Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He wouldn't lose seats to them. The Tories will only field hard BREXIT candidates. But Farage will have a say in a non aggression pact despite winning no places in parliament.

This country is now run by a minority of right wing zealots.

One factor that no-one's mentioned yet is that what the 20-odd MPs who are kicked out of the party are going to do? Some of them are leaving parliament anyway but people like Rory Stewart and Sam Gyimah are quite young and won't be finished with politics. There's already talk of a new centre-right Conservative party being formed and there's every possibility that a few MPs find themselves standing against Tories ... which will be interesting.

The other question is what happens if Johnson loses his seat. I have a friend in Uxbridge and she tells me that the seat is a top target for Labour and they're very hopeful of winning it. BJ didn't win any friends locally with his cowardice over Heathrow and he's certainly not a shoo-in for it.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One factor that no-one's mentioned yet is that what the 20-odd MPs who are kicked out of the party are going to do? Some of them are leaving parliament anyway but people like Rory Stewart and Sam Gyimah are quite young and won't be finished with politics. There's already talk of a new centre-right Conservative party being formed and there's every possibility that a few MPs find themselves standing against Tories ... which will be interesting.

The other question is what happens if Johnson loses his seat. I have a friend in Uxbridge and she tells me that the seat is a top target for Labour and they're very hopeful of winning it. BJ didn't win any friends locally with his cowardice over Heathrow and he's certainly not a shoo-in for it.

If there's one seat in the country that could (sorry, should) see inter-party co-operation then that's the one. His majority was slashed last time,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With Climate protestors and Brexit we have a highly volatile situation that may well end up in serious riots, a repeat of the Poll Tax March.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Why, in your opinion, did Parliament (on all sides) agree to adhere to the result by about 6 : 1?
That's what parliament voted.

He thinks the people are being betrayed.

For the fifth time. Where in the referendum did is say if vote leave won, we will leave the EU?

In the name of democracy please answer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yep ,the Looney left and liberal extremists hand in hand ,the silent majority are waiting patiently :wink:
Regards
DF

The thing is, you're not silent, more's the pity.
I guess you needed a voice, and this has given one to you. Pity you only use it to spout bile and nonsense. Such a wasted opportunity for you, as will Brexit be, if it happens, as you'll still be the same, sad old racist, but without an audience anymore.
Enjoy it while you can, I feel it will be short-lived.

Jan 30, 2008
I guess you needed a voice, and this has given one to you. Pity you only use it to spout bile and nonsense. Such a wasted opportunity for you, as will Brexit be, if it happens, as you'll still be the same, sad old racist, but without an audience anymore.

As I said I won't have your types trying to devalue 17.4 million votes, name calling is so bang on trend Timmy
Regards
DF

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not people, just you......

Don't be so modest.At least 17.4 million people,and a cat,are sneering at you.

leverwhatatwat.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Being lectured on natural justice by a former football hooligan. ???

You couldn't make it up :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Johnson's latest bluster-fest contained the usual cocktail of lies, half-truths and outright stupidity. The one that is most laughable was the assertion that somehow we are making progress with negotiations. Merkle gave him 30 days of which 10 have elapsed with no action form our side at all. He has previous said that he'll double the number of negotiations - I'm no mathematician but 2 x 0 = 0.

Behind the big fat bluster is a big fat zero.

Behind the bluster is a big FAT NO DEAL leave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't care what you 'won't have'. I might have done, a while ago, but not anymore.
Timmy?

Will he 'won't have' something? I'm just reading the replies.

:lolol:

One thing is certain. Even if we do go Hard Brexit he still won't be happy. It will be the wrong type of hard Brexit :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here