Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Given before he was even sworn in Democrats were saying we'll take him down with impeachment of course it was bound to happen.

It's all they've been obsessed with since that time.

It's the division and hatred that Trump keeps tweeting that causes the Democrats to treat him this way. When the economy tanks which will have nothing to do with Trump except maybe helping the downturn to come sooner through his China tariffs, he will not be re-elected, his legacy will be horribly tarnished and many of the Senators that backed him during the impeachment trial will lose their elections.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This made me laugh.

**** me how can one person be so wrong about everything they type from the first to the last word :clap:

This is the kind of insular clown that views the world in such a myopic way.

To think that people can't be interested in people from other nations, sounds like some kind of white suppremicist bullshit.

This person is anti-university if he thinks people from one nation can't study other nations people's cultures and politics.

What a dullard.

Yes, that is true, but what personal particular interest do you have in the US?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I still contest it could end in assassination, some Pennsylvanian ex-coalminer with an assault rifle and a grudge if Trump does not fully deliver MAGA in full quickly enough.

Quickly enough? The geezer's had THREE YEARS – Hillary's not in jail, the wall's not built and 'Obamacare' wasn't ever repealed and replaced.

In truth, much like the politicians over here, what they actually do doesn't really matter. Trump has a massive fan base who would back him regardless of anything he does or doesn't do or say. It's baffling to me, but each to their own...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Quickly enough? The geezer's had THREE YEARS – Hillary's not in jail, the wall's not built and 'Obamacare' wasn't ever repealed and replaced.

In truth, much like the politicians over here, what they actually do doesn't really matter. Trump has a massive fan base who would back him regardless of anything he does or doesn't do or say. It's baffling to me, but each to their own...

Indeed, his ineffectiveness has been rather a blessing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I find it incredibly interesting as living in the safety of the Westminster system (for now) when we eventually become some kind of Republic then the US system is a system I'd be worried we'd even consider.

A two party closed system is interesting to follow, but a terrible concept.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's the division and hatred that Trump keeps tweeting that causes the Democrats to treat him this way. When the economy tanks which will have nothing to do with Trump except maybe helping the downturn to come sooner through his China tariffs, he will not be re-elected, his legacy will be horribly tarnished and many of the Senators that backed him during the impeachment trial will lose their elections.

I don't think this is what will happen. There's a big chance he gets re-elected because of all this.

To put all the division and hatred at his feet is being disingenuous. When Hilary called a large section of US citizens a "basket of deplorables" it showed the division comes from both sides of the aisle.

There's a lot of potential this will all backfire big time on the Democrats and will cost quite a few of their members seats in the house. It's already cost them a Senator who switched parties.

To beat him all they had to do was provide popular policies yet all they've done so far is attack him personally which hasn't had the effect they hoped it would.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The anti-Trump types!!

Surely anyone, everyone who is a decent person is anti Trump.

I get if you live in America and his policies put food on your table and feed your kids etc that you are prepared to ignore the negative stuff he does.

However for anyone else, especially if you don't live there, how can you not be ant-Trump? He is a seriously bad guy and that's just the stuff we know about him from his own mouth.

Depends.

If you attend a historically black college for example under this administration they have received more financially than any previous administrations assigned to them.

If you support prison reform you have seen some movement towards addressing the issues.

If you're anti-interventionist then you'll view Trump not starting any wars as a good thing.

Would you rather no wars and Trump acting like a dick in the media

OR

Trump being all fake and diplomatic yet still starting foreign conflicts?

I know which one I'd prefer.

People probably considered Obama a decent person, yet he was far more warmongering than Trump has proven to be thus far. That's how public perception can be totally warped by bias.

If Trump acts like a complete wanker but starts no new foreign conflicts I'd take that, wouldn't you?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Never said you cant study, travel or have interests in the world ****wit, just saying your overpowering views are very, very tiresome. If this is all you have in life to fill your boots, I am genuinely starting to feel sorry for you.

My views aren't overpowering. I'm providing views that aren't being represented by the partisan media. Nobody is making you open the thread and read it, so stop being a sook.

90% of my posts I post at work btw. No need to feel sorry for me. I'm living a fuller life than you probably are ;)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Depends.

If you attend a historically black college for example under this administration they have received more financially than any previous administrations assigned to them.

If you support prison reform you have seen some movement towards addressing the issues.

If you're anti-interventionist then you'll view Trump not starting any wars as a good thing.

OR

People probably considered Obama a decent person, yet he was far more warmongering than Trump has proven to be thus far. That's how public perception can be totally warped by bias.

If Trump acts like a complete wanker but starts no new foreign conflicts I'd take that, wouldn't you?

Your view is warped.

Obama always had the good intention to try and limit conflict but circumstances were frequently against him.

I wonder how you would feel as a woman confronted by a president who openly advocates grab them by the p**** , just because he has the power?

Please only provide an answer without whataboutism, as that is no defence.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Your view is warped.

Why? Because it doesn't match yours?

My views match those of a more diverse group of peoples than the partisan bias of most people in this thread.

Obama always had the good intention to try and limit conflict but circumstances were frequently against him.

You can't make this statement as an absolute truth.

I wonder how you would feel as a woman confronted by a president who openly advocates grab them by the p**** , just because he has the power?

You'd be better to ask all the women who voted for him, You'd get a better answer from them than me.

We have example from a previous President that this kind of thing really doesn't matter to the voting population so perhaps it's not that big of an issue to a lot of people.

Please only provide an answer without whataboutism, as that is no defence.

You mean an answer without highlighting previous precedence?

It's strange how this term "whataboutism" appeared to be used as a deflection of hypocrisy.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
I don't think this is what will happen. There's a big chance he gets re-elected because of all this.

To put all the division and hatred at his feet is being disingenuous. When Hilary called a large section of US citizens a "basket of deplorables" it showed the division comes from both sides of the aisle.

There's a lot of potential this will all backfire big time on the Democrats and will cost quite a few of their members seats in the house. It's already cost them a Senator who switched parties.

To beat him all they had to do was provide popular policies yet all they've done so far is attack him personally which hasn't had the effect they hoped it would.

Your absolutely correct. Many Americans are angry at the Democrats for the perceived manipulation of the Institution at getting Trumps Impeachment hearing this far. It has the same connotations as certain political parties had manipulating our constitution and Parliament for their own political end, look how that turned out. Remember Trump, however much disliked by some, is a duly elected President. As things stand the Democrats may well have handed Trump 2020, just as Corbyn and Swinson handed Boris 2019. Time will tell but for me the Democrats are digging their own grave.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Depends.

OR

Turkey/Syria?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

I plan to move with my employment to Columbus, Indiana (home of Vice President, Mike Pence) and have dual citizenship in the next 5 years.It would be part of an advancement package. It is required to move to the US to accept the employment advancement. It does come with a large salary rise. My mother, living in Chicago, at the age of 89 years, is American.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Nowhere near how awful Trump has attacked his own employees in the White House! Trump is a raving looney!!!!

You don't even read his hateful tweets, do you?

Oppo the MLS side, Trump's slogan is DC Divided!

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Your absolutely correct. Many Americans are angry at the Democrats for the perceived manipulation of the Institution at getting Trumps Impeachment hearing this far. It has the same connotations as certain political parties had manipulating our constitution and Parliament for their own political end, look how that turned out. Remember Trump, however much disliked by some, is a duly elected President. As things stand the Democrats may well have handed Trump 2020, just as Corbyn and Swinson handed Boris 2019. Time will tell but for me the Democrats are digging their own grave.

I don't dispute at all that what the Democrats have done has hurt the country a great deal. They allowed a criminal US President to get elected and are currently blowing the next (2020) election by not putting up a strong candidate. That doesn't excuse Trump from the awful things he does as president. Number one is violating the law to get himself re-elected.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nowhere near how awful Trump has attacked his own employees in the White House! Trump is a raving looney!!!!

You don't even read his hateful tweets, do you?

Oppo the MLS side, Trump's slogan is DC Divided!

Tweets have zero relevance. Tweeting is like a drunk at the pub shouting at people. Who cares.

You need to read between the lines. Here's an example of how thinking tweets mean anything while you're missing the real stories worth looking into.

Democrats to the public: Trump is the most dangerous person in the world we need to stop him...

Reality: Democrats approved 733 billion to military funding and overwhelmingly voted to increase spying powers for the government.

Do you not see how people are being taken for a fool by believing the Democrats bullshit? If Trump is the most dangerous person on the planet why would you green light that amount of money for him to use on military?

If he's so dangerous why are they enabling him?

It's literally saying one thing but doing another. How can a logical critical mind not look at that and go hang on, something very fishy is going on.

If the Democrats truly believed the crap they spin you they'd be opposing such military spending, not approving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here