Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think im more in a denial mode.. strangely looking forward to it and can't wait till the big off.. Full on 'sh*tting myself at the thought of it' mode will, I expect will arrive heavily next week.. with the usual.. "i havn't done enough training/runs/got too many niggles/can't run that far/gonna get lost/everythingelse... aaaarrrgghhhhh"

All of that [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah that would be good. I’m Camping, so I’m getting there for 6ish, tenting up, registering.. then maybe heading into Winchester for a pub crawl… !!

Oh, and if you still hear snoring coming from a small tent on the start line at 5.30, feel free to give it a kick!

I decided against that so will be in the hotel as I am soft. I'll be over to check in on Friday though so will catch up then

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good advice to go off road - I really can feel the difference. Took the extreme option and ran up to Cissbury Ring. Hard work but good views.

The sun had already set so I headed back down quickly - they sacrifice virgins, goats and slow runners up there, right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433451432.834333.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've kind of lost track...who's doing Worthing 10k on Sunday?

Too far and too much effort for me. 10k that is not the drive to Worthing.
Was that you @BigNuts pushing the toddler past Dave Gilmour's house around 1pm?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good advice to go off road - I really can feel the difference. Took the extreme option and ran up to Cissbury Ring. Hard work but good views.

The sun had already set so I headed back down quickly - they sacrifice virgins, goats and slow runners up there, right?

View attachment 65847

Thumb up on here and Strava. I need to do some off road climbs after Sunday

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Good Work.

Chanctonbury Ring is the place for that sort goings on... You name it, they'll sacrifice it up there..

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Too far and too much effort for me. 10k that is not the drive to Worthing.
Was that you @BigNuts pushing the toddler past Dave Gilmour's house around 1pm?

Yes it was me, I have the little ****er who refuses to sleep all weekend all by myself why the wife is at a Hen Weekend. So I've got a weekend without running which is a shame as I had booked in for the Seaford half Sunday.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes it was me, I have the little ****er who refuses to sleep all weekend all by myself why the wife is at a Hen Weekend. So I've got a weekend without running which is a shame as I had booked in for the Seaford half Sunday.

Good work! Have you considered a trip to Chanctonbury Ring?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Any advice for sudden loss of my running mojo. A 2-3 days a week runner for the last four years or so I occasionally go through periods like this. Have just returned from three months overseas where my mojo was in a great place. Since my return I've only managed 5 runs in the last 4 weeks and I'm showing no sign of snapping out of it. Due to hit the tarmac tomorrow and to be honest I'm dreading it.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Any advice for sudden loss of my running mojo. A 2-3 days a week runner for the last four years or so I occasionally go through periods like this. Have just returned from three months overseas where my mojo was in a great place. Since my return I've only managed 5 runs in the last 4 weeks and I'm showing no sign of snapping out of it. Due to hit the tarmac tomorrow and to be honest I'm dreading it.
Enter an event? Always helps to have a goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We all go through this......just stick at at, and very soon you'll you'll be out on a run and suddenly think 'I fvcking love this'. Few things to try include going offroad - if you're local, then look no further than the Downs. Don't worry about pace (you'll be slower than normal), just enjoy the fresh air and views. Do some intervals - fast stuff is invigorating. Maybe try out a club - running with others might help. Do an event - maybe a 'less serious' thing - WSFRL races are good, parkrun etc.

Above all, don't give up because the mojo comes and goes. Remember that 'the favourite part of my run is the first 10 minutes' was said by no one, ever.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I wrote about the motivation I use: https://medium.com/@darrenmckay/those-who-can-should-7d9b4f5cd0e7

I had a motivational trough last week when off with the kids at half-term. Having dipped in and out of running in the past I knew it would come sooner rather than later so I forced myself out on Friday evening and obliterated my 10km PB.

A personal (non)park(non)run for me this morning: http://www.darrenishere.com/juneathon-day-6-nonparknonrun/

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good non park non run over the Gallops [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Good preparation for the Derby.

Reminded today why Parkrun is motivational. Set off too fast and legs had nothing left for the finish line and [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] powered past with 2 other runners on his shoulder in the last 50m. I don't run to get overtaken on the final sprint to the finish. Especially by a NSC challenger. Time 20:54, 24 secs down without [MENTION=21215]Dazzer[/MENTION] pacing but similar effort.
NSC Challenge next week anyone who wants to aim for a max effort.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
How did those running in the Worthing 10k get on? Was my first time, course couldn't have been flatter/quicker (to be expected I guess with it being Worthing seafront), but still pretty hard work in the heat. Managed a new PB of 45:51 which I'll most definitely take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here