Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You and BG are probably good mates.

carlsberg.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll stick the question on one of the forums....there's bound to be some stat geek out there that knows or has access to it......................

Cheers :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm with you. Let's not go overboard because we won a test match out of nothing. Brilliant to celebrate Stokes' innings and an unlikely win, but it's going to mean diddly squat if we don't win one of the next 2 and ensure we at least draw the other.

Botham in '81 is remember because we went on to win the Ashes. Doubt it's such a legendary moment if we didn't then win at Edgbaston and Old Trafford.
It may go on to mean little, so even more reason to celebrate it now while it still means a lot. If we lose the Ashes (not just draw them), I'll not bother watching Stokes's innings again. Right now I'm still enjoying it, and watching it over and over.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ricky Ponting
'Wowee. What are we witnessing here from Ben Stokes?'

12 balls later...

Ricky Ponting
'Wowee. What are we witnessing here from Ben Stokes?'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It may go on to mean little, so even more reason to celebrate it now while it still means a lot. If we lose the Ashes (not just draw them), I'll not bother watching Stokes's innings again. Right now I'm still enjoying it, and watching it over and over.

Which is what I said, brilliant to celebrate Stokes' innings and an unlikely win. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only Lewis Hamilton can stop him now, but with institutional racism in the voting for SPOTY of the year even if he wins yet another World Championship I doubt he would win it.

He has already won it once. A Welshman last year and a Somalian migrant the year before. Can't be that institutionally racist...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Come on Trig you're slipping. We can't lose something we don't have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still watching different highlights
Same. You were agreeing with POTG, who said he's moved on to Old Trafford, and 'That was Sunday, it's now Tuesday', whilst Nomad is, like us, still celebrating.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on Trig you're slipping. We can't lose something we don't have.
:glare: The Ashes doesn't only refer to an urn, it also refers to the test cricket series we're playing. Losing that series would be losing the Ashes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has already won it once. A Welshman last year and a Somalian migrant the year before. Can't be that institutionally racist...

You seem to have made the error of taking a [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] post seriously...?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks chaps. I'm being very specific, so it has to be where the winning team bats last (i.e. chasing the game) and then goes on to win – a load in that list are either drawn matches or the second innings being following on from the woeful first one. I succumbed to a bit of searching, but nothing in this list: https://sportsshow.net/10-biggest-differences-between-a-teams-first-and-second-innings/ illustrates what I'm talking about.

Looking at the records there are only nine successful run chases in the history of the game that have required more runs than this. None of those had bigger innings differentials.

So, given that England only managed 67 in their first innings, I can comfortably conclude that no further research is needed.

This is the match that answers your question.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looking at the records there are only nine successful run chases in the history of the game that have required more runs than this. None of those had bigger innings differentials.

So, given that England only managed 67 in their first innings, I can comfortably conclude that no further research is needed.

This is the match that answers your question.
Perfect, thanks.

So it's another record, then? [emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here