Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

NorthStanding

May 15, 2016
Good old Sussex by the sea
Who is the "we" you speak for and what are silvers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sign this one instead?
37b1757944d836d14af3a4b07cd5de70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was struggling to get my head around why we didn't just trigger his release clause in his contract and get the player in, and stumbled across this website (which makes for very interesting reading):

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News...y-how-do-release-clauses-work/1837585052.html

The interesting paragraphs relating to Spanish buy-out clauses may help explain why this transfer has been so protracted:

"Now comes the tricky part, especially where clubs based outside of Spain are concerned. You see, these clauses are binding only with respect to other Spanish Clubs. If Atletico Madrid decide that Carlos Bacca of Sevilla is a good bet (he is), all they have to do is make this fact known to Sevilla, deposit the amount stipulated in his clause with the LFP (Liga Football Primera, the league's governing body) and, if Carlos is happy, off he pops to the Capital. If, on the other hand, Arsenal are interested in securing Carlos' services, then the matter is different.

In THAT Case, the clause does not apply between clubs as it does in the case of an all-Spanish transfer. Instead, it applies between the player and his current club. Two things can then happen: the selling club can deal anyway (often there is a gentleman's agreement between club and player to this effect) and accept the offer. For tax reasons, this means accepting a little less than they are otherwise entitled to. No problem there, then. If the selling club plays hardball, things get a little tricky.

If the selling club decides they don't want to sell, an impasse is reached. If they want the full value of the clause, they can insist that the buying club make an offer of the buyout clause + VAT. Obviously, this whacks somewhere in the region of 20% on the bottom line of the deal for the buyer. Still, they pays their money and they gets their man. However, this still requires the selling club to ACCEPT their offer."

Effectively then, the min-fee release clause doesn't apply at all.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Effectively then, the min-fee release clause doesn't apply at all.

Unless a Spanish team are buying, which must be questionable under European law, Shirley!?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Decent goal scoring pedigree for one so young.
I'm not against this. Though I suspect this rumour is just that.

*Yawn*

Realistically, this bloke isn't going to come in and score the goals to keep us up. 9 in 31 against the might of Elche, Osasuna and Vallalodid. But he could potentially be a good addition. Plenty more firepower required.

Have to spend money to make money and all that.
My point was that people who have been waiting for the star striker for 2 years or so are going to be disappointed. But that he looks to be a promising addition to the ranks and a player with big potential to improve at only 22.

TSB ever making a positive comment about anything ever? Be serious.

Try reading the thread, genius.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
I was struggling to get my head around why we didn't just trigger his release clause in his contract and get the player in, and stumbled across this website (which makes for very interesting reading):

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News...y-how-do-release-clauses-work/1837585052.html

The interesting paragraphs relating to Spanish buy-out clauses may help explain why this transfer has been so protracted:

"Now comes the tricky part, especially where clubs based outside of Spain are concerned. You see, these clauses are binding only with respect to other Spanish Clubs. If Atletico Madrid decide that Carlos Bacca of Sevilla is a good bet (he is), all they have to do is make this fact known to Sevilla, deposit the amount stipulated in his clause with the LFP (Liga Football Primera, the league's governing body) and, if Carlos is happy, off he pops to the Capital. If, on the other hand, Arsenal are interested in securing Carlos' services, then the matter is different.

In THAT Case, the clause does not apply between clubs as it does in the case of an all-Spanish transfer. Instead, it applies between the player and his current club. Two things can then happen: the selling club can deal anyway (often there is a gentleman's agreement between club and player to this effect) and accept the offer. For tax reasons, this means accepting a little less than they are otherwise entitled to. No problem there, then. If the selling club plays hardball, things get a little tricky.

If the selling club decides they don't want to sell, an impasse is reached. If they want the full value of the clause, they can insist that the buying club make an offer of the buyout clause + VAT. Obviously, this whacks somewhere in the region of 20% on the bottom line of the deal for the buyer. Still, they pays their money and they gets their man. However, this still requires the selling club to ACCEPT their offer."

Excellent. Well researched post.
Nice to get some signal amongst the noise.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Surely Tony just needs to buy a Spanish club to use as a vehicle to purchase players from other Spanish clubs and then sell from his Spanish club on to Brighton.
A sort of legal player laundering.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still want this big fella to sing.

I guess those hopes are now dwindling. :down:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Brexit means Brexit, and don’t call me Shirley.

[emoji23] We are still In aren’t we, Shirley!?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I still want this big fella to sing.

I guess those hopes are now dwindling. :down:

May be getting over excited but hard to believe he’s an either/or with Maupay as such a different type of player. More likely the Murray replacement a year early. I suspect as it’s so hard to sign strikers in our price bracket, if we want him and are happy to pay the release clause + VAT we’ll get him. If we’re going to play 3 up front arguably we need 6 anyway: Locadia, Murray, Trossard, Andone, Maupay, En Nesyri would give us good options, with Izzy to come back in at Xmas.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
May be getting over excited but hard to believe he’s an either/or with Maupay as such a different type of player. More likely the Murray replacement a year early. I suspect as it’s so hard to sign strikers in our price bracket, if we want him and are happy to pay the release clause + VAT we’ll get him. If we’re going to play 3 up front arguably we need 6 anyway: Locadia, Murray, Trossard, Andone, Maupay, En Nesyri would give us good options, with Izzy to come back in at Xmas.

Apart from the ‘year early’ bit, I agree. I would say a year late!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It depends how much the Spanish club needs the money. Only the big clubs, Barca, Real Madrid, etc have any money, to speak of.

I remember Andrea Orlandi used to write a blog, and talking about his time in Spain. One of his comments was 'and sometimes we even got paid.'

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It depends how much the Spanish club needs the money. Only the big clubs, Barca, Real Madrid, etc have any money, to speak of.

I remember Andrea Orlandi used to write a blog, and talking about his time in Spain. One of his comments was 'and sometimes we even got paid.'
Leganes are tiny and poor by La Liga standards, so I would imagine that finances are foremost on their mind in this or any other deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why? These things can take time, think of the protracted signing on nonsense with Ali J! :ffsparr:

Maupay is being reported as a done deal.

Both in is just too much to ask for, won't someone think of the less well off, like...

...palace. :lol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay is being reported as a done deal.

Both in is just too much to ask for, won't someone think of the less well off, like...

...palace. :lol:

They are so different though. I wouldn’t be shocked if we went for both TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here