Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you be happy if

Would you be happy if Graham Potter was named manager of BHA today?

• Yes

Votes: 128 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 74 31.9%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

That's where I'm at. None of the other names I've seen are that inspiring with the exception of Arteta and there's no chance of that happening.

But, having read that Guardian article that was posted on here yesterday I got the impression that it would take a huge effort to prize him out of Swansea

I used to have to go to Swansea on work, i couldn't wait to get out of there!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'd want us to take a bit longer so the interview process has been rigorous and any incoming manager will have had time to properly work on and present their plan on how they'll best use the squad (current and anticipated).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it turns out we've sacked CH in order to get Potter in, and he decides to stick with Swansea, are we not going to be looking a bit silly?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, but not entirely without reservations. I'd be happy that we've made a quick appointment and that we haven't gone for one of the usual dull suspects but rather for an exciting prospect who likes an attacking, passing style (not unlike Eddie Howe), and excited to see what he could get out of our better players and what he'd look to bring in. The reservations are the obvious ones about lack of experience at this level.

Maybe lack of experience at this level could work for him? Hughton's PL experience(s) may have worked against him, making him even more cautious than he was at Norwich? In The Championship we played fearless football most of the time. We never saw much fearless football as soon as we arrived in the PL.

If it happens that Potter is our new manager or head coach then he has my support. Just as Hughton did when he was made manager. I wasn't happy at all when he got the job but supported him, as I believe all Albion fans did.

It's the start of a new era and I am actually looking forward to next season now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There were a few raised eyebrows when hughton was appointed followed by an influx of Norwich fans spreading the doom so like all managers I would trust the clubs judgement and make my own opinion when the new guy and his team take to the field next season

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Not the big known name manager you might expect but then lets not get on that merry management go around (Mark Hughes in the news today saying he is ready to get back into management) and lets pass on all the has beens that always get a mention.

While mostly unknown Potter maybe just what the club needs , a fresh approach from someone who has learnt his trade abroad and with some success at European competitions as well as domestic. He may not have set the championship on fire but baring in mind what he had to work with he has not done a bad job.

Taking all that into consideration , happy yes , excited & inspired not at the moment but maybe after a few games in charge.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
On paper he sounds OK, TBH I hadn't heard of him until the past couple of days. I don't know whether to be happy or not if he comes. On that basis went for 'meh'.

Not sure who I would realistically be happy with though!

D

Deleted member 2719

Will we see you at the Amex next season?

There is a much bigger chance, just awaiting the apologies from MR B to seal the deal.

It really would be gain my respect for him and everyone can make a mistake, I was a couple of days late and he backed the wrong horse.

Who knows this could be the time to make up.:kiss:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes - there is a lot of good stuff written about him, and the transfer window opens on Thursday - and there is work to be done.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Wouldn’t be adverse to the idea. Swansea have improved as the season went on and he seems to be able to get a lot from the attacking players at his disposal. The list isn’t exactly exciting and bar Arteta who hasn’t even managed a club but is assumed to be up to it those linked don’t exactly fill you with great excitement. Personally I do t think we need a big name just someone who can utilise our defensive strength but who can also get the most out of players link March when going forward.
He got a lot of it of McBernie and James who are both young and I expect he could do the same with some of our attacking players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here