Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wonder what the real reason is that they have done this. The reason they give makes no sense. Everyone who bought a ticket knew at the time that the fixture could change yet still purchased a ticket. They now have to do double the work, ie refund 3000 tickets and then resell 3000. Surely the vast majority of those ticket holders understood the situation and aren't looking for a refund so why has the club decided this, out of the so called 'other options', was the best? Surely if a small minority were complaining then just refund them and resell their tickets, it's not rocket science.

People with the higher loyalty points had choice of seats. Now, it will just be a binfest and in theory, you might not get seats together. Also, I didn't see it mentioned but I presume they will be refunding the booking fees as well!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think on balance the club have got this right and are responding to emails and calls from significant number of fans otherwise they wouldn’t have done anything..

They won’t have wanted to do it as it’s an administrative ball ache so the idea that it’s been done deliberately to piss off fans is ludicrous.

Many going to matches go in pairs or groups, so if some in the group can’t make the rearranged date then this will leave random gaps and those replacing them wanting to stand with their mates will now be able to do so once the new date is known, which could easily be a couple of months away.

It’s a painless exercise to apply for a ticket which people do as a matter of course for regular away matches so no difference here surely?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
This has really annoyed me. Carefully monitored the situation to secure front row, upper tier seats (kids in tow) but now it sounds like there is very little chance of doing similar in the free-for-all one day sale period. They shouldn't have put the tickets on sale in the first place, there was always a good chance the game would have to be moved.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The f-ing annoying bit is the 1 day window to re-apply.

How are the club going to prompt me ?

.. or do I have to check the website every day.

On balance I think they should have just left it and given a window to cancel.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
God! You’re a happy bunny.

I'm feeling good it has to be said! The fact that the club employers complete fools in senior positions is neither a surprise nor a disappointment any longer. It is merely the price of relative success it seems.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think on balance the club have got this right and are responding to emails and calls from significant number of fans otherwise they wouldn’t have done anything..

They won’t have wanted to do it as it’s an administrative ball ache so the idea that it’s been done deliberately to piss off fans is ludicrous.

Many going to matches go in pairs or groups, so if some in the group can’t make the rearranged date then this will leave random gaps and those replacing them wanting to stand with their mates will now be able to do so once the new date is known, which could easily be a couple of months away.

It’s a painless exercise to apply for a ticket which people do as a matter of course for regular away matches so no difference here surely?

So, why did the club put them on sale in the first place?
The could have waited until after the second leg of the league cup, and then put them on sale soon after if the game was on 24th Feb.

theboybilly

I'm with [MENTION=1105]Roadrunner[/MENTION] on this. Whereas he has kids to think of I, like many, try to get a seat where somebody won't stand in front of me. At Stamford Bridge an Upper Tier front row seat is ideal but I bet there will be a few 'standers' looking to buy seats in that row. It was the same at Everton and Liverpool and arguments took place. I now have to face a battle to get the same or similar seat for the rearranged date. This could so easily have been avoided as all parties knew this was a possibilty a fortnight before the Semi-final. It is so unnecessary

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This is ridiculous. The club's argument that the rearranged fixture might come at too short notice doesn't do it for me. Surely the majority of people know now whether or not they intend to go to the re-arranged game, given its midweek. And given its a relatively easy-to-get-to London ground, I would imagine most would. Obviously the specific week it falls on will affect some people, but not most I'd have thought. Surely give those who KNOW they won't go to a midweek game there a chance for a refund now, and allow others to keep their seats.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Perhaps. But they deserve (some) credit for getting there in the end.

The majority have bought already will go.They have just pissed off people who have got tickets and created a lot more admin than they needed to. Once they announced a date they would then give holders a couple of days to say don't want them. They then put any returns or spares out for sale.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well a lot of people probably won’t be able or want to go now, the ones who have plenty of points who got tickets can get tickets again so what’s the problem? Sometimes the club are in an impossible position .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Surely it depends on how many people were complaining? I'm sure it probably wasn't anywhere near 50%, probably much less. It hasn't exactly been a major topic of discussion on here!

I'd be interested to see what are the various likely dates being considered as there aren't too many midweek dates available due to Chelsea's ongoing Europa campaign. No need to worry about fa cup replays as we're now up to the fifth round. Seems there are four dates available so not sure why they can't agree on those? Chelsea play on Sunday throughout March but that would only mean we play on a Wed. If they progress through to the cup final then they will also need to rearrange games against Everton (16th March) and West Ham (6th April) so surely they need to get our game out of the way quick.

5/6th Feb
12/13 Feb Europa Rnd 32 1st Leg
19/20 Feb Europa Rnd 32 2nd Leg
26/27 Feb Chelsea at home to Spurs
5/6 Mar Europa Rnd 16 1st Leg
12/13 Mar Europa Rnd 16 2nd Leg
19/20 Mar
26/27 Mar International Week
2/3 Apr
9/10 Apr Europa Qtr Fn 1st Leg
16/17 Apr Europa Qtr Fn 2nd Leg
23/24 Apr
30/1 May Europa Semi 1st Leg
7/8 May Europa Semi 2nd Leg

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Surely it depends on how many people were complaining? I'm sure it probably wasn't anywhere near 50%, probably much less. It hasn't exactly been a major topic of discussion on here!

I'd be interested to see what are the various likely dates being considered as there aren't too many midweek dates available due to Chelsea's ongoing Europa campaign. No need to worry about fa cup replays as we're now up to the fifth round. Seems there are four dates available so not sure why they can't agree on those? Chelsea play on Sunday throughout March but that would only mean we play on a Wed. If they progress through to the cup final then they will also need to rearrange games against Everton (16th March) and West Ham (6th April) so surely they need to get our game out of the way quick.

5/6th Feb
12/13 Feb Europa Rnd 32 1st Leg
19/20 Feb Europa Rnd 32 2nd Leg
26/27 Feb Chelsea at home to Spurs
5/6 Mar Europa Rnd 16 1st Leg
12/13 Mar Europa Rnd 16 2nd Leg
19/20 Mar
26/27 Mar
2/3 Apr
9/10 Apr Europa Qtr Fn 1st Leg
16/17 Apr Europa Qtr Fn 2nd Leg
23/24 Apr
30/1 May Europa Semi 1st Leg
7/8 May Europa Semi 2nd Leg

I think those 2 free weeks in March are international weeks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Sorry don't agree.

The club were very clear when the tickets went om sale that the game could be moved for the League Cup final, so why are they pampering to those that decide they can't go now that the game has been moved. At this stage we don't know when the game will be played, so how do you know you can't make the rearranged date when it has yet to be announced.

I terms of reapplying yes its a relatively painless exercise, but instead of the tiered system you now have up to 3000 applications on one day when the window is open for those that had already brought a ticket. As I and others have said, where you get a ticket for the rearranged date may well be in a totally different area than the one you were happy with on the first release.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is ridiculous. The club's argument that the rearranged fixture might come at too short notice doesn't do it for me. Surely the majority of people know now whether or not they intend to go to the re-arranged game, given its midweek. And given its a relatively easy-to-get-to London ground, I would imagine most would. Obviously the specific week it falls on will affect some people, but not most I'd have thought. Surely give those who KNOW they won't go to a midweek game there a chance for a refund now, and allow others to keep their seats.
It's probably the easiest.

Brighton to Clapham Junction, Clapham Junction to Imperial Wharf (1 stop) or West Brompton (2 stops), it's then a brisk 15 min walk.

Incredibly annoying for me, since it means just getting off a train a few stops earlier ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK I couldn't give a stuff what day it is on.

:)

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well a lot of people probably won’t be able or want to go now, the ones who have plenty of points who got tickets can get tickets again so what’s the problem? Sometimes the club are in an impossible position .

Read the thread its clear what the issues are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here