NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ryan 8 - two great saves
Montoya 6 - played them onside a few times so marked down
Bernardo 8 - a brilliant signing.
Duffy 6 - a bit ponderous at times.
Balogun 7 - okay.
Locadia 9 - he’s finding his groove.
Stephens 4 - usual slowing down of the game and attacks and sideways/backwards passing. That moment where he had the ball and played it to Duffy, got the return ball and played it straight back to Duffy when he had time, space and options up field sums him up.
Propper 9 - class.
March 5 - the weakest link.
Gross 6 - getting closer to his best. Great first half, faded in second but guess he’s not quite match fit.
Murray 6 - Andone should have replaced him at half time.

Stephens was the one with a no. 6 on his back.........
........ I thought he and Propper ran the midfield.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
how much incoherent and false shit you come out with

you're a hopeless case.

You utter numpty.

As I said, you have a rep for getting angry, aggressive and personal at the very first instance when folk have a different opinion to you. As I demonstrated earlier, I’m more than happy to engage and reconsider. But I have better things to do with my time than argue the toss over a midfielder with the likes of you.

Have a nice evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 8 Kept us in game
Montoya 7 ok
Duffy 7 ok
Balagon 6 Good on ball just needs to know sometimes best to hoof
Barnardo 7 Good apart from crosses
Stevens 5 Not a fan and would prefer Bassouma/Kayal. Dont know what he does apart from stay between half way line and our goal but thankfully Manager does.
Propper 7 Have been waiting for him to get more involved at home games going forward and yesterday was the day.
Gross 5 Hope last season wasnt a one off. Way off the pace now and would like to see Bassouma play there
Murray 5 Not his fault. On his own and little mid field support.
Locadia 7 Such an improvement. Just shows what game time can do.
March 3 Would love to see local player come good but had terrible game. I fear him and Knockhaert who will prob take his place on Sat are now out of there depth.

Manager All credit it worked achieved his usual aim of staying in game and could have nicked a win. However if Arsenal had got a winner sure many would agree that Andone,Bissouma and Knockhaert should have been on at 50/55 mins

Any chance you could rate based on the actual game rather than your fixed views ? Literally nothing you’ve posted above in relation to DS refers to the Arsenal game.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ryan 8 Kept us in game
Montoya 7 ok
Duffy 7 ok
Balagon 6 Good on ball just needs to know sometimes best to hoof
Barnardo 7 Good apart from crosses
Stevens 5 Not a fan and would prefer Bassouma/Kayal. Dont know what he does apart from stay between half way line and our goal but thankfully Manager does.
Propper 7 Have been waiting for him to get more involved at home games going forward and yesterday was the day.
Gross 5 Hope last season wasnt a one off. Way off the pace now and would like to see Bassouma play there
Murray 5 Not his fault. On his own and little mid field support.
Locadia 7 Such an improvement. Just shows what game time can do.
March 3 Would love to see local player come good but had terrible game. I fear him and Knockhaert who will prob take his place on Sat are now out of there depth.

Manager All credit it worked achieved his usual aim of staying in game and could have nicked a win. However if Arsenal had got a winner sure many would agree that Andone,Bissouma and Knockhaert should have been on at 50/55 mins
Bernado was ace apart from one mistake that could have been but wasn`t disastrous. So 7 mean i`d go for 8 or 9. Stevens played as well as I`ve seen him play. Very commanding, 5 gotta be joking I`d give him 8. March 3 again gotta be joking, 3 means shit. I`ll give him a five or six. Gross again you`ve been harsh 7 from me.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
This was my annual pilgrimage game so I will give my ratings, even if a bit late.

Ryan. 8 Amazing 2 saves to keep us in it when we were clearly out of our depth
Montoya 7 Good as the game went on, his challenge was harsh though as the studs were showing. Overall a good contribution.
Duffy. 7 It would be an 8 for the last 60 min, loved his domination once Arsenal were forced to go long. it in the first 20 min he looked pretty troubled.
Balagon. 6 His dallying was right in front of me and painful to watch. Took what looked totally innocent to being a goal. Is a great footballer, but we cannot have the mistakes. He will clearly learn and improve though.
Bernardo. 7 I love his athleltic ability, did not see his mistakes that have been mentioned, but saw his effort to always get back into position.
Locadia. 8 MOTM for his forward movement, was such an outlet and threat I think he was mostly responsible for Arsenal's meltdown in the 2nd half, as they could not over commit or he kept popping up behind them. He could have done better with his 2nd chance but hey ho.
Stevens. 7 Many have rated him higher but my impression during the game was that he gave some good passes and made tackles, but also made some bad mistakes and slowed our progress unnecessarily. A great player, but not his best night.
Propper 7 I saw his mis hit shot when who well placed and cannot give him an 8 because of it. Otherwise did very well.
March. 7 Loved his work and effort. His chance was not so easy but was really painful as I thought it would be in. Still his work rate and link up play was very good.
Gross. 7 Actually thought he did very well in tight spaces, his ball control is the best on the team. Could have done more in open spaces though and was off the pace.
Murray. 6 I was disappointed in him, as he had a great cut back from March and clearly mis-hit in the first half, this is what we do not expect from him.

Subs- All very late, can understand as we were playing well, but it felt frustrating give who was on tap.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Watching on TV I thought March played pretty well although he faded in the last 20 minutes and really should have done better with his chance. Him and Locadia looked dangerous throughout the game to me. Maybe that's the difference from being at the game and watching on t.v at 3.am...:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stevens. Many have rated him higher but my impression during the game was that he gave some good passes and made tackles, but also made some bad mistakes and slowed our progress unnecessarily. A great player, but not his best night.

This is also how I, and a few others, saw Stephens’ performance. Good luck as you will be challenged over this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He gave a seven, you gave a four. Have you watched the highlights yet?

Not yet. I’ll get round to it, I promise. Out of interest, how did you find the rest of my ratings?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i think Bernardo's contribution was more telling than people give him credit for as a positive outlet pushing forward he helped take the game to arsenal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i think Bernardo's contribution was more telling than people give him credit for as a positive outlet pushing forward he helped take the game to arsenal.

I agree with this. I also think he will be the first Prem player we will see bids from other clubs coming in. His progression has been quite startling and he’s still young and learning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 8 Did his job to keep us in the game
Montoya 7 Showed that the end for Bruno could be near
Duffy 7 Good to see him back be better when it is with Dunk
Balogun 6 Good no 3 choice CB but has the one mistake in him as Dunk did a couple of years ago so perhaps he will improve similarly.,
Bernardo 7 Had a torrid start but improved as the game wore on now established as first choice left back.
March 6 very frustrating promises a lot produces littl;e time for a change perhaps
Stephens 7 We are so much better as a team with our engine
Propper 9 Just getting better but needs a goal MOM
Locadia 8 Looked to be a useful buy and shut up the critics hopefully
Gross 7 Getting back to his best
Murray 6 Did his job but not at his best should have come off earlier.

Subs
Andone 6 should have been on to inject more pace when GM got his yellow card.
Knockaert 6 Must be given a chance instead of March soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ryan - 10. Literally, he could have done no more. Two outstanding saves, dealt well with crosses, kicking excellent. Flawless.
Bernardo - 8. Excellent. Great athleticism, and no little skill. One terrible error on the edge of our box - got lucky.
Montoya - 7. Decent on the whole. Lunge was reckless - yellow was correct, but could have cost us the game.
Balogun - 6. Generally good, but two errors led to the goal conceded - the second of them really poor.
Duffy - 8. Shaky start, then utterly dominant. Lacazette shat himself every time the ball went up in the air.
Stephens - 8.5. Outstanding. Never have so many fans' assessments of a player been so bizarre. Did all his normal Stephens' stuff well, AND contributed numerous quality defence-splitting passes. What more can a DM do?
Pröpper - 8.5. Class act.
Groß - 7.5. Looking close to himself again. Fitness a bit lacking, understandably.
March - 6. Not his best day, but as ever totally reliable defensively. Big chance to win it went begging.
Locadia - 8. Comfortably his best showing. To get onto that loose ball for the goal, having started his run in our box, showed a previously unseen level of commitment and desire. Fair play.
Murray - 6. Slightly below par for Glenn. All-round play fine, but missed two chances first half that he'd expect to do better with.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree with this. I also think he will be the first Prem player we will see bids from other clubs coming in. His progression has been quite startling and he’s still young and learning.

I agree with this. He's a stunning player and, while recognising he's only started 8 or 10 PL games, I'm not so sure I've identified a weakness in his game yet (others might point to the two passages of over-elaborate play near our area against Arsenal, but I'll forgive him that for being generally bold).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree with this. He's a stunning player and, while recognising he's only started 8 or 10 PL games, I'm not so sure I've identified a weakness in his game yet (others might point to the two passages of over-elaborate play near our area against Arsenal, but I'll forgive him that for being generally bold).

He will get out of trouble with flair far more times than he'll get in it.

One to watch closely for a few years for beyond that I fear he will be playing for a top side.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not yet. I’ll get round to it, I promise. Out of interest, how did you find the rest of my ratings?

I'm not here to judge, honest! Just your Stephens 4 was shocking! I'd give montoya and Bernardo the same, thought inigo was very good.

Propper you gave 9, and I might be inclined to do the same. I gave him a set of 4 & 5's for his Burnley, Chelsea and Bournemouth performances, and am not really a fan, but will fully admit he was great on Wednesday, and I'm imploring you to find the same Christmas spirit for our Dale ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here