Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
To finish above Palace we need at least another 6 points. We may finish above palace if we get them. However, we may now finish below Villa. I do realise there are people on NSC quite content for us to gain only 6 points all season if that's from doing the double over Palace. This has nothing to do with avoiding embarrassment. It is about avoiding relegation. Just ecause it is all in our hands doesn't preclude wishing for some advantage from other results. Anyway, you got your wish.

Look, Villa only need to lose 1 out of Palace, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham.

So, to really want the team above us (who are catchable) to win rather than the other 3 teams is short sighted, impatient and very pessimistic.

To want Palace to win to ‘save our season’ shows a total lack of belief in our team.

Hopefully Potter will be drumming it into the lads that we can finish 14th with a strong end to the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Look, Villa only need to lose 1 out of Palace, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham.

So, to really want the team above us (who are catchable) to win rather than the other 3 teams is short sighted, impatient and very pessimistic.

To want Palace to win to ‘save our season’ shows a total lack of belief in our team.

Hopefully Potter will be drumming it into the lads that we can finish 14th with a strong end to the season.

Indeed.
If anything this result should motivate our players for Thursday night.
3 points will see us safe (barring a GD landslide to Villa)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Indeed.
If anything this result should motivate our players for Thursday night.
3 points will see us safe (barring a GD landslide to Villa)

That’s what I thought it terms of motivation, if Palace won today (which they didn’t, they lost...again :lol: ) we’d have almost nothing left to play for. The players should be much more up for it now.

They know a win will keep us from getting caught by Villa and get us to within 3 points of 14th place.

If I was a player, I’d not want to see this thread because of the lack of belief from our fans.

Seemingly, a great day for us two :lol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That’s what I thought it terms of motivation, if Palace won today (which they didn’t, they lost...again :lol: ) we’d have almost nothing left to play for. The players should be much more up for it now.

They know a win will keep us from getting caught by Villa and get us to within 3 points of 14th place.

If I was a player, I’d not want to see this thread because of the lack of belief from our fans.

Seemingly, a great day for us two :lol:

I don’t really understand the point you are making. The next stage for our club is comfortable mid table. That is what we aspire to next season. Personally I have no interest in keeping us on the fringes of relegation as some sort of motivational tool. I want to be well clear as soon as possible. That is what comfortable mid table looks like.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We are six points clear not eight. Maybe the grasp of Maths explains the complacency ?

A bit of dodgy accounting does wonders. But yes, I glanced at the table on BBC but it hadn't taken into account the win for Villa, must have not updated after the goals. I assumed it was live, but clearly not!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don’t really understand the point you are making. The next stage for our club is comfortable mid table. That is what we aspire to next season. Personally I have no interest in keeping us on the fringes of relegation as some sort of motivational tool. I want to be well clear as soon as possible. That is what comfortable mid table looks like.

??

Sorry you aren't making any sense.
If the next stage for our club is "comfortable mid-table" then we are safe. yes?
Relying on other teams to keep us up, is about as far away from comfortable mid table as you can get.

To get to "comfortable mid-table" we need to go up the table, not stay where we are.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
??

Sorry you aren't making any sense.
If the next stage for our club is "comfortable mid-table" then we are safe. yes?
Relying on other teams to keep us up, is about as far away from comfortable mid table as you can get.

To get to "comfortable mid-table" we need to go up the table, not stay where we are.

I was responding to your point that a Villa win was a good thing because it gives our players something to play for. Almost seemed like you don’t mind us being on the fringes of relegation. Anyway, I don’t actually think we will go down. I am just always going to cheer on any result that gives advantage to the Albion.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

The motivation is getting 14th place...our best PL finish. I’d rather be concentrating on that than a freak set of results that would send us down.

‘well clear as soon as possible’. What’s the obsession with knowing as soon as possible? They lose, they can’t overtake us, I was willing to wait an extra game because it gives us a better chance of finishing 14th. If they were 6 points behind us before the game, then I probably would have taken a different view.

I’m confident we will get points, and I’m even more confident that Villa will lose.

When they do lose, all this ‘wanting Palace to win, because we aren’t confident of our own team’ stuff will look even more silly than it does now.

He who dares Rodney, he who dares.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I was responding to your point that a Villa win was a good thing because it gives our players something to play for. Almost seemed like you don’t mind us being on the fringes of relegation. Anyway, I don’t actually think we will go down. I am just always going to cheer on any result that gives advantage to the Albion.

But you could say that about Villa winning giving us a chance of getting into 14th place.

That’s what we should be focusing on, we wouldn’t be if Palace won.

IF we do go on to finish 14th, this will turn out to be a massive result.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People who wanted a Villa win

4543C64F-D901-4625-ABE3-8EA4E061AFC4.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here