and should be nowhere near the first team - how things changed very quickly...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It wasn’t hard to pick him out against City - he was truly awful. Couldn’t find a teammate with a 5 yard pass. I remember Warren Aspijallranting after the Leicester game that Propper and Ryan clearly weren’t good enough and should be nowhere near the first team - how things changed very quickly...

Yep, that’s what I was getting at........he soon settled though

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looks like McBurnie is getting closer to a Blades transfer:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9594650/oliver-mcburnie-sheffield-united-swansea-city-18m/

And if Maupay goes to Villa, we’ll be almost out of Championship striker targets!
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/aston-villa-target-neal-maupay-16642223

Shame although were we ever in for them ?

Sounds like billing off to Bournemouth

At least we have a game today to distract us .

Maybe potter will give some clues / hope in his post match interview

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Oh FFS give it a rest. If we don't bring anybody in for the next week, it doesn't mean we're nailed on for relegation. Even if we don't bring in anyone at all, yes, it increases the chances of going down, but it doesn't make it certain. Nothing makes relegation certain except being X points behind the team in 17th. with only Y points available to win. That won't happen until March at the earliest, and unless or until it does, it's not a certainty. Neither you nor I nor anybody else knows how results will go this season.

I said almost certain, not certain. TBH, I’m sick of the ridiculously complacent posters. So, just bringing realism and balance! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
People hoping and/or expecting a number of major signings will be disappointed, it’s simply not going to happen. We may see one and a squad addition but no more. Tony Bloom spent the best part of £50m on four signings that have barely played and he expects to see that investment realised and isn’t going to spend the same again.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
"Tardy recruitment failings". :lolol: Honestly watching people like you and your ilk pissing your pants over this really is very amusing indeed.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

It appears that Lickers like you just can’t see the gaps in our squad and failings in our recruitment. But they are ****ing obvious. Maybe one day you and your like will join us in the real world space cadet?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Both Burnley and Southampton had 3 wins in 21 at the start of last season.

But not 3 in 23 at the end I suspect!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
People hoping and/or expecting a number of major signings will be disappointed, it’s simply not going to happen. We may see one and a squad addition but no more. Tony Bloom spent the best part of £50m on four signings that have barely played and he expects to see that investment realised and isn’t going to spend the same again.

Relegation it is then if that's the case. We were bad enough last season with this team. Not to strengthen them would be madness and bottom 3 nailed on

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Fair enough, it is pedantry, but I should have put ‘full’.

Tilley also made his first team debut at Boro for a minute..... but it’s in the records

Of course being in the 18 and being gradually introduced as was the case in the main for Hughton’s late arrivals, isn’t the same as starting, which seems due to the timing of the signing

Thought Propper was actually poor in his first few games City (though it was City), Leicester and Watford....

Just hope we strengthen.

I think this has been a bad summer for us so far, though accept I seem to be in the minority on NSC.

You are not alone on the poor summer of recruitment so far point...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

He was awful in that first game...

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I'm beginning to think the club is consolidating and does not intend wasting monies. Just hoping Potter can live up to his previous successes...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

So who is our RB if Montoya is injured? Who is going to score 10+ goals if Muzza cannot deliver yet again? We are not at the Withdean in the lower leagues anymore FFS!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Relegation it is then if that's the case. We were bad enough last season with this team. Not to strengthen them would be madness and bottom 3 nailed on

Yes! Kind of agree, relegation almost certain if no incomings.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
So who is our RB if Montoya is injured? Who is going to score 10+ goals if Muzza cannot deliver yet again? We are not at the Withdean in the lower leagues anymore FFS!

Need the club to now stand up and show we mean business.. Exactly right that we are NOT at withdean anymore and this is our 3rd PL season.....PB said lessons were learned.. Maybe we are just being patient and keeping ultimately quiet until deals are completed? Trouble is with time ticking it looks more like complacency until quality additions actually materialise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here