Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Coventry City forced to play 19/20 home games in Birmingham

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Spent many a happy Saturday at Highfield Road while at Uni. Saw the Albion get beaten up by Mark Hateley there in 82. Proper football club with decent (gallows-humour) fans. What a complete **** up the new ground has been for them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Spent many a happy Saturday at Highfield Road while at Uni. Saw the Albion get beaten up by Mark Hateley there in 82. Proper football club with decent (gallows-humour) fans. What a complete **** up the new ground has been for them.

Missed that one,but remember the Andy Ritchie winner fron the year before.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This isn't really about Wasps, but about Coventry's owners SISU who are just complete ********s.
Cov fan I know says despite what sisu are and how they behave the club would have been no more when they hoovered it up. No other interested parties and not like they profited from gnd sale. Stupid prior board thinking they would never be relegated from prem hence agreeing massive rent was what I was led to believe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
O/T - Isn't the Falmer stadium in Brighton? Wasn't there all that fuss about the Local Plan when we were trying to get it built?

If I remember rightly, its (mostly) within the boundary of Brighton & Hove. Only part of the coach park encroached within LDC's boundaries, hence giving them their remit to fvck us over for years. I always wondered why we couldn't just move the bloody thing somewhere else within the B&H boundary and thumb our noses at them, but I'm sure there must've been a reason.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cov fan I know says despite what sisu are and how they behave the club would have been no more when they hoovered it up. No other interested parties and not like they profited from gnd sale. Stupid prior board thinking they would never be relegated from prem hence agreeing massive rent was what I was led to believe.

Coventry were relegated from the Premier League in 2001. They started playing at the Ricoh in 2005 as a Championship club.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A 21 mile yomp for every home game then. Not quite as bad as Gillingham (or Northampton for that matter), but very sad nonetheless. That Ricoh Arena has been the ruin of CCFC. I always liked Highfield Road, didn't think they had an urgent need for a new stadium. Now look at the state of them.

Never been to Highfield Road but i take your word it was an ok stadium. Coventry's ground problems are almost as bad as ours.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've got a friend here who's a Coventry fan. He was worrying about this happening all season. It just sounds like a complete shit show between the landlord, the council and Sisu. I don't see how any of the parties win in this situation.

Wasps do.

Its been fairly clear for the last couple of years that they didn't want the football club there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton and HOVE Albion?

Where was the Goldstone?

Hove wunnit. Not Brighton.

Never been to Highfield Road but i take your word it was an ok stadium. Coventry's ground problems are almost as bad as ours.

2000-City-Ground-aerial.bmp

p02q6c6k.jpg

I thought it was a grand old stadium. I don't know any Coventry fans, but I bet the ones who are old enough to remember it must miss it like hell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hove wunnit. Not Brighton.

2000-City-Ground-aerial.bmp

p02q6c6k.jpg

I thought it was a grand old stadium. I don't know any Coventry fans, but I bet the ones who are old enough to remember it must miss it like hell.

Did we play at HFR in their last season? if so that was my only trip.

I have no idea about the score, team members, manager but it was a nice sunny day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did we play at HFR in their last season? if so that was my only trip.

I have no idea about the score, team members, manager but it was a nice sunny day.

The only time I went to Highfield Road was for a dreadful 0-0, we had BZ playing up front.

I can't remember the year, but it was a cold day. I went with [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION], we were in hospitality and got very, very drunk. You see at the top left of that aerial pic in the corner there's a little roof at the angle between the two stands - those were the executive boxes, we were in one of those, 2 or 3 stories up. Tremendous day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only time I went to Highfield Road was for a dreadful 0-0, we had BZ playing up front.

I can't remember the year, but it was a cold day. I went with [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION], we were in hospitality and got very, very drunk. You see at the top left of that aerial pic in the corner there's a little roof at the angle between the two stands - those were the executive boxes, we were in one of those 2 or 3 stories up. Tremendous day.

Nope not then, t'was definitely a lovely sunny t-shirt wearing day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here