Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Alternatively giving the manager players to suit the style. That patently did not happen last season with the big money buys. None had played as defenders with attacking abilities which is what CH would have been requiring.

Maybe they will suit Potter’s tactics and therefore not too many will be required this year

Who knows? Not me that’s for sure but we are about to embark on a new chapter. Hopefully an exciting one.

From my limited research on Potter, if anything he will ask as much if not more tactical flexibility from his players than Hughton did. Potter's teams appear to be as comfortable switching from a back 3 to a back 6. The Osterund v Galatasaray tie is a really interesting one because up against a superior side, his tactics were far from this all out attack people seem to think we'll get every game. I'm really certain on this one, that the likes of AJ and Locadia will have as much defensive duty as they had last season. They may start further up the field, they may have license to cut inside more and hit the box, but they will simply have to defend and be defenders when needed.

I'm hoping for a bit of an evolution of our team, with a few new faces we might do okay. I think you're hoping for a minor miracle and that is only going to lead to a bit of frustration when it still resembles parts of last season (the good parts obviously, but still...). It will probably end up me being reasonably happy and you being frustrated with the football again come the winter. Let's bounce this then and see. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Positions we are already strong in. CM? You've got to be kidding - CM has got to be our priority to strengthen, it's our weakest link! Yes, I'm aware that some people think all our problems will be solved if we get a new striker - but even Messi wouldn't score many with the lack of supply and support provided by our usually over-run midfield.

The context really is that we were strong enough in those positions for Bissouma not to be starting every game. Mainly because he is an attacking midfield player but not a no.10. He is one player who I do think Potter could help transform, because even with tactics not suited to him, Bissouma showed his ability at times. Had he been a wide player performing at the level he was, or a forward, he would have played every minute - which is what I meant.

If we get to strengthen any position it would be a bonus, don't disagree with you there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From my limited research on Potter, if anything he will ask as much if not more tactical flexibility from his players than Hughton did. Potter's teams appear to be as comfortable switching from a back 3 to a back 6. The Osterund v Galatasaray tie is a really interesting one because up against a superior side, his tactics were far from this all out attack people seem to think we'll get every game. I'm really certain on this one, that the likes of AJ and Locadia will have as much defensive duty as they had last season. They may start further up the field, they may have license to cut inside more and hit the box, but they will simply have to defend and be defenders when needed.

I'm hoping for a bit of an evolution of our team, with a few new faces we might do okay. I think you're hoping for a minor miracle and that is only going to lead to a bit of frustration when it still resembles parts of last season (the good parts obviously, but still...). It will probably end up me being reasonably happy and you being frustrated with the football again come the winter. Let's bounce this then and see. :thumbsup:

:lolol: this thread is going to be bounced twice a week for the entire season.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
8982_320.jpg

He he he he - classic

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Indeed, let’s see where we are come winter :thumbsup:

I am sure Locadia and AJ will defend but they will be encouraged to attack as well and therefore should be far happier and more suited to the way we will play. We’ll see

Can I be quite clear that my expectations for this season are a relegation struggle but with some entertainment and excitement thrown in as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Argus reporting that any fee for him will 'very significantly eclipse the fee which saw Ulloa join him at the King Power Stadium five years ago'

Would suggest that the 10m business is wide of the mark.

Then The Sun is always correct though....

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Read somewhere £11m fee (£4m season loan fee, payable if they don't take up the option of the £11m purchase
Doubled his wages to £70k pw, £500k bonus if they stay up.
Who knows likely BS

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Argus reporting that any fee for him will 'very significantly eclipse the fee which saw Ulloa join him at the King Power Stadium five years ago'

Would suggest that the 10m business is wide of the mark.

Then The Sun is always correct though....

Read somewhere £11m fee (£4m season loan fee, payable if they don't take up the option of the £11m purchase
Doubled his wages to £70k pw, £500k bonus if they stay up.
Who knows likely BS

The same Argus article includes this:-

Albion will receive a loan fee worth several million pounds this season.

(Emphasis mine). The Argus therefore seems to be reporting that the loan fee will be paid regardless of whether the proposed sale actually happens.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The same Argus article includes this:-

(Emphasis mine). The Argus therefore seems to be reporting that the loan fee will be paid regardless of whether the proposed sale actually happens.

Loan fee plus or instead of wages, I wonder.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Knocky playing really well. As for the rest. He must be wondering what he has done to deserve this shower

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here