Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I always find the lack of atmos comments re WSU laughable because I think we do just fine. It’s all a matter of perspective I guess but the N Stand sounds like 3 men and a dog at times and E Stand looks and sounds like a subbuteo crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s an acoustics thing. From ESL I hardly ever hear anything that sounds like it’s coming from WSU. We also get away fans singing about a library when the North have been singing non-stop. I also often think the SW corner just wave flags in silence! It’s all a bit odd.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
897 left - selling at a consistent 40 tickets an hour with a boost in the morning no doubt - should sell out . Looks like they got the pricing just right - Congrats to the ticket team

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Ironically, it’s articles like that - constantly talking down the FA Cup - that are contributing to its decline. There are enough bandwagon-jumpers who loosely follow football nowadays that won’t bother to go to what they keep being told is a dead competition. For me, the idea it’s not worth considering as important only applies to supporters of the ‘Big Six’ who have been spoilt by a surfeit of trophies. It’s a shame the newspapers constantly peddle that line. It’s a squad game in the Premier League now and any club should be able to give the lower division sides a competitive match even if they make changes, so that argument is a red herring.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
867 left now. With some people getting paid tomorrow, there is a good chance the game will be close to a sell out come tomorrow night. Should be a cracking atmosphere with over 3500 travelling fans. Really looking forward to the game now.

867 left now. With some people getting paid tomorrow, there is a good chance the game will be close to a sell out come tomorrow night. Should be a cracking atmosphere with over 3500 travelling fans. Really looking forward to the game now.

847 in the WSU. The few others are WC seats. I expect (and hope so those wanting a lower tier) that some of W1A south side will open tomorrrow. Likely to be followed by all of it later in the day as sales increase.

West Brom still have 350+ in G block to sell. Less than 100 sold in the last 48h so they are unlikely to need H or I blocks, which mean we could have them too (minus segregation)

These can still be sold on the day for home and away fans so am still sitting tight with my 29k prediction.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
847 in the WSU. The few others are WC seats. I expect (and hope so those wanting a lower tier) that some of W1A south side will open tomorrrow. Likely to be followed by all of it later in the day as sales increase.

West Brom still have 350+ in G block to sell. Less than 100 sold in the last 48h so they are unlikely to need H or I blocks, which mean we could have them too (minus segregation)

These can still be sold on the day for home and away fans so am still sitting tight with my 29k prediction.

Any more than 28k is amazing really. This will be a true reflection of attendance on match day and 28k is good

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I always find the lack of atmos comments re WSU laughable because I think we do just fine. It’s all a matter of perspective I guess but the N Stand sounds like 3 men and a dog at times and E Stand looks and sounds like a subbuteo crowd.

My boss was in the away stand for the Liverpool game. Said when the West piped up the noise was almost deafening, whereas the noise from North while slightly more frequent was not nearly as audible.

There’s good days and bad days but in general the atmosphere isn’t that bad up in the Gods.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My boss was in the away stand for the Liverpool game. Said when the West piped up the noise was almost deafening, whereas the noise from North while slightly more frequent was not nearly as audible.

There’s good days and bad days but in general the atmosphere isn’t that bad up in the Gods.

Accoustics

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It’s an acoustics thing. From ESL I hardly ever hear anything that sounds like it’s coming from WSU. We also get away fans singing about a library when the North have been singing non-stop. I also often think the SW corner just wave flags in silence! It’s all a bit odd.

And yet we're reliably informed the atmosphere translates well onto the pitch.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And yet we're reliably informed the atmosphere translates well onto the pitch.
And David Blunkett, who must be a reasonable judge of sound levels in a football stadium, described The Amex as generating a "spine tingling wall of noise" such that he had not experienced in 50 years of watching football...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And David Blunkett, who must be a reasonable judge of sound levels in a football stadium, described The Amex as generating a "spine tingling wall of noise" such that he had not experienced in 50 years of watching football...

That game was something special though. probably the best atmosphere I have experienced at the Amex.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I’m not doubting and was aware of his solid gold testimony but it is amusing how we all claim we can’t hear each stand etc.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’m not doubting and was aware of his solid gold testimony but it is amusing how we all claim we can’t hear each stand etc.
There are many different aspects to this. The most obvious one for me is that our stands only ever sing their loudest at the same time as each other...!

Last edited:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Just 677 tickets remaining in west upper. Around 200 tickets been sold already today. Might just be a sell out for home fans. Great effort.

The BBC will still compare it to our last league attendance (Liverpool record crowd) and declare it down by X% and that cup losing its magic !

That and the usual noise about how many changes made to the team !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here