Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uefa Nations League

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, I think Maguire is a better player than he is showing tonight but Stones doesn’t get into the Citeh team with if all is fit so why we think he is good enough to start for national side is beyond me!

Exactly. Guardiola knows.

Probably an unpopular view on NSC, but I rate Tarkowski as a quality CB who simply defends. I’d rather him starting, than Stones.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Both Stones and Maguire have been awful, not even sure why Maguire is giving it to him there in the first place. Woeful defending by England, Walkers not been much better either.

Trouble is that Stones is encouraged to do this in training at City with better players and still doesn’t get in the team. After 100 minutes of a tough match just play safe. There was little to gain by trying what he did.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
With Davy playing, I'm hoping Netherlands win. I always used to joke ironically that I'm an Albion fan, not a football fan. Now I realise I'd rather Propper does well than England win which must make me a very parochial uber Albion fan.

D

Deleted member 2719

Chapman now winding the t#at up saying 'sorry I was just reading a text about Potter being disappointed that he has joined a championship club'!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What is it with semi-finals and losing 2-1 after extra-time?

Is there some sort of private gag going on in the dressing room?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got to say, when I saw how poor that Champions League Final was with all the English players in it I was fully expecting this match to be more of the same.

Complacency and rust - a lethal combination.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not our greatest performance under Southgate but I will say there are some positives. Nothing really between the teams. Shame the Dutch time wasted badly and the ref was picky as ****.

Very unlucky in that a few CM VAR call potentially cost us the win. Also their goal was so lucky as it was a mid kick going well wide. If I was being very picky I’d say Pickford has to stay on his line after making that great save rather than running at the ball as the chance of him getting a clean hit on the ball weren’t great - and he didn’t. As for Stones - cost us both goals by being very stupid. Still love this New England. Fans absolutely outstanding as ever. Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here