Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non alcoholic champagne

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I’m sure if someone is prohibited from drinking alcohol by religion do they want it sprayed on them running the risk of accidentally consuming it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Punishing you for having alcohol thrown on you? God sounds great.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The FA have 'always' put a case of champagne in the dressing room of the winning team apparently. They're just replacing this with a non-alcoholic substitute. It's just possible the team may bring their own supplies so they can get properly on it as soon as they can.................................(before jumping into their Baby Bentleys and driving home, obviously)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They want to get with the times, and luzz a ludicrously expensive barrel aged double IPA with a silly name around.

Why would affluent young men at the pinnacle of their career want to look like washed up has beens desperately trying to look relevant? Just asking like......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would affluent young men at the pinnacle of their career want to look like washed up has beens desperately trying to look relevant? Just asking like......

Oh my sides are splitting. You’re on form today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:clap2::clap2::clap2:The FA has confirmed it will only issue non alcoholic champagne at its events as means of celebration so as not to offend cultures where drinking is prohibited and to be inclusive with under 18 age groups.

Another step into the 21st century for this former dinosaur organisation.

:clap2:

I doubt I could afford either version, i'll pass thanks.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think it's a good idea. Every player should be part of the celebrations, and be able to sing and shout, and not be worried about a load of champagne going down their throat, whether for religious or abstinence reasons.

download.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
About time the FA caught up with the rest of the World.Non-alcoholic fizzy rosewater has been the norm in motorsport for many years,where the local populace are forbidden booze by their religion (not just Moslems by the way).

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it's a good idea. Every player should be part of the celebrations, and be able to sing and shout, and not be worried about a load of champagne going down their throat, whether for religious or abstinence reasons.

View attachment 108276

Absolutely, a player may not wish to come into physical contact with alcohol for a number of reasons and they shouldn't have to exclude themselves from celebrations because of it. Plenty of opportunities for players who want a drink to have as many as they want in the changing room and later.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Absolutely, a player may not wish to come into physical contact with alcohol for a number of reasons and they shouldn't have to exclude themselves from celebrations because of it. Plenty of opportunities for players who want a drink to have as many as they want in the changing room and later.

Exactly. We're not talking about fine dining here, it's just crap being sprayed all over the pitch so let's make it non-alcoholic so all can participate. Great move on this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
About time the FA caught up with the rest of the World.Non-alcoholic fizzy rosewater has been the norm in motorsport for many years,where the local populace are forbidden booze by their religion (not just Moslems by the way).

The rest of the world you say? Sounds like you mistakenly think that alcohol is not available in the majority of countries. Oh, and it is Muslims by the way, Muslims.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The rest of the world you say? Sounds like you mistakenly think that alcohol is not available in the majority of countries. Oh, and it is Muslims by the way, Muslims.

‘Moslem’ was the more common spelling previously but usage has declined as it can have more offensive connotations. It’s not wrong for most English speakers though.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I really don't see the need for it to be alcoholic in the first place. TBH, I don't see the need for alcohol other than for sterilization purposes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here