Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion posts losses of £14.7m

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I wonder if the losses include the income that we have seen so far from the AMEX shirt sponsorship deal?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I'm really interested as to how this could have happened? It has to be training ground costs right?

Puts the transfer window dealings into perspective, admittedly.

I don't think the training ground costs are included. The majority of it is the £6.1m increase in the playing budget from 2011-12 to 2012-13

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Where's El Pres?

Cooey!

Pointless saying too much until I see the statutory accounts. Need to see how much of the costs are disallowable for FFP purposes, and also the extent to which costs are non-recurring in nature (such as redundancy). It does show why the club was so keen to dismiss Poyet and his team without having to fully pay up their contracts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
An FA Cup semi final at Wembley might help the coffers. I wonder what sort of side will face Hull???....Full strength I hope.

Yes, and hopefully a defeat at Sunderland, and perhaps a draw or worse at home to Southampton will have Hull firmly in the relegation dog fight and forcing Bruce to be resting a fair few of their key players. :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One thing you can be sure of. Nobody on this thread is privy to the detail so it's all guesswork and not worth getting het up about - unless you don't trust the Board, and commercially we have no reason to distrust them.

If [MENTION=743]Henfield One[/MENTION] starts raising eyebrows, then I'll worry.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not surprised personally.
Anyone with common sense would have put as much debt as possible onto last years accounts to assist the next set of figures as its them that count for FFP.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
One thing you can be sure of. Nobody on this thread is privy to the detail so it's all guesswork and not worth getting het up about - unless you don't trust the Board, and commercially we have no reason to distrust them.

If @Henfield One starts raising eyebrows, then I'll worry.

The accounts are public.... what 'detail' are we not privy to?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bolton have lost £50 million, Leicester £30 million, Blackburn £36 million, Forest have not yet published their accounts.

Jeez those are large losses

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So when Poyet said he wasn't being backed last season with a budget, what he actually meant was an incrwase of £6.1m on the previous season wasn't enough for him?

I thought he said we had reached the ceiling.

Remember, according to TB, the playing budget has been INCREASED by 6% for Oscar compared to what Gus had last year.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Do you know this for sure? For instance how much did we pay Gus off. I don't think that would have been cheap

I imagine that the new sponsorship deals Barber has struck with Amex and Heineken etc will be worth a fair bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here