Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iced Bun

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Waitrose ice buns are the champions. Simple and sublime.

I'm not usually one for Supermarket iced buns, they are much better bought from the local bakery, but I will make an exception for Waitrose. Opened up with some butter on they are quite magnificent.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am a massive fan of bread so should like these ice bun things, but just can't get my head round these northern inventions for folks with no imagination....

Northern household in Wigan.

"What's for dinner mum"

"Well we've got pie in bun"

"Fantastic, thanks mum"

"Finished mum, what's for pudding"

Mum goes to larder Rattle, crash, "oh feck" rattle, crash, "is that all I've got left oh genius"

"Nelson we've these special buns"

Do me a favour.....

What makes you think these came from Wigan ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Used to call them Aozotamreps Buns when I was at achool, for obvious reasons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Local bakers have got them on special offer again for Xmas, 2 for £2, ruddy lovely with a nice hot mug of chocolate.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Iced buns? Luxury! When I was a boy I was sent to the baker's every Saturday morning clutching 1/8d for a Large Twist and two penn'orth of stale buns! Of course, they weren't actually stale, just left over from the day before. How many you got for your tuppence varied week to week but never more than six. It seemed to depend on the type of bun they had left. Different world, but happy days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Iced buns? Luxury! When I was a boy I was sent to the baker's every Saturday morning clutching 1/8d for a Large Twist and two penn'orth of stale buns! Of course, they weren't actually stale, just left over from the day before. How many you got for your tuppence varied week to week but never more than six. It seemed to depend on the type of bun they had left. Different world, but happy days.

Different times

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tuppence

:eek:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
what the actual hell - butter on an iced bun :ohmy:???

42735A8700000578-4706988-image-m-2_1500382913599.jpg

:drool:

Should you butter an iced bun?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I miss nothing about my commute to London apart from Ole & Steen on Charing cross road. Scandi bun shop. Clients loved it when I arrived with a bag of these. If you like a bread based cake, treat yourself next time you're up that way.
81230ed5864ed76390dc8d020067134b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here