Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind?

boik

Getting battered 5-0 every week? It's never happened under GP and we ran the team that has come closest to it very close the other night.

We're not getting battered, or ever likely to under GP. He'd walk long before that happened I think. I'm sticking with the guy and trust him to walk when he's reached his limit rather than the limit of the players (strikers).

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Relegation - losing PL status after 2 years of putting his own stamp on the team (and getting significant support doing it) should warrant the sack for any manager.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I haven't read the whole thread, but in my opinion I'm really happy with the way the club is being run.

If our Chairman and members of the board are behind our manager then so am I. They know a lot more about running a successful football club than I ever will. The moment that they say they're not behind the manager it'll be time to make a change. Until then my faith is based on the board and owners, not the manager or the team.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Relegation. No value in making a change at this point but if we go down then we need evaluate the failure and make changes and if that highlights GP then so be it.
I always think that process should be undertaken at the end of every season anyway (It probably is). Who is available and are they better than what we have? That should apply to coaches as much as players.

Right now though I think it's too risky to make a change and the case to do so is not yet proven and hopefully won't be...

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’m still genuinely enjoying this season albeit a few key results. I love the fact that we keep buying and developing players, if for example Tau and Bissouma strike up a midfield partnership, we could have a very decent spine. We just need the likes of Welbeck, Lallana, Lamptey and Connolly back in the starting line up and we might start winning a few games. If our best eleven goes down 4 or 5 nil against a bottom half team, then I would maybe move towards GP needing to go. We are a long way from this scenario in my opinion. POTTER IN.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
When Pep no longer compliments him. That would mean he is definitely rubbish

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m still genuinely enjoying this season albeit a few key results. I love the fact that we keep buying and developing players, if for example Tau and Bissouma strike up a midfield partnership, we could have a very decent spine. We just need the likes of Welbeck, Lallana, Lamptey and Connolly back in the starting line up and we might start winning a few games. If our best eleven goes down 4 or 5 nil against a bottom half team, then I would maybe move towards GP needing to go. We are a long way from this scenario in my opinion. POTTER IN.

By a million miles the most frustrating season I've seen us play.

I mean, most of the time we've been in relegation battles, we've been rubbish and deserved it and I accept it.

This is the season we've spunked the most chances and found ridiculous ways to lose points in undeserved ways

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Its hard to say as even with the results not going our way, the football we play is sooooo much better than we've played at this level in the past few years. Genuinely still excited about the team and its prospects. I think for me to switch to Potter OUT it would be due to not creating anything against bottom half sides and the players looking genuinely disinterested.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m team GP until TB isn’t. As simple as that.

Doesn’t preclude me from being objective about poor performances or individual mistakes - aka having a sensible rather than knee jerk opinion.

I am staggered by how many idiots on here and elsewhere online slated the performance against City or used it as another reason to try and put another nail in the imaginary coffin for him in their heads.

I’m genuinely enjoying watching the steam come off the words of the detractors especially when they type out “HE HAS TO GO” when anyone with half a brain knows he only goes when either he or TB says.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I haven't read the whole thread, but in my opinion I'm really happy with the way the club is being run.

If our Chairman and members of the board are behind our manager then so am I. They know a lot more about running a successful football club than I ever will. The moment that they say they're not behind the manager it'll be time to make a change. Until then my faith is based on the board and owners, not the manager or the team.

Such an encouraging thread to read [emoji106] easy to forget most of NSC are behind Blooms vision and manager, just the small Potter outters who shout the loudest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I mean, most of the time we've been in relegation battles, we've been rubbish and deserved it and I accept it.

This is the season we've spunked the most chances and found ridiculous ways to lose points in undeserved ways

Yep :thumbsup:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
If we start playing like the style that Newcastle are doing this season
As we are pretty much watching every second of every game on the box this season rather than at the grounds you tend to scrutinize things a lot more
Our players are all good passers of the ball and we have been competitive in pretty much all of the games including against the top 6
No complaints here, I doubt we will ever start playing negative football with Potter so I'm sure he will be here for the duration
We will be above Newcastle at the end of this season.so it won't be just a matter of being above the current bottom 3 to avoid relegation.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

Yes it’s frustrating not getting the results. We could easily be on at least 6 more points, but over all I’m enjoying watching us play good football whilst developing young talent. At different points this season we’ve looked brilliant, possibly the best I’ve ever seen for the Albion. If things continue to move forward in terms of developing talent, retaining key players, recruiting new ones, we could be on the cusp of a golden age for BHA with Potter at the helm. Having said all that we desperately need a win against Leeds or Fulham.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we stop creating chances and go back to the 11 men behind the ball, zero shots on target football we saw under Hughton.

Exactly this.

He has done the hard work getting a team to play the way he wants them, it's all about fine-tuning now.
I am sure the Norweigan Manc will agree on that.

I just look at it like your mobile was hardly working on one bar signal most of the time from using it in the bog. But you realise its time to ditch the bog and make your way to the bedroom and get 2/3 bars, which is okay but occasional we hit the one bar.

So we need to experiment a little more to get a full 4 bar signal, occasionally dropping to 3.

This may mean investing in a loft ladder and making the calls from the loft.

The minute we are getting one bar signals from the loft, you bung the frigging phone out of the skylight and hope it still works when you pick it up and change to a new provider.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My thoughts on Potter have been more up and down than a whores drawers, and I'm still not convinced either way.
I love the way he's got us playing, and I do honestly believe that we are a couple of key players away from winning more than we lose, but it's equally frustrating as the lack of bite up front and often calamitous goings on at the back are Sunday league at times and not fit for this league at all.
I need to keep looking at the team like it's a work in progress. We are still new to this league, we are still upgrading the squad bit by bit and it will absolutely take time to get it right, I just hope we have enough to survive while the changes are being made.
For now at least, I do think potter is the right man at the helm, and if bloom and co trust him then so do I......for now.

‘New to this league’? I’m not sure we can use that excuse.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When/if the players stop trying and when you can see they've given up, that's when he needs to go.

Even if we went down I'd still stick with him because even though he does do some things I find odd or frustrating we are still threatening and still create chances. Just need players that can finish but that's the difference between a top 6 player and a bottom 6 player.

I'm with you on this. While the players are behind him and Bloom is, I will be. If one of those wavers, then it's time to go.
Don't see any evidence of either materialising at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here