Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Thin skin [sic] posse. That's a new one. Who is that aimed at then?

Leavers, as you know. People who swallow the same lies and bullshit, over and over, and who would get awfully upset by being called dim. You know. Dimwits.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I feel we should honour the result of the first referendum. In 1975. When 67% voted to stay in the EU.
But if we must have another referendum (and by the way, more democracy in the form of another vote doesn’t mean that we’re somehow being undemocratic!) then probably Green, or any party which honours the result of that first referendum.

That's amazing. Were they time travellers? The EU wasn't formed until 1993.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have voted Labour since I was first eligible to vote in 79 but won't be doing so this time. As it will be viewed as a simple vote on Leave vs Remain (or WTO Brexit vs a People's Vote) I want my vote to be counted as clearly in favour of the Remain side. A Labour vote could be viewed as ambiguous so it has to be Lib Dem or Green. If the vote was about a wider range of issues it may be different which is why I voted Labour in the recent local elections.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leavers, as you know. People who swallow the same lies and bullshit, over and over, and who would get awfully upset by being called dim. You know. Dimwits.

Ah, I thought so. Well done for coming up with an original gratuitous insult, even if you can't spell it properly. But basically I can see you're one of those people who calls all leavers (or presumably anybody who disagrees with you) dim - or worse. There are a lot of them like you all over the Brexit thread too. Pathetic.
Go and play with your pathetic chums over there.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ah, I thought so. Well done for coming up with an original gratuitous insult, even if you can't spell it properly. But basically I can see you're one of those people who calls all leavers (or presumably anybody who disagrees with you) dim - or worse. There are a lot of them like you all over the Brexit thread too. Pathetic.
Go and play with your pathetic chums over there.
Aw bless
Not all leavers are dim, but anybody who falls for the same lies, over, and again, is

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1129052784899350529[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1129275317292544000[/TWEET]

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Rather than call people Dim try and see their side of the argument. You can still disagree of course. Leftie comedians are fanning the flames with put downs and rather than helping their cause they are fanning the flames.
Looks like the Brexit party will walk the European elections so the name calling is not working. Please stop it before Farage ends up in Number 10.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Rather than call people Dim try and see their side of the argument. You can still disagree of course. Leftie comedians are fanning the flames with put downs and rather than helping their cause they are fanning the flames.
Looks like the Brexit party will walk the European elections so the name calling is not working. Please stop it before Farage ends up in Number 10.

Comedians are usinig put downs over Brexit because it deserves put downs.
Brexiteers, in Parliament, and particularly on NSC have no idea what sort of Brexit they actually want, and if any of them offer that they do know, they are unable to explain their reasons, or how it will work, other than, they will find a way etc etc Its pretty ridiculous.
If Brexiteers want to treat the countries future in such a flippant manner, they shouldnt be surprised when people laugh at them.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Calling people dim is, I'm afraid, endemic in those in favour of one side of the argument (I needn't say which - it's too obvious).

Disagree - I believe it's on both sides.

You've only got to read the last few pages on this thread to see that's the case.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'd rather be called dim than an enemy of the people and a traitor.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

European%20Parliament%20Voting%20intention%2012-16%20May%202019-01.png

It is rather ironic that the numerous hardcore remainers on NSC who continually indulge in name-calling, specifically questioning leave voters intelligence are apparently too stupid to realise they are making matters worse. :dunce:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Voted Remain in the Referendum but for the sake of democracy I am voting Brexit Party and have never been so keen to vote as this time around.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[TWEET]1129052784899350529[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1129275317292544000[/TWEET]

When are they going to put up the sayings of Comrade Corbin,or Clegg,or Cable,or Bliar,or the foul utterances of Geldof?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I have voted Labour since I was first eligible to vote in 79 but won't be doing so this time. As it will be viewed as a simple vote on Leave vs Remain (or WTO Brexit vs a People's Vote) I want my vote to be counted as clearly in favour of the Remain side. A Labour vote could be viewed as ambiguous so it has to be Lib Dem or Green. If the vote was about a wider range of issues it may be different which is why I voted Labour in the recent local elections.

Never mind what it will be 'viewed as', why can't you just go ahead and vote based on a wider range of issues?

That would be by FAR the most logical and sensible option imo.

- It terms of Brexit it seems unlikely that the outcome of this vote is going to make any substantial difference to what happens
- Tactical voting is not very relevent in the European elections, so don't bother with that malarky
- There is every chance the people we vote for will be sitting in Parliament for a while. And possibly for a full term, so it matters what the wider agenda is of those you vote for.
- They will have little impact on brexit, but the opportunity to have an impact in other areas, way more important than brexit

MEPs sit in parliament as part of wider groups. In my experience the most effective and progressive groups in the parliament are the Greens and the S and D (which Labour are part of). Voting for MEPs to be part of these groups means supporting the development of pan-european cooperation on tackling the climate emergency, dealing with tax dodging, supporting a compassionate agenda on immigration and pushing the case for the European 'social model' globally.

If there is anyone left considering a vote for a conservative, I'd urge you to look at the group they sit in, and the company they have thus chosen to keep. It's not pretty.

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
Can any Brexit supporter please explain why another referendum/public vote would be undemocratic? Or why abandoning Brexit would be undemocratic? I've not head a good argument yet.

For starters, the referendum in 2016 was the second referendum after there was one in 1975. Therefore if a second referendum would be betraying democracy, hasn't democracy been betrayed already?

Furthermore, the public were lied and misled by both campaigns in the 2016 referendum. Vote Leave also broke the law. In order for a working democracy, the public must be reliably informed with facts to make their decision. Surely this suggests the 2016 referendum was undemocratic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Voted Remain in the Referendum but for the sake of democracy I am voting Brexit Party and have never been so keen to vote as this time around.

So for the sake of democracy you're voting for somebody pushing for something the winning campaign in the referendum specifically said would not happen?

Forgive me, just trying to get my head around this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here