[Albion] Atmosphere Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I honestly feel that one's location within The Amex has a large bearing upon one's view upon the atmosphere as to its magnitude.

Personally thought it was decent at times, but deathly quiet in others.

Totally this.

For those trying to determine a stadium’s atmosphere from watching it on TV - don’t bother. The sound will be determined by pitch side microphone levels .

I thought the atmosphere yesterday was decent - mixture of nervous moments with some good singing at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The way forward would be a safe standing zone behind the North goal allowing 2000 people. That then becomes the focus of any noise rather than expect it to come from everywhere, it won't.

After the game when people were leaving there was a group left in the North Stand near the West Stand. they started chanting when players came over and they were quite noisy so it doesn't need 25k people to make a decent noise.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Game of two halves. Weirdly silent first half followed by great second (half time pint, North standing, lots of attacking towards our end, some cheating by Bournemouth to get cross about...)

You're probably right, to be fair. I think my opinion is blinkered by the second half, but the first was subdued overall in comparison. I think there were a lot of nerves about though as we'd taken the lead again but were on the back foot again at times first half. We've conceded a lot of soft goals lately when the oppo have got on top!

12.30 kos are notorious anywhere for being sleepy atmospheres though, especially to begin with.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Utter ignorance. Would expect nothing less from the guardian.

Our atmosphere is lukewarm, but by no means bad and certainly not the worst in the division by a long shot.

Half of the north stand are not interested in leading an atmosphere due to it's demographic. That's not a criticism of the half that does try.

Our home end is far too small and many of the louder voices have ascended to the dizzy heights of the upper west where only the east stand can even hear them.

Jan 30, 2008
What makes a ‘Quality’ football supporter?
One with dodgy racist beliefs?
One who thinks having a ruck with opposition’Qaulity’ supporters is a proof of superiority?
One Spewing hate and bile over the internet because you still live in a warped 1970s timeframe and have never grown up passed the “We took your end” mentality?
One never going to games of the team you supposedly support, and instead criticising those who do?

And reeeeeeeelax
Regards
DF

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
As an aside, I still think that away fans should be given ESL, filling up from the South end to the half-way line. I think that it would benefit us results wise and also hide the empty seats from the TV cameras. Also, I think that the South Stand might on the whole be slightly less exposed to the rain than ESL.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very quiet today, was any groups of fans trying to spur us on???

BT microphones only picked up on Chelsea singing, I hope not too many newbies experienced that atmosphere as their first match.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

BT microphones only picked up on Chelsea singing, I hope not too many newbies experienced that atmosphere as their first match.

The fans of the team leading, make the most noise. Usually the way.

Brighton taking the lead on 10 minutes and comfortably holding onto it, would’ve led to a silent Chelsea end.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Watched on a stream and disagree. Could hear Chelsea’s 2 songs a few times but certainly the Albion support sounded great in places. Mate of mine text saying it was really good too!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

12.30ko on new years day... There wouldn't have been a ground in the country that would have been anything but very quiet under the same circumstances.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Commentator on my stream referred to the fans all possibly having hangovers, which they shook off after half-time. The co-commenter (Upson?) made the point that the players needed to give them something to get them excited about.

D

Deleted member 2719

The fans of the team leading, make the most noise. Usually the way.

Brighton taking the lead on 10 minutes and comfortably holding onto it, would’ve led to a silent Chelsea end.

I know this is the way in general, but there must have been some motivators within the crowd trying to help the lads on.

I may be annoying in the stands to some, but I will always try to motivate the side if I am in the ground.

I just don't see the point in going if you're not going to be vocal with support to your team.:shrug:

I would give them 1 out of 10 today and that would be for turning up after a night out, and if they didn't go out last night they deserve a 0 out of 10.

D

Deleted member 2719

Watched on a stream and disagree. Could hear Chelsea’s 2 songs a few times but certainly the Albion support sounded great in places. Mate of mine text saying it was really good too!

I don't disbelieve you, it was just inaudible on BT, it must have just been a couple of lads at the back maybe???

12.30ko on new years day... There wouldn't have been a ground in the country that would have been anything but very quiet under the same circumstances.

When I was a lad................................:hilton:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know this is the way in general, but there must have been some motivators within the crowd trying to help the lads on.

I may be annoying in the stands to some, but I will always try to motivate the side if I am in the ground.

I just don't see the point in going if you're not going to be vocal with support to your team.:shrug:

I would give them 1 out of 10 today and that would be for turning up after a night out, and if they didn't go out last night they deserve a 0 out of 10.

I have the long term solution (not picking on you, honest).

For all the NSC’ers in the ES and WS who frequently criticise the lack of Amex atmosphere, to transfer to the NS in the next close season. With those who do the same whilst watching matches at home, to start attending, buying NS tickets.

Should do the trick, hey presto, a fervent NS.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I don't disbelieve you, it was just inaudible on BT, it must have just been a couple of lads at the back maybe???

When I was a lad................................:hilton:

BT can stick their mics wherever they want and they wont put them where it will pick up some wholesome language. So maybe not chat shit when you werent even in the stadium.

Considering it was yet another 12:30 kickoff and we went one down early it was a pretty good atmosphere especially considering some of the games at the end of last season.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I have the long term solution (not picking on you, honest).

For all the NSC’ers in the ES and WS who frequently criticise the lack of Amex atmosphere, to transfer to the NS in the next close season. With those who do the same whilst watching matches at home, to start attending, buying NS tickets.

Should do the trick, hey presto, a fervent NS.

I hate being behind the goal, cant they all move to WSL please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports