Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This is what Paul Robinson thinks.

“I think it will all come down to the player’s drive and ambition and what he wants to achieve.

“He’s still very young but he’s been talked about in glowing terms and I think an international call-up is on the cards.

“Whether he goes to Brighton, whether he goes to Leeds or a Champions League club… there are a lot of permutations.

They don't get it do they. He is already a Brighton player and has been for six years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is what Paul Robinson thinks.

“I think it will all come down to the player’s drive and ambition and what he wants to achieve.

“He’s still very young but he’s been talked about in glowing terms and I think an international call-up is on the cards.

“Whether he goes to Brighton, whether he goes to Leeds or a Champions League club… there are a lot of permutations.

They don't get it do they. He is already a Brighton player and has been for six years.

“Whether he goes”? Hello? He’s here already mate.

Some real smarts there. It’s that perfect combination of arrogance, disrespect and stupidity [emoji108]

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
*Sigh*

A text book example how to clutch at desperate straws. If we won't sell BW to them, there's always '18 yr old defender Lewis Dunk'. Maybe a loan up there to gain experience.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-brighton-18691776

It's not that surprising that the Leeds faithful are so blinded to the reality of football (what a contract is, what the loan system is for, that other clubs exist, etc etc) when their local rag is printing such ill-informed drivel.

Whatever you say about Andy Naylor, he does actually understand how the world of football works. Seems like his Yorkshire counterpart has been locked in a time capsule for 16 years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And they keep saying we’re “cash strapped”, as if we’re still in League one.

I mean lads, we’ve been in PL coming up to our 4th consecutive season. If we’re cash strapped, what the hell are you?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
*Sigh*

A text book example how to clutch at desperate straws. If we won't sell BW to them, there's always '18 yr old defender Lewis Dunk'. Maybe a loan up there to gain experience.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-brighton-18691776

That article seems to follow a similar narrative to that seen on social media: Ben White should go to Leeds as he might not be good enough to get into Brighton's starting 11 every week, but he is first name on Leeds' team sheet. This theory clearly implies that Brighton have a stronger squad, so I'm scratching my head trying to work out how it reconciles with their standard prediction that Leeds will be top half next season, and Brighton will be relegation fodder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Close the thread. That pretty much sums up Leeds as a fanbase perfectly.

And people raise an eyebrow when English politicians claim we are better than the rest of the world, especially Europe, and particularly Germany, at everything: transport, housing, healthcare.

No, they don't raise an eyebrow (well a majority don't). They lap it up and vote conservative.

Leeds fans are simply doing what people in general (and English people in particular) do; make themselves feel better by sneering at others; the more they sneer the more superior and smug they feel. And if they live in a bubble they'll be none the wiser. A 'Champions of England' bubble, the finest bubble in the world.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That article seems to follow a similar narrative to that seen on social media: Ben White should go to Leeds as he might not be good enough to get into Brighton's starting 11 every week, but he is first name on Leeds' team sheet. This theory clearly implies that Brighton have a stronger squad, so I'm scratching my head trying to work out how it reconciles with their standard prediction that Leeds will be top half next season, and Brighton will be relegation fodder.

Not necessarily. That implies that Brighton have the better defence but may not have the best team. It's the as-long-as-we-score-more-goals-than-you approach - that one that has served Eddie Howe so well.

... oh

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And people raise an eyebrow when English politicians claim we are better than the rest of the world, especially Europe, and particularly Germany, at everything: transport, housing, healthcare.

No, they don't raise an eyebrow (well a majority don't). They lap it up and vote conservative.

Leeds fans are simply doing what people in general (and English people in particular) do; make themselves feel better by sneering at others; the more they sneer the more superior and smug they feel. And if they live in a bubble they'll be none the wiser. A 'Champions of England' bubble, the finest bubble in the world.

The irony of you calling people out for sneering is absolutely delectable.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not that surprising that the Leeds faithful are so blinded to the reality of football (what a contract is, what the loan system is for, that other clubs exist, etc etc) when their local rag is printing such ill-informed drivel.

Whatever you say about Andy Naylor, he does actually understand how the world of football works. Seems like his Yorkshire counterpart has been locked in a time capsule for 16 years.

The Yorkshire counterpart is Yorkshire Post/Evening Post.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Yorkshire counterpart is Yorkshire Post/Evening Post.

The Yorkshire Post is an excellent paper - one that I used to read regularly when I lived up there and I still look at.

The link that was posted was from a site called Leeds Live, which is a new one to me. It could be a freebie site, in which case the writer is not their equivalent of Naylor but their equivalent of HB&B,

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Because they and only they have the magic pixie dust that makes otherwise workaday defender Ben White turn into a world class player.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The Yorkshire Post is an excellent paper - one that I used to read regularly when I lived up there and I still look at.

The link that was posted was from a site called Leeds Live, which is a new one to me. It could be a freebie site, in which case the writer is not their equivalent of Naylor but their equivalent of HB&B,

Looks like Leeds-Live is owned by Mirror Group Newspapers so, yes, probably nothing more than the local free paper, albeit online only.

However, as someone who spent half a decade living in Sheffield, I don't recognise your description of the Yorkshire Evening Post at all. Wouldn't wrap chips in it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like Leeds-Live is owned by Mirror Group Newspapers so, yes, probably nothing more than the local free paper, albeit online only.

However, as someone who spent half a decade living in Sheffield, I don't recognise your description of the Yorkshire Evening Post at all. Wouldn't wrap chips in it.

About on a par with the Sheffield Star?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here