Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Remind me who is propping up the Tories?

Aye, that'll be members of the 'You-ner-nist ker-mune-idee', so it will. Such as the leader of The DUP Mrs Arlene Foster MLA pictured below with David 'Dee' Stitt of The UDA. (They were probably just having a wee bit of craic, so there were.)

2016-10-27_new_25842000_I1.JPG

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reading this thread, seeing how you treat eachother and the complete incapacity of dealing with people who dont think exactly like yourself and throwing personal insults and calling names, I more and more feel the best solution is to nuke everything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aye, that'll be members of the 'You-ner-nist ker-mune-idee', so it will. Such as the leader of The DUP Mrs Arlene Foster MLA pictured below with David 'Dee' Stitt of The UDA. (They were probably just having a wee bit of craic, so there were.)

View attachment 115023

Indeed. The 'traitor Corbyn' trope just doesn't work anymore. Not now the tories have invited terrorist supporters like Foster into the government and are allowing them to dictate our future.

That trope has surely long bolted the stable. It won't stop the 'stick a blue rosette on a pig and I'll vote for it' brigade from having a go, though. Communist. Traitor. IRA sympathizer if not actual member. Hamas supporter. Muslim sympathizer. Antisemite. Wants 70 million Turks to swamp the UK. Frightened of facing Boris in a general election. Boring!

And I don't even like the bloke. So very odd that he now looks an order of magnitude more statesmanlike than Boris the liar. Boris has single-handedly made Corbyn look good for the first time since he left Narnia for Islington more than 70 years ago. Top work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reading this thread, seeing how you treat eachother and the complete incapacity of dealing with people who dont think exactly like yourself and throwing personal insults and calling names, I more and more feel the best solution is to nuke everything.

We are contractually obliged to ask for permission from Trump if we decide that that is the best way forward. Fortunately parliament now seems to have grown sufficient balls to stop silly bloody petulant solutions to everything. :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The EU Council have previously said in a joint statement that the extension period cannot go beyond Oct 31st.If there is an extension request I predict with my powers they will either A/stick to that and say no extension or B/fold and agree to a further extension.

View attachment 115014

Can't even get that right :facepalm:

How to 'Do a Meg'

Step 1. Make a prediction (preferably a few months or even years before the event)

But the only thing that is certain is that we are not leaving on 29th March 2019 with a WTO 'no deal', and anyone who still thinks we are must be a little 'challenged' :lolol:

Step 2. Let others claim you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about

Eh? Crash out with a No Deal Brexit?
Did you not get the memo from Watford Zero?
Even though the UK and EU are preparing for No Deal Brexit, and the EU further legislated for it last week and the PM only this week further stated that “An extension cannot take no deal off the table”
You must surely be aware a magic ball speaks to Watford zero and has told him a No Deal Brexit is impossible.

Step 3. And this is THE important one. Don't gloat after the event :wink:

It's all here, if you want to practice https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=8834257&highlight=challenged#post8834257

Spooky Huh ?

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

Last edited:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I have a question after reading this from the BBC;-

"What if the EU asks for a different date?
Mr Benn's bill sets the length of any further extension to three months.
But if the other EU states respond with a different date, Mr Johnson would be forced to accept it unless MPs vote to reject it within two days."

Could the EU come back and extend the date to,say, Jan 31st 2030, and then if MP,s vote not to reject it,we, in theory will remain in the EU.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I think it is in Hunts best interest to stay quiet and away from the limelight - once this is all over he will be leading the pack to be next leader.

Same could be argued for Watson.

Yeah, that's what I think. There is no reason for Hunt to get involved as he's now only a very minor figure in the Government, the best thing for him to do is bide his time. Come a new Tory leadership race he can distance himself from the likes of Gove and Javid and Raab who stayed close to Johnson.

I'm not sure about Watson.

I have a question after reading this from the BBC;-

"What if the EU asks for a different date?
Mr Benn's bill sets the length of any further extension to three months.
But if the other EU states respond with a different date, Mr Johnson would be forced to accept it unless MPs vote to reject it within two days."

Could the EU come back and extend the date to,say, Jan 31st 2030, and then if MP,s vote not to reject it,we, in theory will remain in the EU.

They could, but they wouldn't. It wouldn't get through Parliament, so it'd be a pointless extension date. A long postponement of the leave date brings nothing but uncertainty. We would have at least two elections in that time frame for example.

If Boris Johnson still had a majority and was willing to negotiate past the 31st October, a delay until the end of Jan 2020 (or perhaps a bit longer if the EU suggested) it would be enough time to sort out the new deal and potentially get it through Parliament.

That's not the case though, so a longer delay may be needed if after the coming election the House is made up in a very different way.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah, that's what I think. There is no reason for Hunt to get involved as he's now only a very minor figure in the Government, the best thing for him to do is bide his time. Come a new Tory leadership race he can distance himself from the likes of Gove and Javid and Raab who stayed close to Johnson.

I'm not sure about Watson.

They could, but they wouldn't. It wouldn't get through Parliament, so it'd be a pointless extension date. A long postponement of the leave date brings nothing but uncertainty. We would have at least two elections in that time frame for example.

If Boris Johnson still had a majority and was willing to negotiate past the 31st October, a delay until the end of Jan 2020 (or perhaps a bit longer if the EU suggested) it would be enough time to sort out the new deal and potentially get it through Parliament.

That's not the case though, so a longer delay may be needed if after the coming election the House is made up in a very different way.

I think they will say a year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A day later :lolol:

2 days later :lolol::lolol:

9 hours later :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Even Johnson leaves it longer than that between U-turns :facepalm:

Congratualtions. You are now the owner of a pair of mouldy boots.

(I'd bin them asap, to be fair).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Indeed. The 'traitor Corbyn' trope just doesn't work anymore. Not now the tories have invited terrorist supporters like Foster into the government and are allowing them to dictate our future.

That trope has surely long bolted the stable. It won't stop the 'stick a blue rosette on a pig and I'll vote for it' brigade from having a go, though. Communist. Traitor. IRA sympathizer if not actual member. Hamas supporter. Muslim sympathizer. Antisemite. Wants 70 million Turks to swamp the UK. Frightened of facing Boris in a general election. Boring!

And I don't even like the bloke. So very odd that he now looks an order of magnitude more statesmanlike than Boris the liar. Boris has single-handedly made Corbyn look good for the first time since he left Narnia for Islington more than 70 years ago. Top work.

I did think that the high water mark of Corbyn was going to be 2017, which he failed to capitalise on, but Johnson has put his star firmly back into the ascendancy. Whether Corbyn can build on this opportunity now remains to be seen, but if nothing else, it's utterly hilarious to watch Johnson and what he's inadvertently managed to do and the reaction to it. :lolol:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
That is it's legal status, and always has been for referendums in the UK. The one exception is the referendum that could have been required under the European Union Act 2011, which gave a referendum legal force to prevent treaty changes between the EU and the UK.

I am not sure why the Referendum being only advisory is relevant as the Government has carried out the result in good faith. If we had a second Referendum that would be only advisory as well so i can`t see why Remain posters think it is significant enough to make this point . Why is it so important to be mentioned ? Its getting a bit confusing !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not sure why the Referendum being only advisory is relevant as the Government has carried out the result in good faith. If we had a second Referendum that would be only advisory as well so i can`t see why Remain posters think it is significant enough to make this point . Why is it so important to be mentioned ? Its getting a bit confusing !

Maybe you wouldn't be quite so confused if you stuck to one username/account.

Jan 30, 2008

Fair comment , when you have people putting others on ignore because they don't like what they say says an awful lot ,bordering on communism /far left behaviour some would say
Regards
DF

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22260]albion68[/MENTION] both signing onto NSC at the same time and both posting on the Brexit thread.

Who would have thought it :facepalm:

*edit*

Now, wouldn't it be amusing if the same Mod that edited Ppf's sign-off checked and, when they find out it's a duplicate account, added the sign off to albion68 :whistle:

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Communist. Traitor. IRA sympathizer if not actual member. Hamas supporter. Muslim sympathizer. Antisemite. Wants 70 million Turks to swamp the UK.

And still finds time to make his own jam. That’s next level multitasking!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fair comment , when you have people putting others on ignore because they don't like what they say says an awful lot ,bordering on communism /far left behaviour some would say
Regards
DF

Some poor soul a few threads back even admitted not talking to the majority of his work colleagues as a result in the majority not agreeing with him on Brexit, have a guess as to wether he’s a remain or leave supporter[emoji23]

I think this little enclave is really representative of the real world, most ordinary folk just want whoever is responsible to get on with it, we’ve had enough of Brexshit now deal or no deal

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22260]albion68[/MENTION] both signing onto NSC at the same time and both posting on the Brexit thread.

Who would have thought it :facepalm:

*edit*

Now, wouldn't it be amusing if the same Mod that edited Ppf's sign-off checked and, when they find out it's a duplicate account, added the sign off to albion68 :whistle:

No Ppf is nothing to do with me ,all my own views .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here