Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Couple of signings?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think the Greyhound would have scared Brum to death yesterday,or Izzy come to that.If they are available then just a striker needed.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I do not think that the need for signings is urgent as I am sure that we can use this squad through to Jan and it is good enough, and then re assess the situation. If it becomes desperate I am sure that there will be players out of contract that we could sign after the window closes if needed to do a job.

Ben Marshall is available after being freed by Norwich.Still only 28 and can play both full-back positions and on the wing.We tried to sign him in 2015 from Blackburn .Premiership experience.Worth a punt?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maybe you'll just have to get used to it. Who knows?

There won't be any getting used to Balogun playing as a right wing back, because we would be absolutely mental to do so. He's awkward enough as a right back, just as Goldson was.

As for Schellotto, I think we have seen him for the last time in the shirt.

To submit either of these options as an alternative to actually bringing in a competent RB/RWB is batshit crazy, unless of course your aim is to get us relegated.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In a perfect world I'd have :

- An attacking central midfielder
- A Striker
- A Right back
- & a Partridge in a Pear Tree

But for now I'll settle for an attacking central midfielder

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
schelotto is certainly capable of that role.

Jeez. Bloody hope not. Championship quality at best. Loved to see The Greyhound tear up and down the wing but his skills weren't up to his long legs then. PL ? Nah.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I do not think that the need for signings is urgent as I am sure that we can use this squad through to Jan and it is good enough, and then re assess the situation. If it becomes desperate I am sure that there will be players out of contract that we could sign after the window closes if needed to do a job.

Mr Bloom likes a gamble but I don't think after sacking CH he would want to risk making do with a squad with clear weaknesses and use the overpriced January market (that we know he dislikes) as a backup plan.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Jeez. Bloody hope not. Championship quality at best. Loved to see The Greyhound tear up and down the wing but his skills weren't up to his long legs then. PL ? Nah.

He's absolutely gash. His performance away at Huddersfield two years ago is honestly the worst football performance I have seen from a professional.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
A striker, centre mid and right back are all 100% required if we want to give Potter the tools to achieve what he has been asked to do. Will be very disappointed if we don't get at least three in before the window closes.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure why this is even a debate.
Of course the club are looking to make more signings.
They're not being linked with the likes of Bogle or Maupay by mistake and if they don't land them,, then other options at RB, and CF must surely be on their radar.
And given previous seasons i wouldn't rule out more signings for the u23s with potential to step up and more signings who are immediately loaned out etc.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

an enormous amount of money has been spaffed in january by desperodoes.
i'm hoping bloom and potter don't want to be those guys

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
1 plus young players to step up as they say cometh the hour cometh the man with the likes of Baluta and the young lad from Man City. I think that if played in their correct positions we have sufficient quality even as a strikers. I thought that the 25 man squad was named at the end of the first month so a couple of games for GP to assess the situation after the window closes.

Remind me how that worked out after Januarys piss poor efforts of recruitment? 2 spaces in the 25 man squad...desperately short of quality and Ideas nearly cost us our PL spot.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I’m very confident that we’ll get a couple more players in before the window slams shut, but it won’t be quite the end of the world if we don’t.

- A defensively minded right back
Mr Balogun

- Centre forward
Mr Connolly

- Mobile defensive midfielder
Mr Băluță

Too soon for Connolly. A loan would be a good move for him.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need to get rid of

Balogun > defensive midfielder beast. Should just bid 20m for Phillips at Leeds or even hayden at Newcastle
Scheletto > mobile right back on loan like kyle Peters
Hemed > new striker like maupay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Right back - if Birmingham is anything to go by we're playing wing backs. Always thought Knockaert could do a job there, but never mind, schelotto is certainly capable of that role. So may not be essential

Schelotto injured and unable to defend anyway. We need a RB or is that RWB?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need a right back and a striker. Without those two, we going into the season with a demonstrably weaker squad than the one that limped over the line to safety.

Spot on. Had this on auto-repeat-post all summer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not sure why this is even a debate.
Of course the club are looking to make more signings.
They're not being linked with the likes of Bogle or Maupay by mistake and if they don't land them,, then other options at RB, and CF must surely be on their radar.
And given previous seasons i wouldn't rule out more signings for the u23s with potential to step up and more signings who are immediately loaned out etc.

Nice [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here