Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Honestly? I haven't got a clue – it's got whatever it came with (I can find out if you REALLY want to know [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]...) I bought it from my brother-in-law after he decided cycling wasn't for him and it's done the jobs it's needed to do, so far.

I'm happy to admit that I know next to nothing about the intricate details of bike components, nor am I particularly bothered by them. I guess I'm a bit of a 'none of the gear, no idea' kinda cyclist :)

EDIT: Actually, that's not strictly true – I could do with a new/better/more comfortable saddle because mine always kills my arse after about 25 miles or so. Any recommendations gratefully received...

Just say Campag and everything will be ok in the world.

What you've actually done is stumbled straight into the longest running joke on here.
Italian bike must have an Italian groupset.
Shimano are world famous for making fishing tackle.

It's that level of witty banter that has sustained this thread over all these years.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My advice is RUN!!! and don’t look back.

Yep, judging by the responses, I think you're probably right.

As you were, geeks :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EDIT: Actually, that's not strictly true – I could do with a new/better/more comfortable saddle because mine always kills my arse after about 25 miles or so. Any recommendations gratefully received...
Chances are it's not the saddle more to do with the bike set up and your riding posture.

There's loads of 'bike fit' videos on Youtube that'll get you at least in the ballpark of good posture which in turn ought to relief the pressure from your arse.

GCN and Road CC feeds will be a good place to start.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

What you've actually done is stumbled straight into the longest running joke on here.

It's that level of witty banter that has sustained this thread over all these years.

What he said ^

Yep, judging by the responses, I think you're probably right.

As you were, geeks :wave:

Welcome aboard squire.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Speaking of Italian bikes, my LBS has a couple of lovely De Rosas in the window. The thing is they are geared for flat lands. The Colnago next to it on the other hand looks much more hill usable. Swap the gearing and offer a massive discount and I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EAt22jYW4AA_O-A.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Ah -- finally I get it!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So, should I be grateful that Tredz are sending me this brand new bike - or should I be really pissed that its taken 5 weeks to discover my (8 month old) one has been discontinued, so I cant get the same colour scheme as before?
At the moment Im going more the latter....:tantrum::rant:

20190730_130846.jpg

At least Stat will be happy its not got white bar tape....yet.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION], you should at least get all pissy knickered and hint at a discount to prevent you pulling out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, should I be grateful that Tredz are sending me this brand new bike - or should I be really pissed that its taken 5 weeks to discover my (8 month old) one has been discontinued, so I cant get the same colour scheme as before?

View attachment 113624

You know what that needs:-

celeste bar tape.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
[MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION], you should at least get all pissy knickered and hint at a discount to prevent you pulling out.

This is a replacement mate - already paying through Paypal, monthly. Only another 2 years to go on a bike I dont particularly like the look of....
Orbea dont have any of my one left in stock as they are onto the 2020 versions - and Tredz have sold out of it completely in my size. The two other colour ways for 2020 are plain black, and navy blue / red....but they are another 6 week wait on pre order.

Believe me, Im totally pissy knickered right now...but stuck with it unfortunately :( If only I had been told all this 6 weeks ago when I first got in touch with them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

View attachment 113624

Drinking alcohol to excess rarely solves anything.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Nope, was a non-cycling incident. Broke a lump of wood by stamping on it and it sprung back and hit my hand. Stepped fracture of the metacarpal (little finger side of my hand). Surgery on Monday to set it.

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh. I hope it’s not too painful though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here