Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think this is not uncommon. I’m fairly interested, but Mrs Hamilton couldn’t give a toss. She’ll happily go to the Amex and is a Liverpool fan, but women’s football she won’t give up any time to.

I think this is a problem for the women’s game at the moment. Women don’t like women’s football yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is the same ,she loves to watch the Albion or Englands Mens team ,but really doesnt like the Womens game .
I think the frustrating thing is the need by commentators etc to compare the Women with the Men and invariably run the Men down and make silly comments to try and be ultra pc when what they should be doing is commenting on the Womens game in its own right regardless how the Men play .

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
My wife is the same ,she loves to watch the Albion or Englands Mens team ,but really doesnt like the Womens game .
I think the frustrating thing is the need by commentators etc to compare the Women with the Men and invariably run the Men down and make silly comments to try and be ultra pc when what they should be doing is commenting on the Womens game in its own right regardless how the Men play .

Yep, I've actually enjoyed women's football a lot more once I've stopped comparing it to the men's game and basically treated it as a sport on its own merits. Also agree that the habit of now merging stats with the men's game, such as so-and-so overtaking Klose to be the leading scorer in World Cup history, as laughable and really not doing the cause any favours.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chile needed to win by 3 to go through to a knockout game with England.

2-0 up in the 86th minute, get a penalty, Thailand keeper yellow carded for foul and would get a 2nd yellow for stepping off the line....

Hit the bar. :wozza:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just read that the idiots advocating equal pay for men and women are up in arms with Kane earning £200k per week and Ellen White only on £80k when both are Englands main striker Both are good to watch but no comparison on ability and there diesnt need to be.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just about to watch the game vs Cameroon, my first ever women’s game.

Shame the hesgoal stream is pretty ropey quality.

Maybe it should be shesgoal for this one.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure why that elbow is not a red card. VAR seems to review loads of shite but not something as obvious as that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 2719

Lucy Bronze is quality, she remind me of Wayne Bridge.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Standard is noticeably higher these days. It's a good watch.The higher profile of the women's game has helped as well as professional contracts.

D

Deleted member 2719

VAR tastic.:clap2:

There is a lot of testosterone in that Cameroon side.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
God VAR is a shambles isn’t it. Games constantly descending into farce.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here