Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was amazed at the security level when i went to a Spurs loving family's sons Bar Mitzvah after party a few weeks ago in london , i expected a bit , but there must of been a dozen very well trained security guards on duty doing various things i didn't even contemplate before hand , we had our car searched before being able to park , not just looked at from outside i mean the works with mirrors underneath and all that goes with it , we were name checked by ID and no bags of any description were allowed inside the main hall ! , not being jewish myself i found it ignorantly all rather OTT , but those that were jewish had already accepted that that is how it is nowadays and a better safe than sorry attitude , and very much used to the procedure , how bloody sad it is , that this is how it has to be .

Once inside it was a fantastic party and truly lovely people , they even had some Spud player performing keepy uppys and advice on the best hair products to wear during inclement weather , what was quite funny was the amount of blokes fumbling around in their pockets on mobile phones desperately trying to keep up with the Arsenal Brighton scoreline without alerting their partners that they were interested in football at such a occasion , 5 minutes to go the smoking area was full of non smokers pleading with their god for Brighton to hang on thus denying any chance Arsenal had of the top 4 , you can imagine the mood at full time :rave:

It's not ignorant at all, this is what faith does for us 'normal' people.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Frightening to think that 85 years on, the threat of violent anti semitism by some has returned to the epicentre of the Holocaust.

Problem is, we are all labelled with the holocaust when we shouldn't be. We should be allowed to speak out against the jews and what they have done since 1948, because they are responsible for many atrocities since. Most UN violations ever?

Edit: I mean Israel.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Intolerance and racism returning to Europe big time.Even Eurovision tainted.The best song was undoubtedly John Lundvik's,but the establishment ignored the publicvote.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was amazed at the security level when i went to a Spurs loving family's sons Bar Mitzvah after party a few weeks ago in london , i expected a bit , but there must of been a dozen very well trained security guards on duty doing various things i didn't even contemplate before hand , we had our car searched before being able to park , not just looked at from outside i mean the works with mirrors underneath and all that goes with it , we were name checked by ID and no bags of any description were allowed inside the main hall ! , not being jewish myself i found it ignorantly all rather OTT , but those that were jewish had already accepted that that is how it is nowadays and a better safe than sorry attitude , and very much used to the procedure , how bloody sad it is , that this is how it has to be .

Once inside it was a fantastic party and truly lovely people , they even had some Spud player performing keepy uppys and advice on the best hair products to wear during inclement weather , what was quite funny was the amount of blokes fumbling around in their pockets on mobile phones desperately trying to keep up with the Arsenal Brighton scoreline without alerting their partners that they were interested in football at such a occasion , 5 minutes to go the smoking area was full of non smokers pleading with their god for Brighton to hang on thus denying any chance Arsenal had of the top 4 , you can imagine the mood at full time :rave:

A couple of years back we passed a Jewish school in Kilburn. The ‘compound’ perimeter was a 15’ high steel wall with razor wire at the top.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is no tolerance in religion, it starts 90%+ of wars. They fight over a God that cannot be proven, it is idiotic. But you can't teach it out of these flocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Problem is, we are all labelled with the holocaust when we shouldn't be. We should be allowed to speak out against the jews and what they have done since 1948, because they are responsible for many atrocities since. Most UN violations ever?

Edit: I mean Israel.

I was simply commenting on the murderous attacks on Jews 85 years ago in Germany, and now the new threat in the very same country.

I condemn the latter. Any decent human being would.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was simply commenting on the murderous attacks on Jews 85 years ago in Germany, and now the new threat in the very same country.

I condemn the latter. Any decent human being would.

I condemn any murderous death in any guise. I care little about religion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I condemn any murderous death in any guise. I care little about religion.

Same here.

But I feel for minorities particularly and don’t hold it against them if they worship a faith. Whether it be a Bangladeshi beaten up in a UK town, a black person by police in the USA, a Jew in Germany or a Palestinian in Tel Aviv.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Intolerance and racism returning to Europe big time.Even Eurovision tainted.The best song was undoubtedly John Lundvik's,but the establishment ignored the publicvote.

???

Didn’t he get voted into second place by the jury vote, then drop away massively in the public vote? :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Same here.

But I feel for minorities particularly and don’t hold it against them if they worship a faith. Whether it be a Bangladeshi beaten up in a UK town, a black person by police in the USA, a Jew in Germany or a Palestinian in Tel Aviv.

They aren't minorities in their own country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They aren't minorities in their own country.

But where a majority/people holding power in a location, target people who don’t look like them or have a different way a life, I feel for the victims.

Not interested in the political arguments particularly; just the fact that a minority, face violence or threats or discrimination. Purely a human response.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Same here.

And... got me bit between me teeth here now lol ... why do we even look at people as Asian, African, American ... shouldn't we be past that? But the one thing that sticks in my throat are religious bigots. When God comes and says Hi to me I'll believe in him, whilst he doesn't I won't. But billions all over the world believe this cretinous bullshit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But where a majority/people holding power in a location, target people who don’t look like them or have a different way a life, I feel for the victims.

Not interested in the political arguments particularly; just the fact that a minority, face violence or threats or discrimination. Purely a human response.

You're one of the good guys :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
???

Didn’t he get voted into second place by the jury vote, then drop away massively in the public vote? :shrug:

As always,you know best.I obviously misunderstood,and John Lundvik was crap,and white?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And... got me bit between me teeth here now lol ... why do we even look at people as Asian, African, American ... shouldn't we be past that? But the one thing that sticks in my throat are religious bigots. When God comes and says Hi to me I'll believe in him, whilst he doesn't I won't. But billions all over the world believe this cretinous bullshit.

If religion hadn’t been invented, there would still be wars, discrimination, racism, armed conflict over territory, natural resources, access to water.

I agree that bigots, whether they be religious, racist or political, make it a less pleasant world.

(I’m personally not religious btw).

I like to think that I never look at people differently due to being a different skin colour, place of birth to me, or they have a faith. But unfortunately many people do, even the UK. Normally from the political extremes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In a century or 3, maybe 20, people will look at us as we looked at Romulus and Remus, and say... seriously?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Same here.

Would you feel sorry for me,a minority in Birmingham,if I was beaten up by a Bangladeshi?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here