Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just watching Tory MP 'Sir' Bill Cash being interviewed live on Sky. Patently obvious right now that none of these freaks will have altered their stance one iota six months down the line. Same as it ever was.

Indeed. And he always gets called on by the Speaker. He's the Chair of European Scrutiny (Select) Committee which gives him many opportunities to say exactly the same thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which EU are you? Common market, eec, EU, full Union?

There's only one EU, the one I voted to remain in. The common market and EEC are not the EU.

Did you know which you wanted when you voted leave, Customs Union or Hard Border ? or do I need to explain the question ?

You see, I think this is the root of the problem we are facing. If you don't know which you want, you can see that the government may struggle a little to give you what you think you voted for :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
There's only one EU, the common market and EEC are not the EU :shrug:

Did you know what you wanted when you voted leave, Customs Union or Hard Border ? or do I need to explain the question ?
YES, THE GREAT COMMON AGRICULTURAL POLICY THAT MORPHED INTO EU DICTATORSHIP:dunce: , good old Ted sailing into the sunset, what type of Brexit are you going to settle for ?
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There's only one EU, the common market and EEC are not the EU :shrug:

Did you know what you wanted when you voted leave, Customs Union or Hard Border ? or do I need to explain the question ?

Why are you so rude and condescending? You asked a very irrelevant question so I returned an equally irrelevant one. You know very well that issues regarding the Irish border were very low down in most remain and leavers priorities when considering the vote.

My own personal view is that I want an independent England, I would like Northern Irish independence along with Welsh and Scottish. Not a popular view on here with lots of people but never mind. Maybe that answers your question?

Jan 30, 2008
Why are you so rude and condescending? You asked a very irrelevant question so I returned an equally irrelevant one. You know very well that issues regarding the Irish border were very low down in most remain and leavers priorities when considering the vote.

My own personal view is that I want an independent England, I would like Northern Irish independence along with Welsh and Scottish. Not a popular view on here with lots of people but never mind. Maybe that answers your question?
angry little man syndrome ???
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why are you so rude and condescending? You asked a very irrelevant question so I returned an equally irrelevant one. You know very well that issues regarding the Irish border were very low down in most remain and leavers priorities even considering the vote.

My own personal view is that I want an independent England, I would like Northern Irish independence asking with Welsh and Scottish. Not a popular view on here with lots of people but never mind. Maybe that answers your question?

Thank you for your answer, and I believe I asked an extremely relevant question which you avoided.

I think you seriously underestimate a LOT of people if you think that this issue was low down on most people's priorities. It was highlighted as one of the biggest issues prior to referendum and, 3 years on, remains one of the biggest issues.

Northern Irish independence would certainly answer the question as if they were independent they could decide whether they wanted to be in the EU or not and the border issue would be theirs alone to resolve. Same as [MENTION=3791]Westdean Seagull[/MENTION] and his 'United Ireland'. However, neither of those are going to happen in the next 6 months.

So, if you want to leave in 6 months time and ignoring the United Ireland and NI independence, as they won't happen in the next 6 years,

you still have to decide, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They have and are making preparations in case of a no deal. If you think they’re literally going to build hard infrastructure now, just-in-case, then you are even more stupid than I thought.

Go and read about what they have planned, go and read about the plans and legislation they have prepared and “put on a shelf “, as the Irish said, to roll out and quickly pass though their Parliament in case of a no deal. It all on the internet, in the papers etc.

You have used this line of argument before. It holds no water.

Sincerest apologies for not replying sooner HT (apparently I have a life after all).

Calling other people stupid then showing off your own glaring ignorance/stupidity ... same old same old.

France started building no deal infrastructure back in January the reason Ireland hasn't is because they are in talks to find 'alternative' solutions. Go and read what they have planned or legislated for and show me the bit where it says they will install/build a hard border.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
France started building no deal infrastructure back in January the reason Ireland hasn't is because they are in talks to find 'alternative' solutions. Go and read what they have planned or legislated for and show me the bit where it says they will install/build a hard border.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46961982

It is "obvious" there will be a hard border in Ireland in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the European Commission's chief spokesman has said. :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Which one, a Customs Union one or a Hard Border one ?

*** yawn *** It doesn't matter how many times you ask the question ..... it's still a stupid question. You're beginning to resemble one of those old dribbly blokes that sits at the end of a pub bar ( a bad pub ) and mutters to themselves before shouting out to the whole bar a question. While the rest of the bar just laughs because you've got stale piss all over your trousers.

The reason very few people have answered your stupid question is that it's not valid - the choice isn't as binary as that - and at the point of the referendum neither of those options were on the paper ( I refer you to the local village idiot, Plooks, who kept banging on about 'if it wasn't on the ballot paper it wasn't voted for' - one of your remainer mates who almost makes 2Ps look sane ).

Your search function that you're so proud of seems to have abandoned you though - because if you looked back, or bothered to remember, I have attempted to answer your stupid question by listing my prefered outcomes in order - more than two of them so making your binary question invalid.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thank you for your answer, and I believe I asked an extremely relevant question which you avoided.

I think you seriously underestimate a LOT of people if you think that this issue was low down on most people's priorities. It was highlighted as one of the biggest issues prior to referendum and, 3 years on, remains one of the biggest issues.

Northern Irish independence would certainly answer the question as if they were independent they could decide whether they wanted to be in the EU or not and the border issue would be theirs alone to resolve. Same as [MENTION=3791]Westdean Seagull[/MENTION] and his 'United Ireland'. However, neither of those are going to happen in the next 6 months.

So, if you want to leave in 6 months time and ignoring the United Ireland and NI independence, as they won't happen in the next 6 years,

you still have to decide, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

You asked a question that was irrelevant to the question about a second referendum, imo of course.

Again, personally, I have nothing against the Irish, be they Northern or from Eire. Then again neither have I anything against the French. So their border question is not the most pressing thing about Brexit.

Have you a link regarding the importance of the Irish border question that backs up your claim, not doubting you but on my phone ATM and the search isn't all that great or maybe I'm asking the question in the wrong way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here