Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
german transfer deadline day is sunday right? therefore we will likely know Saturday at 2pm. If Jurgs is playing or even on the bench then he's staying. Club wouldnt risk a potential loan deal on the last day by playing him in case he got injured.
Monday 2nd Sept.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
"Maupay may come good" - sounds like he's being regarded as a failure so far already! A brand new £20M striker (isri't that what everybody was shouting for?) who has so far scored 1 in 3. Asking him to 'come good' seems a bit of a cheek to me!

PS. Sky Sports News now broadcasting the Locadia loan interest story.

It is too early to know yet. He may turn out to W really good, he may not, time will tell!

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
He had an ok preseason and I thought he would push on. Maybe it's just one of those signings which doesn't work out. AJ seems to be another!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Relieved. He's got some talent for sure, alas a relegation battle in the EPL is a murderous environment to nurture it. Hopefully it will happen for him elsewhere and we can get some money back on him. Maupay in his short stints already looks miles better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As long as they are paying his wages, it’s makes sense for the club. His last performance was a disgrace IMO, could scarcely believe his touch and fitness, strange as he featured a lot throughout pre-season, you can only assume Potter has given him a chance and is not impressed. Shame really, as I think he’s a good instinctive finisher.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
GP isn't afraid to play young players and as AC had a stormer last night he will be at least on the bench Saturday.
Locadia is history I reckon and will go down as our Dutch Billy Paynter

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm amazed that there's been nobody in the recruitment team moving on 'by mutual consent'. The failure to strengthen the first team last season was abysmal despite the tens of millions of quid pissed up the wall.

That's partly what I was saying earlier. Questions need to be asked, IMO...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yes, identifying Maupay and Trossard -- both of whom scored on their PL debuts -- alongside many, many more successful transfer windows is cause for a quiet push :shrug:

That they were his is a big assumption.
We'll never know, and i will always back Bloom. But there has to be a slight concern that he seems responsible for breaking our transfer record twice on players who look Championship level.

Of course it doesn't always work.
Leicester have had a whole host of duds in recent seasons for instance.
But it'd be irresponsible not question these signings. Imagine, for instance, being Potter, knowing how important new signings will be in your Albion career, and inheriting Ali J and Locadia and being informed they were two gems discovered by Winstanley. If I was Potter i might back my own man more.

(Just playing devils advocate here mostly but it's an important issue)

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Potter's man AND probably more crucially, Dan Ashworth. Hopefully we'll have seen the last of such abject nonsense as buying multiple players that don't even have work permits to play in this country. And oddly enough, this time around we appear to have signed players that can slot right into the first team without a year's worth of excuses. Welcome return to the basics of recruitment maybe? Certainly looks like it.

We have a player who is currently in the Argentina squad, playing CM for Boca Juniors and you are calling his signing nonsense? Tau looked like the best player on the same pitch as Salah a few weeks ago. Sure the recruitment team have made some mistakes but it looks like a certainty that we will make a profit on both if they don't end up playing here and there's still a fair chance they do next year.

If Trossard had failed we'd have the same complaints about buying players from Belgium/ the Netherlands. It doesn't seem like there's any real change in strategy to me: we just made a couple of bad signings in Locadia and Ali J.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That they were his is a big assumption.
We'll never know, and i will always back Bloom. But there has to be a slight concern that he seems responsible for breaking our transfer record twice on players who look Championship level.

Of course it doesn't always work.
Leicester have had a whole host of duds in recent seasons for instance.
But it'd be irresponsible not question these signings. Imagine, for instance, being Potter, knowing how important new signings will be in your Albion career, and inheriting Ali J and Locadia and being informed they were two gems discovered by Winstanley. If I was Potter i might back my own man more.

(Just playing devils advocate here mostly but it's an important issue)

Having PL status and money is a new thing for us.

Guess what? I have a feeling that when a PL club signs a player, this does not automatically mean the player will be a success, and the team will become better and better, season after season, until they win the PL, FA cup and CL every season.

Instead I have a feeling that some signings work out and others don't, but when a club is playing in the PL the costs will be higher than they had been before, and this may appear disconcerting.

I also have a feeling that bears shit in the woods. Could be wrong, of course....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's partly what I was saying earlier. Questions need to be asked, IMO...

Not sure [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] has the answers, to be fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fact that maupay wasn’t even on the bench last night and Murray played the full 90 says all you need to know namely that maupay will be our starting striker for the foreseeable future

Locardia wasn't on the bench either....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not sure [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] has the answers, to be fair.

I have a selection of answers I can present for you Harry.

Please tell me what the question is.

Today I have issued 3 answers on various subjects...
Are any of them applicable here ?

1) Kilimanjaro
2) Stuart Hall
3) The Rampant Rabbit.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1) Kilimanjaro
2) Stuart Hall
3) The Rampant Rabbit.

Can I have 2 from the top, 1 from the middle and three from the bottom please?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

1) Kilimanjaro
2) Stuart Hall
3) The Rampant Rabbit.

It has to be the rampant rabbit. Top work. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here