Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 2019/20

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just put £20 on 13/5, and a tenner on Southampton to go at 4/1. Both good odds in my view. Shame I didn't get Newcastle pre-Benitez departure, when you could get 6/1. Those are good odds, but I don't see them as the favourite for the drop, which is what their odds now are.
I don't see Southampton going. They were shit at Burnley for sure, but Burnley is never an easy place to get a result - and then they performed well against the Champions of Europe and could easily have taken a point. They are short of firepower but then arguably so are we. Their defence is far from terrible too. I see them finishing within a handful of points of us somewhere between 9th and 15th.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Watford look in big trouble. 7 points from their last 11 league games, 6 of which came from Huddersfield and Fulham.

I suspect the manager will be gone over the international break if they don't get at least one win out of West Ham at home & Newcastle away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watford look in big trouble. 7 points from their last 11 league games, 6 of which came from Huddersfield and Fulham.

I suspect the manager will be gone over the international break if they don't get at least one win out of West Ham at home & Newcastle away.

They have a Board that make no qualms about sacking a manager. I wonder how long they'd suffer poor results?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
All good fun I know...BUT the season is 2 games old FFS ! Chelsea and West ham have yet to gain a win. Palace have only won twice in August in the last 7 seasons and Huddersfield won their first two games a couple of seasons ago.

4 Points from 2 games is great but 3 against a Watford team who have won 2 games in the last 11 and a West ham team not firing on all cylinders...wait till November or be prepared to wipe egg off the old boat race.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't see Southampton going. They were shit at Burnley for sure, but Burnley is never an easy place to get a result - and then they performed well against the Champions of Europe and could easily have taken a point. They are short of firepower but then arguably so are we. Their defence is far from terrible too. I see them finishing within a handful of points of us somewhere between 9th and 15th.

Oh, I agree, but just see 4/1 as good odds. Their squad is better than relegation, but I have serious doubts over their defence and goalkeeper. Watford's squad is much better in my view, which is why I haven't backed them.
The most likely for the drop are, as ever, the promoted clubs, and Villa might just find survival the most difficult.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
28/1 being offered on a treble of Brighton, Newcastle and Watford all being relegated.

Here’s the current singles odds.

9B8E299F-6BB3-48C3-B678-C8E1D34FBD64.png

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
You can still get 11/4 on us being relegated. So all the doom-mongers should be piling on, Shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here