Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Him joining a Dutch team on loan makes sense.

Would prefer a sale TBH... or retain to see if he can reach Prem level under a more attacking manager, even better...

His agent re-tweeted the story about him rejecting a move back to Holland in favour of being desperate for it to work here. I for one am in agreement and happy.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why haven’t we signed someone yet? It’s been like 5 minutes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bored now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dear Tony

I'm bored. Please splash something like 15 to 25 million pounds on a player (not a defender) to brighten my day.

Many thanks
Trig
Any reply yet Trig?
Thankfully I have received a PM to explain. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post the details of the PM.
Well it's been tough keeping quiet for the best part of a week, but I gave my word that I'd say nothing here until both signings were official.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes... the thread title is a lie again! :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think that may be it for the SINGINGS, hope I'm wrong though - would like to see a CM as I think we're quite weak in midfield, and also a right back if possible.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that may be it for the SINGINGS, hope I'm wrong though - would like to see a CM as I think we're quite weak in midfield, and also a right back if possible.

Do we know how far off returning to action Bissouma is ? Can’t recall seeing anything indicating a timeline

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Apparently, he was in Holland just to visit friends.
Ali J is here to stay according to - https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/vastberaden-jahanbakhsh-gaat-ondanks-interesse-vol-voor-kans-bij-brighton

Chatting to an Iranian I know in Tunbridge Wells last week. Didn't find out much that we don't anyway know but:

- those Iranian fans are mad about him (no sh1t)
- they follow him everywhere
- he played a bit of a blinder in the non-game at Pompey
- has been reassured by Potter and feels he has a chance to prove himself this season

Could all be like the rest of the stuff spouted by his fans, but this guy is pretty grounded. Personally, I hope we do see the best of Ali J at the Albion

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chatting to an Iranian I know in Tunbridge Wells last week. Didn't find out much that we don't anyway know but:
- he played a bit of a blinder in the non-game at Pompey
How would they know that? Has the grounded Ali J been telling them that in the one game they couldn't see, he was great?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I still think we should bid for Tavernier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm now pretty happy with this transfer window. Three good signings and a few cheeky ones for the future that may break into the first team this season. All in all good. I think we're covered if we are playing wing back. Schellotto is better equipped in that position than march and look how he did. Not worried particularly in any positions except possibly a Murray like for like but with Maupay and Andone with Locadia we should be ok and Connolly is always a shout.

From someone NITK..... expecting one more signing before the deadline. ;)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm now pretty happy with this transfer window. Three good signings and a few cheeky ones for the future that may break into the first team this season. All in all good. I think we're covered if we are playing wing back. Schellotto is better equipped in that position than march and look how he did. Not worried particularly in any positions except possibly a Murray like for like but with Maupay and Andone with Locadia we should be ok and Connolly is always a shout.

From someone NITK..... expecting one more signing before the deadline. ;)

Not sure I'm happy yet.

- We have signed a replacement for AK. Early signs are he is an upgrade, but he needs to stand the test of competitive matches.
- A central defender which I think was unnecessary on the showing of our Championship loanees. Nothing against Webster, he looks a great player but 20M (rising to) is a lot of money. I'll trust the club on this one.
- A striker in the Andone mould. Again, I would have said finding someone to replace Murray's style would have been best, considering Potter likes to play with it too.

General fan assessment was Striker, RB and CM. It appears as if we'll be going with what we have regarding RB/RWB with all the signs coming out the club suggesting that almost the entire squad can play there.

It also seems as if we'll be trusting Kayal as the 4th CM for another season, with very few (legitimate) links to midfielders we're after besides Berge. I suspect a few on here will be confounded that yet another manager seems to judge Stephens as a capable PL midfielder.

Despite being a fan of Stephens myself, I would like to see genuine competition for the DM role. Then I'll be more confident.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure I'm happy yet.

- We have signed a replacement for AK. Early signs are he is an upgrade, but he needs to stand the test of competitive matches.
- A central defender which I think was unnecessary on the showing of our Championship loanees. Nothing against Webster, he looks a great player but 20M (rising to) is a lot of money. I'll trust the club on this one.
- A striker in the Andone mould. Again, I would have said finding someone to replace Murray's style would have been best, considering Potter likes to play with it too.

General fan assessment was Striker, RB and CM. It appears as if we'll be going with what we have regarding RB/RWB with all the signs coming out the club suggesting that almost the entire squad can play there.

It also seems as if we'll be trusting Kayal as the 4th CM for another season, with very few (legitimate) links to midfielders we're after besides Berge. I suspect a few on here will be confounded that yet another manager seems to judge Stephens as a capable PL midfielder.

Despite being a fan of Stephens myself, I would like to see genuine competition for the DM role. Then I'll be more confident.

Alzate and/or Baluta may be pushing Kayal for 4th midfielder (Alzate attacking/Baluta defensive) I guess so maybe view is we have enough options there. Hopefully Bissouma comes back firing on all cylinders too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here