Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I voted OUT and that means OUT deal or no deal.

I have said it before but I will repeat again If we go into recession so be it we will come back stronger long term.

We have been into recession on a regular basis, what goes up must come down and so on, this is a common pattern we WILL deal with it and life will go on.

However, if we do not leave the EU it will kick off for years to come and will be far more damaging to our country forever.

Let's get out and look to the future.

Leave means Leave.

The sooner those clowns in the Labour, Lib dem and tw+ts like Rory (undercover) Stewart, start to get behind any sensible Brexit deal the better.

This. Agree with every word although with the Remain /Green /Labour lovers on here, you're in for a slating.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have said it before but I will repeat again If we go into recession so be it we will come back stronger long term.

Deleted. On reflection I can’t be arsed to respond to you.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m not sure many did like what he did in London. He ultimately cost the capital millions/billion with his various vanity projects, pie-in-the-sky dreams, aborted ideas and ill thought-out deals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...osting-taxpayers-1bn-on-london-mayor-projects

Yep, agreed that he is a loose cannon and subject to moments of vanity. But the picture is not completely one-sided as demonstrated by this Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/total-chaos-boris-johnson-london-mayor

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And there lies the rub. Not everyone who voted out was quite so equivocal. Indeed there are people on NSC who voted out and have now changed their mind based on how it has played out.

Your argument falls down right there, the first sentence. The rest of your post is just noise. We shouldn't risk sending the country into recession just because YOU decided OUT means OUT.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm sure the electorate can relate to SIR Keir Starmer, another toff who has had his snout in the trough for too long

Of course the electorate could relate to him. His mother was a nurse, his father a toolmaker. He went into law via university because of his high marks in eleven plus. He comes from modest beginings but is a highly intelligent and articulate man. He family is from a Labour back ground but he is not an extremist in any way.......just a nobody made good and sticking to his left of central values. Just what Labour needs to break the stranglehold of the centre right media driven politics we have endured under Cameron, May and now Boris.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fine. But you have to understand lots of livelihoods will be unnecessarily affected by this. And when you threaten to take away someone’s job, their business etc they will fight tooth-and-nail to protect themselves. If you have this attitude, which incidentally I think stinks, you must expect a reaction....and a hard one at that.

As an aside I’ve followed your posts...and not once have you offered any explanation , beyond trite blind faith that even [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] would be embarrassed by, why you think the U.K. will come back stronger.

No deal is like going to buy a car, walking away from the deal and setting alight to the car your were going to part exchange

Some people are plain selfish and don't care about those that will be hurt, welcome to modern Britain...

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
What are they doing to it? Genuine question.
Maintaining the myth that outside the EU we can exceed the standard of living we have while inside it. If leaving is so ideologically necessary then leave, but pretending there's a benefit ("golden age") and apparently convincing people that's possible, is without any truth or evidence or fact. A huge number of people will suffer because of Brexit, many of them the ones who think "talking up the country" is a Good Thing and more important than being honest. That's what they are doing to the country (while also preparing to blame the EU for their own failures to deliver what they promised in the referendum).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And there lies the rub. Not everyone who voted out was quite so equivocal. Indeed there are people on NSC who voted out and have now changed their mind based on how it has played out.

Your argument falls down right there, the first sentence. The rest of your post is just noise. We shouldn't risk sending the country into recession just because YOU decided OUT means OUT.

Quite. I'm one of those who voted out but am appalled at the situation where we've found ourselves in. The idea that we should leave regardless of the economic hardship it would mean for most of the population is anathema to me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Parliament had numerous chances to accept the May deal.
Sabotage, delay, scupper... whatever the word.

Be careful of what you wish for.

We should already be out, with a deal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gwylan, I think you have missed my point(on purpose.). You should have quoted my full post!

OK.

[

We live in pretty strange times, so nobody knows what the hell may happen next in the world of politics.
However, I think the fear of Corbyn , is not because of his political brilliance(ahem!), but based on a genuine concern over what a far left Government would do to the economy of this country. Add in his tendency to side with the country's enemies, his lack of intellect, the caucus of extremist advisors pulling his strings, lack of leadership, indecision,intolerance of more moderate views within the party etc.
These fears are genuinely felt by many traditional Labour voters as well as supporters of other parties. I should also add moderate Labour MP's to that list.
Until Corbyn and McDonnell are replaced with more centrist leaders, many will fear Labour, and by that I don't just mean the Tories and their supporters.
I am a Tory voter, but hope and pray that Labour comes to its senses and once again returns to being the decent party it once was.

I don't think I've missed your point at all. You said that you fear what Labour would do to the economy. I can't recall the exact figures but I think the plans in the last Labour manifesto were said to cost about £15 to 20 billion - cue jibes about the magic money tree. Johnson announces plans for about three or four times that much and not a word is said about the economy. That's precisely the point I'm making.

You also talk about extremist advisers. Well, I think a chief adviser who has already broken electoral law, who can't get a Commons pass because of his contempt of parliament is pretty extreme. Throw in people from the Tax Payers Alliance, a shadowy body who repeatedly refuse to say how they're funded and we're on dodgy ground. And as for tolerance of other views, we've just seen Johnson purge his cabinet of anyone who voted for his rival - Corbyn's shadow cabinet contains many people who aren't Corbynistas - and yet he's the one who can't bear criticism.

And yes, many Labour MPs aren't happy with him but we have Tory MPs openly plotting to vote agains their own leader - but it's Corbyn who is the problem.

You illustrate my point exactly - Corbyn is being judged by completely different standards to Johnson, by the press and by NSCers (I agree about his lack of intellect though - I think Corbyn's a decent bloke but he's not the sharpest tool in the box: Johnson, despite his image, is no fool)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was discussing this the other day, imagine for one moment the Brexit referendum was never on Cameron’s radar, in 2015 he won the first working majority for his party since 1992 and probably heading for a third term next year in what would have been 2020 election.

Tories privately must be kicking themselves, we'd be in a budget surplus by now.

They are no longer the party of business, UK business will leave in their droves if there is no deal.

D

Deleted member 22389

We have been into recession on a regular basis, what goes up must come down and so on, this is a common pattern we WILL deal with it and life will go on.

However, if we do not leave the EU it will kick off for years to come and will be far more damaging to our country forever.

Leave means Leave.

The sooner those clowns in the Labour, Lib dem and tw+ts like Rory (undercover) Stewart, start to get behind any sensible Brexit deal the better.

Spot on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
BBC catch up . How the middle class ruined Britain

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And now Chloe Westley is number 10s Digital Advisor. Basically a hotline to Steve Bannon.

This is a disgraceful appointment and MUST be heavily challenged. Oh yeah but Parliament is now in recess. The Conservatives have gone down an extremely dark path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Leave means Leave.

Fine. But don’t come running to the tax payer for benefits when the construction sector has laid you off. Stand by your word and weather the storm.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010

Leave means Leave.

#projectfear2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here